Tryndamere guide

First Riot Post
1234567 ... 8
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

CrackerNaper

08-17-2009

awesome guide, Tryndamere is my fav and this guide has shown me a few new important builds thnx.
long live the beard!

jerzy

08-17-2009

Great guide.

People might find it OFFENSIVE though. The use of the word GAY in your BUILD ORDER section could be taken the wrong way by some.

Lima Beans

Core Engineer

08-17-2009
1 of 1 Riot Posts

^^ Agreed

rambo

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Adjudicator

08-24-2009

if snares are so bad why not get mercury's for your boots?

cwatz

Adjudicator

08-24-2009

As I said they aren't a bad option, but once you get into that team fight environment its irrelevent. Your going to be immobile the entire time. Mercury treads do nothing to prevent this, they are only strong in small scale encounters, at least from my experience.

This guide has also NOT been updated since the most recent patch. As such things like items and whatnot are not accurate (it is far more flexible now).

Quote:
Great guide.

People might find it OFFENSIVE though. The use of the word GAY in your BUILD ORDER section could be taken the wrong way by some.
Political correctness and things of that sort have never been my strong suit. When I edit the guide ill look for some of that stuff.

WinterAyars

08-30-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by rambo View Post
if snares are so bad why not get mercury's for your boots?
Too expensive, not good enough in general, doesn't reduce snares enough to really make a difference.

klorinator

Adjudicator

09-01-2009

I've been playing Tryndamere a lot recently and I've found a very interesting combination of summoner skills that I like to take... smite and heal.

Smite is amazing on Tyndamere I think it could possibly be the most powerful summoner skill for this champion. It's rare to see someone using smite outside of the jungle unless they are a mid to low level summoner... but to be able to perpetuate blood lust while chasing down an enemy is simply to good to be ignored in my opinion.

Heal is also quite nice... Many times you'll see Tryndamere going where other characters wouldn't dare and often times like those other champions, he doesn't make it out alive. But since he has 7 seconds of death immunity along with a 9 charge blood lust heal he can last a lot longer than most. I really like to use the summoner heal after Tynd's ult and blood lust. It's nice to go from 1 hp back up to around 1000 in matter of seconds.

Anyway I just though I would add my 2 cents on the utility of 2 different summoner skills...

cwatz

Adjudicator

09-01-2009

Heal is a fantastic spell for him. Its amazing for team fights period, but also has great synergy with hi ulti meaning you have more than just a bloodlust heal to give you the HP to slash away.

The smites an interesting thought I cant see its uses but id be hesitant to say its more valuable than some of the others, ill have to try it out when I start playing again with the next patch.

jokeeeer

09-02-2009

Ive made a Trynd setup fixing runes and masteries, hes now one of my fav heroes
I use -20 Armor Marks +49 HP/5 at lvl 18 Seals/Quin and -cd on lvl 18 Glyphs and my masteries is 12/15/3 improving Exhaust and Cleanse which I use as Spells. This allows me to ignore 26 armor at all levels and 51 armor with Exhaust up. I used this guide as base for skill and item builds and its been both fun and successful. I change runes and Masteries whenever I play another hero ofc :P

Thanks for the guide!

cwatz

Adjudicator

09-02-2009

Glad to hear you like it.

I find with a rank in bloodlust and regrowth pendant I have more than enough regen to keep myself happy though so you can do different things to your yellows (dodge for the talent if you think youll be facing a decent amount of physical dps or health/level are things I prefer). Im a fan of armor pen or move speed on quints aswell though dodge can be nice if you think youll be facing a lot of physical dps and you have the defense talent.

Ive tried a similar mastery setup before and it works pretty nicely. The only reason im hesitant to do that spec or put dodge in my runes is your at the mercy of the enemy champion selection. Against heavy physical dps teams its incredible, but on caster heavy setups your severly limiting yourself. One way or another its still fun to use every now and again.

Items are also far more flexible now. Atmas had a reasonable nerf, games tend to end quicker and its very dependent on how many "initiators" you have on your team (its tryndameres biggest asset atm) so when I edit this guide ill be sure to add in some extra builds.

1234567 ... 8