2700 IP to spare, tank runes anyone?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

MasqureMan

12-26-2009

Anyone have a suggestion on tank runes in general? Whats better and whats worse? I was going for Alistair and Rammus in terms of the champion.

Solo Mid Nasus

12-26-2009

Depends on how u play em. I really like Armor Pen for Alistar to help with pushing towers and farming.

RyuuKitten

12-26-2009

MR Runes, imo. Helps your early game tons against casters. Alternately stack HP.

walras

12-26-2009

I tend to not using tank runes on tanks, I usually get enough armor, health and magic resist from the items I get in the game so I use runes like mana regeneration, -%CD, armor penetration or some flat health or health regeneration if I tend to harass a lot early game.

Mr Spatula

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-28-2009

I've haven't 100% settled on a rune page for my tank, Cho'Gath, but what I do have:

YELLOW - dodge
BLUE - CD (mix static & per level)

sdjaks

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-28-2009

Yeah, I am more a fan of itemizing for tanking and runing for utility (except HP, but that's good for everyone). Not only does it make your page more versatile if you wanted to play a caster, but it helps out early game of tanks a lot. Mana/HP Regen/HP/Cooldown reduction is the way to go.

ninja

01-20-2010

I play Amumu a lot, and my rune page looks like:

Yellow & Quints: Flat Armor.
Blue & Ren: Flat MR.

Helps me be a lot more tank early game which is Amumu's problem. For Rammus I would probably do the same thing, but with scaling runes. Maybe even stack health instead, as that gives you more flexibility in terms of armor/MR in game.

It depends on your playstyle. A general rule I like to use is see where you're lacking, and start with a Tier 1 test page. It's inexpensive and good for testing. Once you are satisfied you can start upgrading one at a time to Tier 3.