Bye Bye Supports

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

WalfasWolf

11-20-2013

I don't know about you guys but I want that new soraka passive.

People complaining cause they refuse to understand that scaling utility gives more of a reason
to build severly under used items like the Ohmwrecker and other Ap giving utility items.

Not to mention supports basically get all the trinkets which are

A) Free wards
B) Free Anti-Stealth/Invisible trap items (Yes teemo i'm looking at you and your mushrooms)
C) A free clairvoyance that when the item is maxed out, Exceeds the range of Zac's slingshot maxed out

You're all so busy complaining about " OH I CAN'T POKE WITH SONA AS HARD ANYMORE >:c "
that you're not looking at all these new items like this for example

NEW: Frost Queen's Claim

Recipe: Frostfang + Amplifying Tome + 715 Gold (Total 2000 gold)
+50 Ability Power
+10 Mana Regen per 5 seconds
+4 Gold per 10 seconds
UNIQUE Passive Tribute: Spells and basic attacks against champions grant 8 Gold, up to once every 10 seconds per enemy. Killing a minion disables this passive for 10 seconds.
UNIQUE Active Arctic Embrace: Chills target enemy champion and all nearby enemies, dealing 50 magic damage and reducing Movement Speed by 50% for 2 seconds (60 second cooldown.)

Free 8 gold for one auto attack every 10 seconds? and a Mini-Wither(minus the attack speed debuff) for an active?

Riot sign me up please so I can have that active on someone like soraka to make up for her lack of cc
while spitting in the face of teemos that shroom one area in mass instead of scattering them for mass amounts of gold for breaking them please.

People need to look at the bigger picture instead of *****ing about stats, the stats of some supports got lowered to compensate for all this new **** they added,

If they didn't lower the base heal on soraka she'd be rediculous now because she heals more based on %missing health not just healing anymore

Hell if anything i'll be stacking health giving utility items on soraka just for this item

NEW: Face of the Mountain

Recipe: Targon's Brace + Ruby Crystal + 675 Gold (Total 2000 Gold)
+375 Health
+10% Cooldown Reduction
+25 Health Regen per 5 seconds
UNIQUE Passive - Spoils of War: Basic attacks execute minions below 200 Health. Killing a minion heals the nearest allied champion for 2% of your maximum Health and grants them the bounty plus 10 Gold
These effects require a nearby allied champion. Recharges every 30 seconds. Max 4 charges.
UNIQUE Active - Deadly Phalanx: Consumes 20% of your current Health to shield target ally for 10% of your maximum Health for 4 seconds. After 4 seconds, the target explodes dealing 10% of your maximum Health as AoE magic damage (60 second cooldown)

Tanky soraka able to shield someone for 20% of her max health to give them a shield based on 10% of your max health that explodes like a sion shield afterwards?

Yes please Riot. keep on trucking and ignore the wave of sissies that can't look passed the stats of their champs to look at the bigger picture.

LightEcho

11-20-2013

My only question is why did this change take so long?
why didn't this happen last season?
It never occurred to you that maybe supports shouldn't be defined by being strong early and weak late?
Or was it simply not a priority? If so why not?

Axium

11-20-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by WOLF TAMAMO View Post
I don't know about you guys but I want that new soraka passive.

People complaining cause they refuse to understand that scaling utility gives more of a reason
to build severly under used items like the Ohmwrecker and other Ap giving utility items.

Not to mention supports basically get all the trinkets which are

A) Free wards
B) Free Anti-Stealth/Invisible trap items (Yes teemo i'm looking at you and your mushrooms)
C) A free clairvoyance that when the item is maxed out, Exceeds the range of Zac's slingshot maxed out

You're all so busy complaining about " OH I CAN'T POKE WITH SONA AS HARD ANYMORE >:c "
that you're not looking at all these new items like this for example

NEW: Frost Queen's Claim

Recipe: Frostfang + Amplifying Tome + 715 Gold (Total 2000 gold)
+50 Ability Power
+10 Mana Regen per 5 seconds
+4 Gold per 10 seconds
UNIQUE Passive Tribute: Spells and basic attacks against champions grant 8 Gold, up to once every 10 seconds per enemy. Killing a minion disables this passive for 10 seconds.
UNIQUE Active Arctic Embrace: Chills target enemy champion and all nearby enemies, dealing 50 magic damage and reducing Movement Speed by 50% for 2 seconds (60 second cooldown.)

Free 8 gold for one auto attack every 10 seconds? and a Mini-Wither(minus the attack speed debuff) for an active?

Riot sign me up please so I can have that active on someone like soraka to make up for her lack of cc
while spitting in the face of teemos that shroom one area in mass instead of scattering them for mass amounts of gold for breaking them please.

