Bye Bye Supports

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

GalaxyHeroRumble

11-21-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by EffectFX View Post
They BARELY nerfed supports. Supports now get more gold. Supports now can buy more items. What's the problem? Riot has already stated that should they feel they overnerfed anyone they'll work on it next patch. That's the reason for the preseason. So they can make radical changes like this. Don't like it? Go play something else.
I agree but too bad the forum zombies will all mass downvote anyone who makes sense >.<

Supports are for their utility and auras, not so much their damage.

topgunLT1

11-21-2013

What i dont get is y do these normal players need to wait for the pro players to do something like playing with annie,fiddle etc as support before these normal players would accept them. This is y the Europeans (not all of them) and American (not all of them) gameplay logic differs a lot from asian gamers. I played manybut not all) varieties of support the moment i came to LOL for WC3 DotA since it was obvious that there will be certain chamapions in LOL too who will have certain type of level based scaling or utility skills that dont rely on items to help them scale. So gold income was not important but LvLing up was. If a player can truly understand(even i dont know all of them) the difference between each champions to the minute statistics only then can they truly grasp LOL or any competitive game.

As for pre-season 4 changes, i'm totally excited cause whole new set of mechanics r introduced that will make it way different than before. Support scaling, assist spree along with new gold income items now gives a whole new respect for support class champions

IS11d6327cb35cafc124891

11-21-2013

ahah lmao rofl.

This thread is epic.

Expect mass nerf of mage during preseason. say byebye to leblanc, malzahar, xerath, brand, lux, zigg, morgana, syndra, nami, nidalee, lissandra, anivia, zilean, katarina hehehe

Yangpoo

11-21-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by IS11d6327cb35cafc124891 View Post
ahah lmao rofl.

This thread is epic.

Expect mass nerf of mage during preseason. say byebye to leblanc, malzahar, xerath, brand, lux, zigg, morgana, syndra, nami, nidalee, lissandra, anivia, zilean, katarina hehehe
You think it can go through 100 pages?

IS11d6327cb35cafc124891

11-21-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yangpoo View Post
You think it can go through 100 pages?
If morello post more answer yes.

Red Ryu

11-21-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stampede EU View Post
Oh please. Scimitar is exclusively a "I have too much gold, nothing else left to build and QSS in my inventory already" item. And QSS itself is already a highly situational pick when there's likes of GA and Banshees around.
Situation but still built, key difference there.

March of Dimes

11-21-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramachese View Post
I have never understood GD when it comes to pre-season changes. This same exact thing happens (albeit focused on differing subjects) every year.
Almost everywhere else in life, if concerns are raised while planning something, you generally address those concerns before you release the finished product (and, yes, for the next while, this patch IS the finished product). We can get off topic and debate the validity of various examples, but the point is that you generally shouldn't plan on needing to fix something. You know, "a stitch in time saves nine" or "an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of the cure"... it's generally better to not break it in the first place.

Also, appealing to the precedent of this happening each year doesn't really help your case. People complained last year? Well, we got "league of X" for a majority of the season (just switch which "X" you're referring to based on the time of year). Riot's history with catching problems in time isn't exactly encouraging.

Best Syndra East

11-21-2013

Honestly, things were fine how they were in my personal opinion. Every season things change, I feel like it'll be the downfall of LoL in the long run.

Benadryl Jackson

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-21-2013

The funny thing is, AP mids like Fiddle, Zyra, and Annie were ALREADY outperforming traditional supports. After this patch, there is no reason to play a traditional support anymore.

Ntencti

11-21-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benadryl Jackson View Post
The funny thing is, AP mids like Fiddle, Zyra, and Annie were ALREADY outperforming traditional supports. After this patch, there is no reason to play a traditional support anymore.
Morello's point is that supports arent meant to be mages and that their damage shouldnt be high, but what I dont understand is how is that possible when you allow mid ap to be viable in bot and they out perform other supports in damage something traditional supports cant do and which is a much more useful resource then some measly scaling off any traditional support ability, atleast as of now its official, the supports have been gutted further in S4 and Morello wont admit it.