Bye Bye Supports

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Baconstr1pz

11-20-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neurosurgeonwolf View Post
Can't take criticism?

This patch is smashing the single most avoided and hated role in LOL. Absolutely hindering it and making it even LESS appealing- and that was barely possible.

This is ridiculous!
yea if i have to support now i'll dodge not playing a useless role

EffectFX

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-20-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Epsi View Post
Im not sure but 10% and 20% scaling
Tiny. Nerfs.

hi im alec

11-20-2013

Only you.

Epsi

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-20-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by EffectFX View Post
Tiny. Nerfs.
It seems we have different opinions on Tiny nerfs. Maybe if you had godlike ratios already, but supports dont.

Xhandel

11-20-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by EffectFX View Post
They BARELY nerfed supports. Supports now get more gold. Supports now can buy more items. What's the problem? Riot has already stated that should they feel they overnerfed anyone they'll work on it next patch. That's the reason for the preseason. So they can make radical changes like this. Don't like it? Go play something else.
then youre telling us that after ruby sighstone you will rush hat over the other support items every game, right?

as i see those things, the support role will be the same unfun thing everyone wants to avoid, but worst, you will be able to get more items, but you will do 0 damage and you will die as fast as today, that unfun situation when you face an opponent with <10% health and youre >80%, and no matter how many items you have your opponent kills you and flee is still present in this patch.

Firellius

11-20-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by JevelFaithful View Post
If it's true, they'll just buff them back up a bit.

Don't hold your breath.

JevelFaithful

11-20-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firellius View Post
Don't hold your breath.
Most of the time they have either done it, or we realised they were right (or close to) all along (or they came back to the spotlight eventually). Only a few times they actually destroyed a champ and never looked at it again (I can only remember eve, heimer and sion that they really didn't know what to do. And they did remake 2 of them, the 3rd one is in line)

So yeah I'll hold my breath. Sole question is, will the game live long enough.

Neurosurgeonwolf

11-20-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Epsi View Post
Sorry they hammered support's ap ratios across the board. At the end of season 3 we already saw mages shoving supports out of their role. Now that supports have their ap ratios gutted we will see more of the same. Sure we get gold now, but are supports REALLY going to spend all the gold on ap just to get to the power levels they were before? No. Whats going to happen is we will see utility mages in the bot lane and traditional supports rarely used. Why would anyone pick a champ that now gets a speed buff or slow (that is being effected by the soft cap) without damage, when you can pick a utility mage that brings damage and comparable utility.
This is exactly how I feel.

More gold? Take someone that can benefit rather than these glorified "supports". They are now archaic and belong in a dumpster after this series of widespread nerfs.

Knight of Virtue

11-20-2013

I think people are missing the issue that it's not that supports won't be useful, but rather that compared to other champions supports just aren't as viable picks. Why pick Sona support when you can pick Annie, do 3-4x the damage, and can stun multiple times in a fight? Previously it was because supports did practically 0 dmg (3-4x 0 dmg is 0 ), but now that supports can get ok gold, there is no reason to not pick more damage heavy supports that still have CC over a support that has less CC and less damage (oh sure you can now shield someone for like 300 damage with your support shield, but the enemy AP caster support can hit that shield with a 1500+ damage combo).

It's not so much that support focused champions are useless, just that they use the extra gold less effectively than most AP nukers who have comparable (or in some cases better) CC.

MaIevoIent

11-20-2013

Its not a big deal.

Supports arent really supposed to do damage anyway. Thats the AD carries job. The supports only purpose is to bring useful utility and wards. Supports if the support is stacking AP, they should be getting more wards.