Season 4: The New Support Masteries

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Catbat

11-21-2013

So, as many of you know, there are new Masteries out there and some people might be wondering what to build or what to put the Masteries into. Well here are my thoughts on the new Masteries and a new Masteries for support, well here is my take on it.

Scout: 1 point
Trinkets are going to be prevelant in game play, refusing to embrace them is silly and you will get left behind. We should embrace them and one point in this utility will give them better utility.

Meditation: 3 points
Gives access to Strength of Spirit and +3 mana per 5 is great early game, allows you to lane longer and get some more abilities in.

Strength of Spirit: 1 point
In the early game this should give about +1 hp per 5 and in late game, it will give even more.

Summoner's Insight: 3 points
This gives 10% reduced cooldown on summoner spells. That's excellent for popping up exhaust earlier and getting more use of the summoner spells which can be useful after popping flash or whatever spell you take.

Alchemist: 1 point
Increasing the duration of potions by 10% gives an extra 15 hp on a health potion and an extra 10 mana on a mana potion. It also makes those oracles last longer, making it a good buy for early game pots, though it loses it's effectiveness by late game if your not getting oracle's elixir.

Cullinary Master: 1 point
Again same as Alchemist except you get more 20 hp and 10 mana on using a potion instantly! This could save your life and adds mana to health potions. With this mastery and Alchemist you get an extra 35 hp and 10 mana on a health potion.

Greed: 3 points
More gold, more items, more awesome.

Scavenger: 1 point
While your adc gets 200 minion kills, you'll get an extra 200 gold, great for getting gold without farming minions.

Wealth: 1 point
Starting with 40 gold more can give more utility to your starting items.

Expanded Mind: 1 point
increases your mana by 2%, this gives more mana to spam your abilities and even gives health regen through Strength of Spirit

Bandit: 1 point
For a poking support this can give up to 6 gold per 5 early on in the laning phase and gives another source of income.

Intelligence: 3 points
Gives 5% cooldown, so you can get those abilities up faster, and gives 10% cooldowns on active items, giving more utility for those items.

Wanderer: 1 point
You can skip this to get something more useful if your not going to leave lane often, but 5% movement speed when out of combat could be really useful for getting back in lane or roaming.

Sorcery: 4 points
This gives 10% cooldown with Intelligence so you only need to build 30%

Expose Weakness: 1 point
Landing those stuns now give your ADC more damage? Sign me up.

Mental force: 3 points
Gives an extra 16 ability power as you level, great for your now scaling ability power on slows and other abilities

Arcane Mastery: 1 point
Gives an extra 8 ability power at the start! Quite valuable. With a deathcap it gives 10.8 AP so don't skip this as it could be the difference that causes a kill.

So, what's your take on the new masteries and your ideas for new support masteries?

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	TheNewSupport.png
Views:	6873
Size:	270.7 KB
ID:	835153  

Melvear

11-21-2013

Alchemist won't affect oracles since those won't exist anymore.

Bandit is unlikely to really be 6g per 5. You can technically do it but I doubt you'll get an auto on both champions bot every 5 seconds. It's certainly worth picking up but I'd count it more for about 2g per 5.

Inspiration seems like a no brainer to take though. Many times have I seen supports be 3,4 and sometimes up to 6 levels behind someof their teammates bacause they'd been roaming to ward and help other lanes past early game. Getting free experience for tagging along (on top of the exp from minions) sounds fantastic.

Expanded Mind donesn't sounds worth it to me. the extra mana won't be much more than 100-120 at level 18. Also, it won't affect SoS since SoS is based on mana regen now, which expanded mind doesn't touch.

Catbat

11-21-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melvear View Post
Alchemist won't affect oracles since those won't exist anymore.
Yeah... It stinks, but it's really to get culinary master, and giving an early boost by having an extra 35 hp from health potions.

Quote:
Inspiration seems like a no brainer to take though. Many times have I seen supports be 3,4 and sometimes up to 6 levels behind someof their teammates bacause they'd been roaming to ward and help other lanes past early game. Getting free experience for tagging along (on top of the exp from minions) sounds fantastic.
Playing around with it, I'm thinking of taking Inspiration instead of Wanderer

Quote:
Expanded Mind donesn't sounds worth it to me. the extra mana won't be much more than 100-120 at level 18. Also, it won't affect SoS since SoS is based on mana regen now, which expanded mind doesn't touch.
SoS is based off of max mana, not mana regen. It gives 1 hp per 5 for every 300 mana There is no expanded mind, it's meditation now and I can see inspiration working late game more, and with the gold changes, you get closer to a full build by late game so the levels might be more beneficial than the hp per 5 which might only be 5 or 6 by that time.