Support Scaling and duo lanes discussion

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Axium

11-21-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gespens View Post
Lets use 40% CDR in this calculation;

Fiddle rank 5 fear = 6.6 second CD, 3 second duration, effecitve downtime = 3.6 seconds
Taric rank 5 dazzle = 8.4 second CD, 1.6 duration, effective downtime = 6.8 seconds

If Taric hits you twice, he has more effective CC time than Fiddle.

His lane power is actually pretty strong now. Hell, even his late game power is still pretty good. If you run AS masteries, you actually can lockdown someone better than nearly every other support in the game. At 1.3 AS and max CDR, you can make it so someone can't do anything and constantly shattering them. Seriously, effective ~4 second shatter cooldown? Holy ****.

Taric may actualy be good again.
Because ADCs are notorious for letting Taric walk over to them and bonk them all day.

WindLord7070

11-21-2013

Quote:
Still is, while offering more utility than before.
i hope so may be actully a little dangerous now tho atleast at the start

Gespens

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-21-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teracide View Post
Because ADCs are notorious for letting Taric walk over to them and bonk them all day.
Because they can do much to a Taric that has about 200+ armor and a stun that outranges most ADCs, followed by a slow from them attacking him.

Or he can go after that Riven.

Actually, I can see Taric top being a thing now more than ever as a counterpick.

Axium

11-21-2013

Quote:
Because they can do much to a Taric that has about 200+ armor and a stun that outranges most ADCs, followed by a slow from them attacking him.
I was more-so thinking that I'd fear him, drain half of his health, then throw a bird at him for good measure.

Gespens

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-21-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teracide View Post
I was more-so thinking that I'd fear him, drain half of his health, then throw a bird at him for good measure.
Well, now taric can stun and combo him for a good chunk of his health, and chunk them again for a bit less in ~5 seconds, and repeat.

Oh and he can offer his team about 1600 gold in stats with his ult (per person)and 1000 gold with his aura (per person).

Luna Wolf

11-21-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Rapthorne View Post
I think a lot of the upset is also generated by the fact that supports that were viable in other lanes (janna, soraka, lulu, leona etc) are now pretty much chained to a duo lane.

Riot have always taken the stance that they don't enforce the meta, but this move has killed off the viability of a lot of these alternate picks.

I for one will miss my mid lane Janna
I feel you man. RIP my mid Sona & Soraka....

Kitamerby

11-21-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morello View Post
This is an overly complex solution to the problem - why need a new stat to scale spells you want to scale? CC will not scale with a stat in League for a myriad of other reasons.
Now, I know you said you don't want to scale CC with AP, but for Lulu specifically, I think this is a missed opportunity.

If Lulu herself DOES appear to be a bit weaker in S4 than you'd hope, then what about having the MS reduction on her polymorph scale with AP, as well? Did that ever come up in internal testing? Lulu's polymorph has the only flat movement speed reduction in the game as far as I know (reduces MS by 60), so allowing it to scale with AP might help the move work even better at locking down and interrupting priority targets while giving Lulu another clearly visible result of her scaling (As the game goes on, the animals slowly grind more and more to a halt).

Also, I'm greatly looking forward to abusing the power and speed that is Race-car Lulu. I'm probably going to stack AP in Season 4 just to get the highest movespeed bonus possible for her. I'll take my giant olaf running at 810 movespeed with a slowing aura over an annie that can maybe burst half a squishy any day.

All I need now is Nashor's Tooth to have a price reduction, and I know who I'm going to continue maining in Season 4.

Axium

11-21-2013

Quote:
Well, now taric can stun and combo him for a good chunk of his health, and chunk them again for a bit less in ~5 seconds, and repeat.

Oh and he can offer his team about 1600 gold in stats with his ult (per person)and 1000 gold with his aura (per person).
Fiddle can offer his team a successful team fight. Fear ADC, pop ult into enemy team, pop Zhonya's so I don't die, watch as the enemy team scatters and my team cleans up the roaches. Given, that's a very specific scenario.

Taric will probably be alright when they do something about mages filling the support role.

Exsanguinated

11-21-2013

Change is scary and unknown to people.. SPOOKY!

Katamari Skill

11-21-2013

Support carries are screwed. The league of unconventionals is at hand. The support utility scaling is good in theory but in solo queue when your team has no coordination faster movement speed/slower slows without any reliable follow up damage since the supports ap ratios are nerfed to hell. Is a pretty garbage situation to be in as a support main. Looks like if I want to get things done it will have to be with fiddle, zyra, annie, etc.