Bye Bye Supports

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

KiyoSpirit

11-20-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by BanditBandito View Post
It dosen't matter im glad there getting rid of it, its a boring role and should be taken out anyways, any champ with cc is pretty much viable bot lane anyways. Especially alot of apc who go supp.
Except Riot isn't actually getting rid of the role.

Yezarul

11-20-2013

How about the fact that movement speed is capped at 220 minimum.

Who cares if you slow a 400 movement speed champ by 80%. You are only able to get just shy of 50% out of it.

Sincarnation

11-20-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teracide View Post
Build 200 AP on a Support champ just so they can do what they currently do, or build 200 AP on a CC mage and win a teamfight? Seems like an easy pick to me.
This is incorrect 200AP might give you the same damage as current supports but it will give more utility that they had before which can be much more useful than some CC mages depending on the situation.

Aakesh

11-20-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiyoSpirit View Post
Except Riot isn't actually getting rid of the role.
The champs who were made for this Role are dead or slowly dieing slow and painful death as Ap mages take there spot and do better JOB AT IT TO!

>S4 is totally the season of supports guys!

>Every single support is nerffed to oblivion literally becoming CC *****s more so than any other season

TEEAHMAT TOOSDEY

11-20-2013

As a support main I enjoy the changes. I am 100% convinced most of the people QQ'ing don't support often, or don't support "well" by S3 definition (I.e. spamming wards).

Worzilla

11-20-2013

I have a sort of problem with all the talk about nerfing of supports and supports having more gold now and thus more AP items to deal damage. Wouldn't this pull champs like Nidalee (Heals/Q Poke), Lux, Zyra, Fiddle, and Zilian into the front?

Zilian having no AP is pretty worthless and the global he gives is decent but nothing to bring just for. Now he can build AP and truly hurt you with .9 ratios and 2.0 ratio'd ult. With decent items he can pull ahead of the pack since his ult will heal for massive amounts and the Q poke will do pretty good damage while giving the ward coverage the other "Supports" Bring.

Also, is there any fear/plan in case of Duo AP Mid's becoming viable due to the support items? Has it been brought up to make the GP10 items, Support class only?

RoosterSlap

11-20-2013

S4 is definitely the season to support.. With non-support champions.

Lol @ the irony

NightFire666

11-20-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEEAHMAT TOOSDEY View Post
As a support main I enjoy the changes. I am 100% convinced most of the people QQ'ing don't support often, or don't support "well" by S3 definition (I.e. spamming wards).

Well see thats cause we know how to play and not waste gold on the wards and get a Sightstone instead + 2 or 3 pinks.

ChairJockey

11-20-2013

honestly i dont see any problems with going the other way and turning supports into full blown utility mages.

oh well at least they gave leona a buff, since shes the only "support" i have any fun playing

Wayward Son

11-20-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sincarnation View Post
This is incorrect 200AP might give you the same damage as current supports but it will give more utility that they had before which can be much more useful than some CC mages depending on the situation.
yes my 70% slow is now a 85% slow. to bad movement speed has a minimum cap so anything over 65% slows for the same amount