High ELO Nunu build(s)?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Fbsunny

01-19-2010

The slow from Rylai's does stack, although not additively. I tested it in a game, and since the slow from Rylai's only lasts 2s and the Iceball slow lasts 4s it is pretty obvious to see that they do in fact stack. However it didn't seem to change it as much as it should if it were additive, aka if it slowed 85%.

The slows that don't stack are when the slows come from different sources. Since Rylai's and the Iceball are applied in the same spell they do stack. If a Ryze had a Rylai's it would not stack with Nunu's Iceball slow.

Also although being somewhat tanky is helpful, I find that other then Banshee's Veil it is best to get all AP items. As long as you try and get them to use some of their stuns before you start casting your ult you should be able to finish it. And with around 600AP you can do 3k with your ult.

Hedgepig

01-19-2010

Im not high elo (dont know where I'm at, but its not amazing) but I do have a 2.5:1 ratio on Nunu, and hes my most played.

In short:
-Mana gem, 2 pots
- Gem > Catalyst
- Sorc treads
- Mejais
- Finish Banshee any time after this if team has disables (most of the time)
- Else, RoA or Voidstaff
- Then Lichbane (mostly for the movement and MR, but all of it helps)

Recently I've been starting off with a mana gem and 2 pots. This gives you enough mana to spam several balls in a row when an early opportunity presents itself, and the pots+consume keep you in the lane.
Then as soon as I get 940, I finish the catalyst and teleport back to my lane, where I harass the **** out of them with snowballs.

Next is sorc boots (so your level 6 ulti hits really hard), and Mejais since you often get assists and want to get this charged up early. This handles all your AP needs, letting you get MR piercing or tanky needs.
Then finish your banshees, and get whatever AP/Sturdy combo items you need. I really like Voidstaff/Abyssal/Sorc boots/Guise items on Nunu. He gets a lot out of them on his ult due to the high natural damage on it.

Klazzix

01-19-2010

D Ring, RoA, Sorc Shoes, Mejai, BV, Abyssal

Grovel

01-19-2010

Most of this thread revolves around items, but I was wonder if prioritizing Blood Boil is a viable laning strat to help Nunu farm/last hit better? Especially if you're laning with an attack speed Carry.

Riot aBhorsen

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

eSports Coordinator

01-20-2010

I tend to go with Ice Blast first, it's great for an early gank and seen as you shouldn't really be soloing with Nunu Ice Blast + Other Champ and you should get a gank, especially if either of you have ignite.

Then i get consume as it helps you stay in lane, I don't tend to get bloodboil till lv 5.