"Hey Sona what do you think of the upcoming support changes?"

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

MercsGuardian

11-20-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henry Plainview View Post
Yeah whatever Jatt, we'll see in a week if anyone is still playing the "traditional" supports bot. I personally very much doubt it.
I will...personally hate Support Annie and Support Fiddle to hell, but Support Zyra/ Support Lux work well enough that they are ok.

Maximum Graves

11-20-2013

Guys this was supposed to be a satirical thread .. :C, just see how it plays out
~~

Lord Malpercio

11-20-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jatt View Post
I think you guys are missing the intent of the support changes, where you see AP ratio reductions and you immediately think the champion is nerfed. Take Sona for example, AP ratio reductions on her Q, and also a big hit to her Ult taking it from 0.8 to 0.5

We need to get something clear: AP is not the only way to scale a champion with gold Sona is not a mage, she is a support. She doesn't need a 0.8 AP ratio on her ultimate to be effective.

But Jatt, what am I going to do with this gold if I can't scale Sona with AP like a mage?
- Sona scales remarkably well with CDR and mana regen. The base values on her abilities are high, and the aura's she provides have ridiculous gold value. Additionally, if you can cycle your spells faster you get substantially more power chords which can make you a beast in teamfights. Also, since you're building CDR you may as well make yourself a little bit tanky. This way when a DFG Ahri comes at you, you might actually have a chance of living for more than .5 seconds.

I'm not saying that support Annie and support Zyra or support Lux who scale like traditional mages aren't going to be effective bot lane, I'm saying that traditional supports have multiple ways of scaling that don't have to include ability power and they are equally as strong. It's going to be a trade-off.

Support Annie and Support Fiddle are going to be better than before. They have AP ratios, they have more gold, they're going to do more damage. Sona and Soraka also have more gold. They get to be tankier, they get to have more CDR, and they get to have a more powerful impact thanks to their increased team utility.

I encourage you all to keep an open mind.
I play Sona as an AP mid due to her high burst and excellent poke. What about those whom ENJOY using her as a mage? You're completely taking away from the playstyle of a Lichbane Sona.

Jean Never Wins

11-20-2013

Quote:

I encourage you all to keep an open mind.
GD open? mind?

none of that round these parts

classic scumbag jatt

Mokkun

11-20-2013

@jatt I think a lot of us are going to be trying to make our favorite supports function in the new system.

We just aren't betting that they won't get completely outclassed by other things now. We are doubting that the increased utility with AP is going to help. We are doubting that increased CDR/Regen is going to help a champion that much, when it already doesn't. It's a fallacy to believe we can't get items as a support. There is also a serious disconnect when we are told "get more AP now," and then told "you don't need that AP build something else!"
You just have to sneak farm in, and be more focused with your warding. I get items regularly. They help, but they don't break my champion. Getting equal or less value out of such items does not make me that happy.

Maybe the new item changes will make up the difference. That's actually the aspect I'm hoping and praying makes the difference. Unfortunately, a lot of it just seems to exist to be the parts that give us more gold, rather than be useful with said gold.

Raury

11-20-2013

Talk about akali or diana tho

Aakesh

11-20-2013

Jatt thats load of **** and you know!

do you really believe some one pick Sona over Annie's Fiddle or Zyra BETTER CC AND DAMAGE.

if you do give me what you are smoking.

Amulet

11-20-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Malpercio View Post
I play Sona as an AP mid due to her high burst and excellent poke. What about those whom ENJOY using her as a mage? You're completely taking away from the playstyle of a Lichbane Sona.
Based on what I got from Jatt's post, they want to quash Sona in only one role. Support. No mage, no anything else.

She doesn't need a 0.8 ratio as a support, but I'll be damned if all she can do is support. A tiny little ap ratio on her E is ridiculous to her ratio nerfs. Her W base values got nerfed too wat.

Gerrikk

11-20-2013

Quote:
I think you guys are missing the intent of the support changes, where you see AP ratio reductions and...they get to be tankier, they get to have more CDR, and they get to have a more powerful impact thanks to their increased team utility.
Because Annie and Fid aren't going to be able to buy cdr with their extra gold and have increase utility as well...

Leo the yordle

11-20-2013

Quote:
Support Annie and Support Fiddle are going to be better than before. They have AP ratios, they have more gold, they're going to do more damage. Sona and Soraka also have more gold. They get to be tankier, they get to have more CDR, and they get to have a more powerful impact thanks to their increased team utility.
Because it wasn't that Annie and Fiddle were able to do a fair amount of damage already while still having good CC by way of silences/stuns and the like, right?