It has been 14 months and 14 days since the last "true" mage release

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

OJ191

11-26-2013

ie a mage without assassin-like tendencies (when I say "assassin-like" basically just think elise or to a significantly lesser but by no means insignificant extent lissandra), which would be Syndra on 13/09/2012

http://leagueoflegends.wikia.com/wiki/List_of_champions

Meanwhile there have been two assassin-like mages (elise and to a significantly lesser extent Lissandra), two assassins, two supports, three marksmen, one "pure" fighter, one fighter/melee dps (aatrox, he's hard to classify lel), and one tank/AP fighter.

Then the next champion to be released (Yasuo) is a melee dps and the one after that (unless Ao Shin is delayed) is currently speculated to be either some sort of fighter or some sort of support.

Riot please?

Quote:
Originally Posted by OJ191 View Post
In any case I don't get why you guys are letting my (in your eyes) faulty view on one champion completely obviate my entire point - even if you add lissandra as a "true mage" it has still been 7 months since the last "true mage" release and only 1 "true mage" release IN MORE THAN A YEAR WHILE EVERY OTHER ROLE HAS HAD AT LEAST TWO INCLUDING SUPPORTS.

TheUltimate3

11-26-2013

It will most likely be a fighter. Because we can never have to many fighters man.

Nid is Cancer

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-26-2013

My Lissandra is NOT an assasin. Just because some people in the LCS rushed DFG doesn't make her an assasin.

Oh, and if you still think shes an assasin, all of her spells are good scaling AoE. 3/4 of them have CC and 2/4 of those are AoE cc. If you ever group up in a teamfight around your ADC, you are all going to regret it. She can't fully burst ADC's without DFG, ignite, hella AP and the ADC has no MR or health. She is played best "assasinating" ADC's but in teamfights, excelling in AoE.

AnathemaMonstrum

11-26-2013

At the least, a mage better get the next Ultimate skin.

OJ191

11-26-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheUltimate3 View Post
It will most likely be a fighter. Because we can never have to many fighters man.
*remembers S3 preseason and winces*

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoppaMan View Post
My Lissandra is NOT an assasin. Just because some people in the LCS rushed DFG doesn't make her an assasin.
Try to read, I do not list her as an assassin but state that she is a mage with assassin-like tendencies much like elise is.

Take someone like brand or annie.

Then look at lissandra.

Now back to brand/annie.

Realise that lissandra while not a pure assassin, can in fact assassinate people.

Then realise that brand and annie cannot.

SUDDENLY you now understand what I meant by saying "true" mage and "mage with assassin-like tendencies".

Isn't it amazing when you read a post fully?

Epsi

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-26-2013

I wouldn't call lissandra an assassin anymore than i'd call annie an assassin

Anguibus

11-26-2013

Lissandra is not an assassin. Lissandra is a mage who emphasizes crowd control over damage. "Mage" is not limited only to characters that are defined purely by having massive damage.

Hidden Dragon

11-26-2013

I bet you consider Brand an assassin too, huh OP?

VeX BloodNinja

11-26-2013

Lissandra, idiot

/thread

Asraleia

11-26-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoppaMan View Post
^ This. She can jump in and CC people (in a way that's very, very obvious to see coming unlike most assassins), but her damage on average is no where near bursty enough to consider her an assassin IMO. She's definitely more a utility mage.