Bye Bye Supports

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

WalfasWolf

11-20-2013

The whole point is that Riot is trying to make it more intresting to play supports.

They're trying to make it so playing support actually makes you have to think of how you're using your items' actives.

will some mages see a little bit more action in the bot lane? yes probably.

will supports completely die off like the plague just came swooping by and killed them all off? No, never.

Personally, I ****ing hated support because too me it was just a game of sitting in a bush as alistar playing with my dick for 12~16 minutes waiting for the enemy support or adc to step out of position for a W>Q - Q>W back combo while praying to god my adc actually followed up on it in solo q and keeping the Tri bush and ramp too the purple side blue warded.

Then i heard about all these new items with these amazing actives and these trinkets that actually let me walk around with a tiny Claivoyance that can mean the difference between someone on your team throwing the game by face checking an unwarded bush or catching the enemy doing the same thing in the area you scan.

And I thought too myself, for the first time in this game, "Holy ****, Supports get to actually micro manage item actives instead of sitting in a bush and zoning the enemy bot lane for the first 13~16 minutes of the game.

like i said previously. Everyone is looking at stats and not the bigger picture, Which are all the new items and trinkets and the new utility tree that actually has some intresting things in it.

Everyone is complaining that " oh they killed supports gg riot gtfo pls " because they're not looking at the big picture.

while people like me who honest to god did not like supporting, are actually becoming INTRESTED in supporting with these changes because they get to Micro-Manage items instead of just sitting in a bush as leona or someone of that killing nature and hoping that, that enemy caitlyn is stupid enough to step out of line just close enough to get caught with a Zenith blade.

So i don't see the problem with a couple tiny nerfs here and there when the supports get to actually impact a game heavily with items like the clairvoyance trinket and all the new actives on new items that can save an adc's ass like nobodies' buisness :r

OMG halp meh plz

11-20-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morello View Post
Don't want to scale CC with AP at all. Might be tough for a couple characters (though they likely just scale better on HP/CDR).

And why the **** not?

This makes absolutely no ****ing sense. You nerf support damage into the ground, forcing them into a duo lane, and say "yeah well they're SUPPORTS, they're not supposed to deal damage."

Okay fine, I understand that. Everyone understands that. However, we were constantly told they'd receive utility scaling, which they're NOT GETTING, or the scaling is so pitiful it might as well not even be there.

Soraka for example:
- NERFED MR shred (600 AP required to reach previous status)
- NERFED armor buff duration (buffed scaling, wow such armor)
- NERFED healing unless ally health <40%
- Starcall damage buff REMOVED
- NERFED Magic Resistance (passive replaced)
- NERFED Infuse damage severely

Tell me, what part of this **** isn't a nerf? Where is this so called scaling utlity? You keep saying Soraka's heals are toxic, and then you nerf almost every other part of her kit ALONG WITH the healing.

WalfasWolf

11-20-2013

Also i'm sorry but you people need to stop downvoting all these comments that are siding with riot's decisions just because you all don't want to look at the bigger picture of things.

I'm going through all these pages and seeing all the valid arguements downvoted by ragers that are siding with the OP of the thread and it's just childish, i'm trying to read valid arguements and they've all got 1-6 downvotes.

Sadistic Lulu

11-20-2013

all i've been reading was "oh we nerfed the ratios because we are too scared to see them becoming too OP, therefore replacing ap mids botlane".

the changes aren't really buffs, or even changes. like what many people mentioned earlier, why pick sona when you can pick nidalee botlane? sure, supports shouldn't deal too much damage, but their "buffing" their utility still won't make themselves more favorable in terms of supporting compared to utility mages.
for utility mages? damage? check. utility? check.
for supports? damage? well... nor really. utility? check.

don't believe me? i even tried an experiment before. no matter how much ap you build as lulu solo mid, she can't even do as much damage as how a typical zyra support would. now with more nerfed damage and "buffed" utility, supports like lulu would become even more useless.

ideally, the utility effectiveness should be like this: supports > utility mages > burst mages (i'm looking at you annie)
and the damage effectiveness should be the other way around. however, people would end up favoring utility mages > burst mages > supports, because currently, it's damage that's more effective throughout the game.

and what about your so-called beliefs of "variety" in game? how come ap mids going mid AND bot support is acceptable in terms of balance, and supports going anywhere not bot support else isn't? buffing utility and nerfing damage would cripple them into the support role even more, thus making them more heavily outclassed by ap mids going support.

something to think about... is to compensate these support "nerfs". i mean, that's what's preseason should be ALL ABOUT. that also means there should be more frequent changes.

and downvotes incoming. or not.

Tadidam

11-20-2013

Morello how about Dominion ? Those changes looks they *could¨work in Summoner rift with the new itemization but on the Crysta scar ? You are essentially nerfing to the ground a bunch of perfectly good and balanced characters.

Axium

11-20-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by WOLF TAMAMO View Post
Also i'm sorry but you people need to stop downvoting all these comments that are siding with riot's decisions just because you all don't want to look at the bigger picture of things.

I'm going through all these pages and seeing all the valid arguements downvoted by ragers that are siding with the OP of the thread and it's just childish, i'm trying to read valid arguements and they've all got 1-6 downvotes.
There is no bigger picture. Your "bigger picture" is just how it looks in your head, but you're too blind to see that your head is wrong.

The truth of the matter is this: Supports are going to have a ton more gold now. Enough gold to build actual items, and have an actual impact on how the game plays out (this is great news).

(This is where it gets bad.) With supports having the ability to build actual items now, Riot saw fit to nerf the damage ratios of actual support champs to the ground, so that they wouldn't be too powerful now that they have AP items. What Riot didn't take into account, is that a few actual AP mages are starting to find popularity as supports. This nerf didn't touch them whatsoever. So now, not only will people definitely be playing AP mages as support due to them receiving no nerf whatsoever, but they'll also be able to build actual AP items, making them FAR more impactful late-game than a support champ that can just slow you for 3 seconds.

WalfasWolf

11-20-2013

Even morello is getting downvoted to tears by all these ladies that forgot their tampons tonight lol.

People don't seem to understand that riot is trying to make you support mains something more that Ward *****es(which he even said)

Put your linching kits away and wait for the patch to actually hit before you sit around furiously smashing your dicks on your keyboards in an Endless Rage Endless Rage Endless Rage Endless Rage Endless Rage Endless Rage Endless Rage Endless Rage Endless Rage Endless Rage.

Then and ONLY THEN If supports turn out to have actually gone to **** may you rage about your supports being " oh so swept away and replaced by overlords Annie and Fiddle. "

nillthium

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-20-2013

veigar mains going to be happy with the support changes....
(easier to burst supports....)

W0lfMan26

11-20-2013

I main support. I really don't know how to feel about these changes. Honestly we are always the odd man out. If you have a good adc it can be very enjoyable but other than that it can be a drag.

WalfasWolf

11-20-2013

it's simple.

When annie and other odd ap supports get too popular They'll get nerfed too **** to compensate for it.

Then midlaners and supports alike won't have to deal with a 3 second fear from fiddle or annie and her notorious Flash>Tibbers initiate.