Alistair, the most useless champ ever?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Cast?el

12-22-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by j4bberw0ck View Post
I have been trying to play Alistair recently and can not find a way to make him viable, now that I think about it I have never seen an Alistair that was useful. It seems that the only thing he can do is push towers, the problem is getting to the towers. In team fights I am ignored and in solo fights i have enough health to run away but that is it. Can anyone help me make Alistair viable
not really haha. its funny as hell bumping over extending champs into allied turrets and such.

Jaden Jade

12-22-2010

I've played hundreds of games with Ali-star!! I either build him AD when fighting heavy physical team. Thornmail+ armor pen and damage items pwns em so badly. And sometimes AP, Puv. + headbutt just knocks off more than half their hp if you play good. Ali-star is one of my fav. champs.

CaptainPl4n8

12-23-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by cXm0d View Post
Locket is a pretty good item on him.
Locket is gone.

I found 2 Rod of ages, granted you can pull it off early enough, is all he needs.

Wisewind

12-23-2010

I wouldnt' say he's useless but the top tier tanks Rammus,Shen, and Amumu are just too useful. All three can jungle, Rammus and Shen can force teams to focus them with their taunts, all three are strong chasers, Rammus has an on-demand ghost, Shen has a free global teleport that saves teammates and sets up counter-gank scenarios, Amumu has a great initiation combo, all three are better farmers, and all three have better gank potential then Alistar.

He isn't picked over them because he just doesn't have the toolset to compete with them.

Nickicksu

12-23-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wisewind View Post
I wouldnt' say he's useless but the top tier tanks Rammus,Shen, and Amumu are just too useful. All three can jungle, Rammus and Shen can force teams to focus them with their taunts, all three are strong chasers, Rammus has an on-demand ghost, Shen has a free global teleport that saves teammates and sets up counter-gank scenarios, Amumu has a great initiation combo, all three are better farmers, and all three have better gank potential then Alistar.

He isn't picked over them because he just doesn't have the toolset to compete with them.
alistar can jungle

Wisewind

12-23-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickicksu View Post
alistar can jungle
Im sure he can but how long would it take him to do it, all three of those tanks can clear out the jungle with 5-6 mins depending on their rune + mastery setups, Alistar has abysmal attack speed and a low mana pool with Pulverize as the only skill that works on the creeps, spamming this and roar will oom him out fast.

OBITWIZZLE

12-23-2010

alistar is 100% support. He does not kill on his own, he sucks at initiating, but if you let me wade into the middle of a teamfight i guarantee my team wins and your team dies. Pulverize and headbutt are basically your way of saying "your turn to die now". E lets you push forever and R makes you invincibull (yeah, i did it)

Alistar is my second favorite tank next to rammus. They're both great, but rammus just does everything better...

Deoric

12-23-2010

Try to kill my tank Alistar as he ignores you, downs your turret, stuns you, and casually walks away. Also, anyone saying he's a terrible initiator hasn't played more than a few games with him. I initiate and cause so much chaos with him that I have a team running from me by late game.

l2Alistar.

But still, if buffs are on the floor, then by all means. That would be bovine.

Kaolin

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-23-2010

NC vid

Yellow Jester

12-23-2010

Needs more tiamats.