I don't think Cho's Q is slowing for 3 secs

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

OneVendetta

11-20-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meddler View Post
Ok, nice catch, turns out the tooltip and the actual slow applied have different values. The slow actually lasts for 1.5s and has been that duration at least since the Fizz patch two years ago (oldest patch I could easily check). Bare minimum we'll fix the tooltip here, will take the opportunity to talk to a few folks tomorrow and get a read on how the live balance team feel about Cho's current state too.
eww u arent diamond and u design stuff D:

Gerrikk

11-20-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brother Mouzone View Post
They're not fixing it, they're changing the tooltip to make it say 1.5 rather than 3. So Cho still be Cho.
Actually he didn't say either way. He said he would check and either have it fixed or the tooltip changed. So we'll have to wait and see.

True Axis Hero

11-20-2013

Quote:
Ok, nice catch, turns out the tooltip and the actual slow applied have different values. The slow actually lasts for 1.5s and has been that duration at least since the Fizz patch two years ago (oldest patch I could easily check). Bare minimum we'll fix the tooltip here, will take the opportunity to talk to a few folks tomorrow and get a read on how the live balance team feel about Cho's current state too.
Can you look into Volibear's Q as well, there are times when it's not flipping as it should and it really affects his gameplay.

It tends to not works when the enemy is supposed to get flipped into a wall/unpassable terrain. For reference, if you flip someone with Singed and they are supposed to land into a wall they'll just land outside of the wall but still get flipped, in Volibear's case the skill goes on cooldown but doesn't flip at all.

Salganos

11-20-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brother Mouzone View Post
This is why I post on GD asking for them to make W instant every once in a while. But GD apparently thinks it'd make Cho Op hue.
Probably wouldn't make a difference, except maybe if you silence them before the knock-up even hits.

I just think that if the target is silenced before hitting the ground, spell-casts shouldn't happen, ever, for any knock-up or similar effect.

For consistency's sake. Also stacks.

DEagleEye

11-21-2013

Quote:
The slow is long enough considering its combined with a knockup and allows for an easy application of his silence. A lot of power in cho's Q, and not obvious (not often do slows get combined with a hard CC, its either a soft CC ability or a hard one, this is both, hence, a big deal and a lot of power).

Voice 1

11-21-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by DEagleEye View Post
The slow is long enough considering its combined with a knockup and allows for an easy application of his silence. A lot of power in cho's Q, and not obvious (not often do slows get combined with a hard CC, its either a soft CC ability or a hard one, this is both, hence, a big deal and a lot of power).
You don't play Cho. Cho right now can't silence someone from blinking away after a Q unless he flashes or it's point blank. Given that he has no mobility and absolutely no answer to the infinite mobility creep of this game and Riot refuses to remove barrier from SR, I'd say no, it's not enough.

Sweagen

11-21-2013

Quote:
lmaooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo ooooooooooooo

Troy242621

11-21-2013

Given that it is a skills shot with an abundance of counterplay and that mobility has crept so much and slows don't help you stick as hard as it used to,...Could look t his silence duration, perhaps, or slow duration.

teeler swagging

11-21-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by MorganFreemanBot View Post
It's this.

The snare applies as soon as you're afflicted, not when you hit the ground. Meaning that, with no Tenacity or anything on a champ, the snare will be more like 2 / 1.5 seconds of the actual time when an enemy can move.

EDIT: Or it just has a 2 / 1.5 second duration I guess. Damn you, Meddler!

That said, please fix. ._. Cho is one of my favorite tops, but in the current mobility game it can be REALLY hard for on-hit-spikes-bruiser cho to kill anyone due to the short duration on that Q snare. :[ It's already pretty damn easy to walk out of / juke!
You aren't that smart.

G47G

11-21-2013

Quote:
I've been a Cho main for quite a while, i also felt like the slow was a bit odd. I can't believe how this "bugg" (/mistake) has not been mentioned for 2 years, I'm shocked.

Brother Mouzone thank you so much! if they increase the slow to actually 3 seconds it might be the slight buff Cho'gath needs!

I hope a response from the team will come soon, The slow duration increased would really mean a lot to me. (it means he'll be viable again)