I don't think Cho's Q is slowing for 3 secs

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

CBennett1212

11-21-2013

Nice catch Bro. You got Meddler on teh job. And you did it in a positive manner.
Keep letting people know what you find. A positive force in LoL.

Perhaps Riot could gift you a skin for this...

Theorchero

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-21-2013

This explains a lot.

I main Cho'gath, and maintain a 55-60% win rate with him, but it is hell to keep up with people with this mobility creep that's going on. Luckily, in low silver no one has enough brains to dodge a Rupture..

unbelievably bad

11-21-2013

no i think it was an honest mistake where slow proc'd with dmg so the knockup counted against the slow. elementary dear watson.

Draciusen

11-21-2013

Cho'Gath's range on everything should scale with his stacks, and increase when his ult levels up too.
I wouldn't mind if they cut back on some of his CC duration slightly due to that, but I think the complete lack of mobility in his kit allows for him to get some buffs.

Gespens

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-21-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Styphalian View Post
... sad but true. I only occasionally play him now. But when I do, they always have a Vayne on the other team.
Cho was still my go to top laner. I just moved to mid with Malz.

Hendstron

11-21-2013

haha, it happened with talon
then talon got nerfed

LazymanMike

11-21-2013

i think cho is at a good spot right now. i was able to 1v2 top, occasionally dealing with the jungler as well. been playing cho since season 1. (still miss force of nature...)

The Pale Mare

11-21-2013

He's in a good spot if you count the fact he has no answer to the mobility creep. Seriously he's one step from being just Mordekaiser (the guy you can just walk away from if you don't wanna fight that day).

Train Wrecks2

11-21-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meddler View Post
Ok, nice catch, turns out the tooltip and the actual slow applied have different values. The slow actually lasts for 1.5s and has been that duration at least since the Fizz patch two years ago (oldest patch I could easily check). Bare minimum we'll fix the tooltip here, will take the opportunity to talk to a few folks tomorrow and get a read on how the live balance team feel about Cho's current state too.
*Balance team looks at cho* Dat silence! Dat knock up! Dat sustain! WTF WERE YOU GUYS THINKING?!!!!

Welcome to the patch preview today we will be discussing the changes to cho gath

Cho gath's kit was an overloaded bundle of CC with a true damage ultimate. This clearly needed to be toned down...*insert around the board nerfs*

Meddler

Lead Champion Designer

11-22-2013
3 of 4 Riot Posts

Hey all, quick update on this. We've fixed the tooltip bug for the next patch, we're also talking about some possible small tweaks to Cho that we've been thinking about for a bit. Details to follow at some point, assuming those tweaks test well.