Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

2700 IP to spare, tank runes anyone?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

MasqureMan

12-26-2009

Anyone have a suggestion on tank runes in general? Whats better and whats worse? I was going for Alistair and Rammus in terms of the champion.

Solo Mid Nasus

12-26-2009

Depends on how u play em. I really like Armor Pen for Alistar to help with pushing towers and farming.

RyuuKitten

Recruiter

12-26-2009

MR Runes, imo. Helps your early game tons against casters. Alternately stack HP.

walras

12-26-2009

I tend to not using tank runes on tanks, I usually get enough armor, health and magic resist from the items I get in the game so I use runes like mana regeneration, -%CD, armor penetration or some flat health or health regeneration if I tend to harass a lot early game.

Mr Spatula

Recruiter

12-28-2009

I've haven't 100% settled on a rune page for my tank, Cho'Gath, but what I do have:

YELLOW - dodge
BLUE - CD (mix static & per level)

sdjaks

12-28-2009

Yeah, I am more a fan of itemizing for tanking and runing for utility (except HP, but that's good for everyone). Not only does it make your page more versatile if you wanted to play a caster, but it helps out early game of tanks a lot. Mana/HP Regen/HP/Cooldown reduction is the way to go.

ninja

01-20-2010

I play Amumu a lot, and my rune page looks like:

Yellow & Quints: Flat Armor.
Blue & Ren: Flat MR.

Helps me be a lot more tank early game which is Amumu's problem. For Rammus I would probably do the same thing, but with scaling runes. Maybe even stack health instead, as that gives you more flexibility in terms of armor/MR in game.

It depends on your playstyle. A general rule I like to use is see where you're lacking, and start with a Tier 1 test page. It's inexpensive and good for testing. Once you are satisfied you can start upgrading one at a time to Tier 3.