"Hey Sona what do you think of the upcoming support changes?"

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ding an Sich

11-20-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfynsong View Post
Let me tell you, you're seriously erring too much on the side of caution.

Also, you assume we haven't played it.

Guess what, a good number of us have PBE accounts and yes, we HAVE played it, and we're still complaining.

Season 4 is make-or-break for you guys, and I'm certainly not confident so far.
People have been saying this since pre season 1. Hardly anything has changed except Riot's become more accurate targetting specific things and getting rid of alot of nuisances. If anything is subpar, or if they have to attack fiddle/annie then they will.

This is just being over dramatic otherwise.

Corvo Cuervo

11-20-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jatt View Post
I think you guys are missing the intent of the support changes, where you see AP ratio reductions and you immediately think the champion is nerfed.
You mean my 6 Seraphs build won't work on support anymore? **** you Riot, I'm going to Gabe Newell's house.

Sun Tzu X2

11-20-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ding an Sich View Post
People have been saying this since pre season 1. Hardly anything has changed except Riot's become more accurate targetting specific things and getting rid of alot of nuisances. If anything is subpar, or if they have to attack fiddle/annie then they will.

This is just being over dramatic otherwise.
Problem is many AP champs will just drift to support role now. For instance any AP Mid with CC. SO everyone but Mordekaiser.

Leo the yordle

11-20-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleMewMew View Post
Basically you are telling us what we've been asking Riot to tell us for a while now. Cut your BS about "we encourage versatile champions" you don't. You want supports to ONLY support. So far AP Lulu may still work but I bet it wont be long before you (meaning Riot) get offended by her doing well as something other than support. AD Lulu is pretty much dead though, it's a shame how much Riot has done to force supports to only be supports while Mages like Annie, Lux, Zyra are allowed wherever they want.
AP Lulu is going to be juuust fine the way I look at it. But I'm not telling the specifics to anyone here in case they nerf it....I'd like to keep playing Lulu without having to tear my hair out as a support, thanks.

TheUltimate3

11-20-2013

I don't know. I expect traditional supports to be pushed out and Season 4 to be the rise of double AP games, but we won't know for sure until a big tournament comes along before we see any type of traditional support buffs.

That being said, I also doubt we will see traditional support buffs and we will most likely see Utility mages treated like all other supports and nerfed to planes of Oblivion.

But we shall see.

Popstar Sona

11-20-2013

Maybe Jatt is thinking more carefully about his post this time, both of his last posts seem like he didn't read it out over and over to make sure he wouldnt make an oopsie

Lord Malpercio

11-20-2013

I would definitely enjoy at least a bit of comment to AP Sona players, Jatt. Just a little bit. We do exist, you know.

Xonra

11-20-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jatt View Post
Support Annie and Support Fiddle are going to be better than before. They have AP ratios, they have more gold, they're going to do more damage.
You pretty much said what annoys me most. Annie, Fiddle, Lux, all these mages are just going to dominate the supporting role in s4 now. Why play Nami/Janna when I can play Lux? Why play Lulu when I can play Annie? Why play Soraka when I can play Fiddle?

They all three have CC, damage, and can harass and support.

Ding an Sich

11-20-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by EUW ForumAcc View Post
Silly players, always thinking a number reduction means a nerf.

Which is conveniently ~capped at Athene's + Lucidity, if you took the CDR mastery. Also solves the mana problem entirely.

Which was affordable already, although admittedly not in high elo.

Wat?
250 is sub-standard. And don't even attempt to argue that it hits two people, other AoE abilities potentially hit 5 people with a higher base damage.

The other abilities aren't looking much better. The heal is a manasink with the effectivity of a health potion unless you're healing two people and her E doesn't HAVE a base value. 150-300 damage on ult also is nothing outstanding.

What on earth are you comparing her to? Even if I divide the base stats by cooldown, they're fairly mediocre.

And here's the reason for that, you say it yourself:

Good thing to know large portions of her power budget are eaten by invisible power.

Oh, and she already has those auras. That's nothing new. Don't bring them up if you compare new to old Sona.

How about just picking Annie and DFGbursting that Ahri into oblivion myself...?

Sounds a bit more appealing to me than "have a chance to live for a bit more than 0.5 seconds".

I already do that. It's the REASON why I'm so incredibly, uhm...how should I put it...dumbfounded?

Sorry for "dissecting" your post, but cynical remarks are best made on a "per sentence" basis, rather than an entire post.
This is hardly open minded. It's like that south park episode where Mrs. Garrison meets Richard Dawkins. You say one thing, bu every manner to which you communicate is hostile or overly exaggerated. Stop being dramatic. If things need to be fixed they will be, this is no different then the other three seasons. Look long term, not short term emotional.

Also an open minded post would still have dissent in it, but more along the lines of: "I'll try this out for the next week, but I still have concerns of the power budgets of xyz. If my fears are confirmed then I have no doubt it will show in the playbase across all elo's, and even more I think these problems are from (insert ideas and opinions)."

You're is just insults and conjecture based on anecdotal feelings.

The Ultimator

11-20-2013

Riot on Zyra and Annie bot lane: They are versatile champions

Riot on traditional supports like Sona: They belong in bot lane only