People need to look at the bigger picture instead of *****ing about stats, the stats of some supports got lowered to compensate for all this new **** they added,

If they didn't lower the base heal on soraka she'd be rediculous now because she heals more based on %missing health not just healing anymore

Hell if anything i'll be stacking health giving utility items on soraka just for this item

NEW: Face of the Mountain

Recipe: Targon's Brace + Ruby Crystal + 675 Gold (Total 2000 Gold)
+375 Health
+10% Cooldown Reduction
+25 Health Regen per 5 seconds
UNIQUE Passive - Spoils of War: Basic attacks execute minions below 200 Health. Killing a minion heals the nearest allied champion for 2% of your maximum Health and grants them the bounty plus 10 Gold
These effects require a nearby allied champion. Recharges every 30 seconds. Max 4 charges.
UNIQUE Active - Deadly Phalanx: Consumes 20% of your current Health to shield target ally for 10% of your maximum Health for 4 seconds. After 4 seconds, the target explodes dealing 10% of your maximum Health as AoE magic damage (60 second cooldown)

Tanky soraka able to shield someone for 20% of her max health to give them a shield based on 10% of your max health that explodes like a sion shield afterwards?

Yes please Riot. keep on trucking and ignore the wave of sissies that can't look passed the stats of their champs to look at the bigger picture.
Or you can go bot with Fiddlesticks, already have a 3-second CC (no AP required), build a Rabadon's with all that free gold you're getting, then fear+crowstorm onto the enemy ADC to win bottom lane.

PedestrianA

11-20-2013

I will never buy AP on a Soraka before I can get more than half of the numbers effective, just remove her from the solo q what so ever.

WalfasWolf

11-20-2013

Can you imagen if sona still had all her poke damage along with Moderate ap scaling along with the active on frost queen's claim and the ability to shield someone with both the Face of the mountain and Locket active?

Yeah have fun trying to get through all those shields while she's floating around giving armor with her defense aura + Locket defense aura and those Two shields while you're also stunned and getting hit by a sona building roughly 60-100 ap off all the new items.

Tenant

Friend of Urf

11-20-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by xProR2D2x View Post
Actually, Yes. That's the only way for supports to see competitive play.

Moreover, they will see even more play in non-competitive as well, because the truth is, nobody wants to play with a champion that relies so much in its teammates to do the damage, specially in Solo-que where your teammates are strangers.
Don't use the word "nobody" like that. There are those that really do enjoy a supportive-playstyle.

I've played an extremely few amount of support games myself, but one match I played as Lulu a long while back taught me that support can be extremely; that game, I basically coddled my Skarner's nuts. Shields, speed boosts, Wild Growths; it all made his job of going in, grabbing people, and wailing on them endlessly so much easier that he basically told me that he loved me. That's a different kind of satisfaction I felt than what I feel when I jungle (main role).

Personally, that match alone proves for myself that differentiating mages from supports, by any means, is absolutely worth it. I expect the preseason to be bumpy, but I think Riot's goals with this will be worth it.

Axium

11-20-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by WOLF TAMAMO View Post
Can you imagen if sona still had all her poke damage along with Moderate ap scaling along with the active on frost queen's claim and the ability to shield someone with both the Face of the mountain and Locket active?

Yeah have fun trying to get through all those shields while she's floating around giving armor with her defense aura + Locket defense aura and those Two shields while you're also stunned and getting hit by a sona building roughly 60-100 ap off all the new items.
No I can't. You're only allowed to build one of the new support items.

Iron Nick

11-20-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morello View Post
So you want all supports to turn into mages? Because that's what damage on these characters makes (and then you just nuke with them like AP mids).
Well it's very simple really.

The main concern is that mages are invading the support role, while supports which were already very situational sololaners now get their damage nerfed, so they're forced into the support role more than ever.
Either you allow the supports to be viable mages too, or you reduce the mages' utility to make them inefficient as support. Right now they have slightly less utility (because honestly, a Tibbers stun is well worth a crescendo, and Fiddle's CC is on par with the best CC supports in the game), but so much more burst damage, and you're allowing them to get multiple items on top of that.

Axium

11-21-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Nick View Post
Well it's very simple really.

The main concern is that mages are invading the support role, while supports which were already very situational sololaners now get their damage nerfed, so they're forced into the support role more than ever.
Either you allow the supports to be viable mages too, or you reduce the mages' utility to make them inefficient as support. Right now they have slightly less utility (because honestly, a Tibbers stun is well worth a crescendo, and Fiddle's CC is on par with the best CC supports in the game), but so much more burst damage, and you're allowing them to get multiple items on top of that.
This is pretty much it. Unless they put up some magical forcefield that prevents any champs other than supports and ADCs from going bot, CC mages are going to push support champs out of the meta.

nillthium

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-21-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morello View Post

If you want to do big damage, then I actually don't understand why you are playing a support character.
cause you are last pick qq