Bye Bye Supports

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Nimir Rah

11-20-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teracide View Post
There is no bigger picture. Your "bigger picture" is just how it looks in your head, but you're too blind to see that your head is wrong.

The truth of the matter is this: Supports are going to have a ton more gold now. Enough gold to build actual items, and have an actual impact on how the game plays out (this is great news).

(This is where it gets bad.) With supports having the ability to build actual items now, Riot saw fit to nerf the damage ratios of actual support champs to the ground, so that they wouldn't be too powerful now that they have AP items. What Riot didn't take into account, is that a few actual AP mages are starting to find popularity as supports. This nerf didn't touch them whatsoever. So now, not only will people definitely be playing AP mages as support due to them receiving no nerf whatsoever, but they'll also be able to build actual AP items, making them FAR more impactful late-game than a support champ that can just slow you for 3 seconds.
Unfortunately I think Riot DID take this into account, which is why the decisions bother me so much. I spent tonight enjoying what little of the traditional supports I could before this patch could come through. It felt as if this was their attempt at making the support role more appealing to the majority of the community that didn't understand the role to begin with. Now they can play mages that can melt the enemy ADC in a satisfactory way, provide some utility, and if need be secure a kill.

I don't like the changes but I can't do anything about them other than conform to what's being shoved in my face. At least that's how it honestly feels. The vision changes, the changes to supports, all of it is horrible. But it feels like I'm shouting at a wall; none of it matters.

WalfasWolf

11-20-2013

People be raging because they don't like change,

Get out your arts and crafts kits kids and start making some new strategies for once instead of building the same **** you do every 30 games you play.

The meta isn't going to sit in stone for 300 years like some arcance tablet locked away in an underground vault like all of you want it too just because you don't want to be bothered with experimenting with new strategies cause most of the people in here are probably angry silver, bronze and goldies.

I'm a silver 1 and you don't see me flipping my **** through the roof over some intresting changes.

Axium

11-20-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by WOLF TAMAMO View Post
it's simple.

When annie and other odd ap supports get too popular They'll get nerfed too **** to compensate for it.

Then midlaners and supports alike won't have to deal with a 3 second fear from fiddle or annie and her notorious Flash>Tibbers initiate.
See, that's where a huge issue arises. If we start to see AP mid champs getting nerfed due to their power as supports, that's gamebreaking.

Something's gotta give here. Either AP mid champs are going to get nerfed to the point of no longer being viable as solo-laners, or support champs are going to be pushed out of the meta by AP champs. You can't have the best of both worlds. Morello realized that, that's why he stopped posting. There's a good chance he's going to bring this to attention before pre-season ends. In fact, I'd say "count on it".

Yuanchosaan

11-20-2013

As a support player, I am excited for these changes. Of course seeing one's damage ratios go down is disappointing, but I'm willing to see how they turn out first. They will doubtless be a great deal of tuning in the near future.

One thing does confuse me a great deal, though. Many utility mages can be used as a support, and that's fine and dandy. Some of them, like Fiddles and Orianna, have that listed as a secondary attribute. However, the changes strongly discourage main supports from being played as utility mages, despite them having "mage" listed as a secondary attribute. I think many people are upset due to this perceived unfairness in diversity of roles.

Making the roles clearer would definitely help. Supports should be the best at what they're doing, whilst utility mages should be able to do both supporting and bursting - but less effectively than the roles devoted to those aspects specifically. I do think that's what Riot are aiming for with the utility focus and damage scaling reduction - but it's very difficult to see that when only support AP ratios have been nerfed, in the context of strong utility mage supports this season.

hartar

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-20-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morello View Post
Don't want to scale CC with AP at all. Might be tough for a couple characters (though they likely just scale better on HP/CDR).
But arent you guys doint exact that too Lulu,in her slow?

Tesla23

11-20-2013

tl dr

qq

Axium

11-20-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by WOLF TAMAMO View Post
People be raging because they don't like change,

Get out your arts and crafts kits kids and start making some new strategies for once instead of building the same **** you do every 30 games you play.

The meta isn't going to sit in stone for 300 years like some arcance tablet locked away in an underground vault like all of you want it too just because you don't want to be bothered with experimenting with new strategies cause most of the people in here are probably angry silver, bronze and goldies.

I'm a silver 1 and you don't see me flipping my **** through the roof over some intresting changes.
You, for some reason, see it as people resisting change. The REAL reason people are angry, is because if this isn't addressed, it's the literal death of support champs.

Hellioning

11-20-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teracide View Post
See, that's where a huge issue arises. If we start to see AP mid champs getting nerfed due to their power as supports, that's gamebreaking.

Something's gotta give here. Either AP mid champs are going to get nerfed to the point of no longer being viable as solo-laners, or support champs are going to be pushed out of the meta by AP champs. You can't have the best of both worlds. Morello realized that, that's why he stopped posting. There's a good chance he's going to bring this to attention before pre-season ends. In fact, I'd say "count on it".
There is option three. Buff supports to the level of current utility mages/bruisers.

Of course, Riot doesn't want to do that. Why, I'm not sure, but I think it's because it involves buffing supports.

WalfasWolf

11-20-2013

Morello stopped posting cause he's probably tired of dealing with a hoarde of angry kids repeating themselves over and over again about " OH YOU NERFED MY SONA GTFO RIOT "

Oh no they nerfed the no brainer support's ability to spam people out of lane that's basically a floating Aura outside of her one skillshot being her ult.

Don't like it, go play alistar they didn't do **** to him and he's go twice the peel and cc of a sona.

Downvote me sona mains, your choice of support is **** and requires you to smash your faces on your keyboards to do your jobs correctly

#RISEOFALISTAR

and a mini malphite ult if you're not **** with him and can actually do the W>Q headbutt pulverize combo.

cooldude3131

11-20-2013

Imbue
Cooldown reduction on auto attacks removed (moved to passive)
Base cooldown lowered to 18 / 17 / 16 / 15 / 14 (from from 20 / 19 / 18 / 17 / 16)
AP ratio lowered to 0.3 (from 0.6)
Now scales with 5% of Taric's Bonus Health

base cd lowered? ya ill take that scales with 5% bonus hp ya ill take that **** to

NEW Passive - Salvation
NEW: Soraka's health and mana restoring abilities are 1% more effective for each 2% health or mana the target is missing

lol this should be fun for those life saving heals lmao thats awesome take that **** to