High ELO Nunu build(s)?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Lightwrks

12-26-2009

I see a lot of talk about Nunu rising up in strength lately. I've always been a fan of the little guy and I was going to try him out soon. What builds are people finding more effective? Tank? AP? Both?

Siger

01-19-2010

Stack Rods, win games.

Riot aBhorsen

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

eSports Coordinator

01-19-2010

AP Nunu ftw. RoA, Rylai, Abyssal, Very difficult to kill, very powerful.

JunkRamen

01-19-2010

You generally have to build him tanky, with a pretty early Banshee's Veil if you want to ever land your ult and survive.

Tyrfang

01-19-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by aBhorsenn View Post
AP Nunu ftw. RoA, Rylai, Abyssal, Very difficult to kill, very powerful.
Why in the world would you get Rylai's when Nunu's two skills that hit enemy champions already have a slow effect that is stronger than Rylai's added effect?

Vordrax

01-19-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyrfang View Post
Why in the world would you get Rylai's when Nunu's two skills that hit enemy champions already have a slow effect that is stronger than Rylai's added effect?
Unless I'm mistaken, Rylai's stacks with Yeti's slows.

Grovel

01-19-2010

Probably becaue RoA and Rylai's are the only items that add a truck load of AP and Health. RoA and Rylai's are fairly similar in price, although, as you probably know, RoA gets better over time, but not as great if you're picking it up late game. Rylai's basically gives you the same AP you'd get from RoA after 15 minutes right away, although without nearly as much health or any mana. The passive is irrelevant.

Trux 42

01-19-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vordrax View Post
Unless I'm mistaken, Rylai's stacks with Yeti's slows.
lolno. That's even worse than a kat that gets rylais to "keep them in her ult longer". Seriously, 3.1k for 500 hp and 80 AP - You'd probably be better off spending that gold on anything else. Get a soulstealer at 4 stacks and a giants belt and you're 1k gold ahead of schedule, short 70 hp with the potential for a lot more stacks on your soulstealer.

http://www.leagueoflegends.com/board...ead.php?t=3287

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stumpster View Post
Q: Do slows stack?

A: No. What happens is that if you are affected by two slows, the most effective one takes affect first. After that wears off, if there is a weaker slow on you, it will take affect then. As an example:

Singed drops his Goo and you run through it (we'll say it slows for 30% for 5 seconds). At the same time, you are hit by Nunu's snowball (we'll say it slows for 50% for 3 seconds). It would play out as follows:

1st second - 50% slow
2nd second - 50% slow
3rd second - 50% slow
4th second - 30% slow
5th second - 30% slow

Note that although you have the debuff from Singed's Goo on you the entire time, the ONLY slow with impact on your movement was Nunu's snowball. When it wore off between the 3-4 second mark, THEN Singed's Goo takes affect.

Also, Banshees is a must. Assuming you're at high ELO, you're going to get interrupted even with banshees quite often, but it will give you more time on the ult. ring>boots>catalyst>banshees>catalyst>RoA is probably your best bet.

Wildstorm

01-19-2010

Stumpster's info is outdated. Item slows like rylai and frozen mallet stack with abilities, albeit with diminishing returns.

The Bark

01-19-2010

Wildstorm, where are you getting that info from? Every thread I've read states that slows do NOT stack. Quote a source, or some raw data, if you could, please.