Bye Bye Supports

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ProletariatFlame

11-20-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soraka Goes Mid View Post
Dear OP: You're a complete idiot.

You're complaining that supports are receiving nerfs to AP scaling. But you haven't tested these on the PBE at all. If you get 300 AP on Lulu now, her W now gives allies a 60% speed boost. At RANK 1. That's a RIDICULOUS speed boost. And you complain that supports shouldn't be buying anything but Sightstone, but that's because you're stuck in the season 3 mindset. Buying only Sightstone is the thing people hated the most about support. Now, supports get more gold. A LOT more gold. And you don't have to spend all your money on wards and oracles, because of the 3 ward limit and trinkets. You can actually get a full build as support by 40 minutes, just like any other champion.

So supports are much stronger now than before, basically.
Perhaps I need to dust off my Lulu 0.0

Diamond Song

11-20-2013

Pls i must git pro nami.

how i nami. zzz i dont feel like tryn hard...hmmm pick nami

PEW PEW Q, zzz missed again rats, git er next time bro xD carry me pls kthx buy yer own wards.

Concern Doge

11-20-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neurosurgeonwolf View Post
AP mids are now going to replace these nerfed pieces of junk. What support even rushes AP instead of sightstone or a support item? And they scale SOOOOOO BADLY.

This is a horrific patch for supports.

Yeah, lets make the SINGLE MOST UNAPPEALING ROLE even more unappealing? ARE YOU JOKING ME?

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/node/8667
Or its giving you more support options?

PaulTheMerc

11-20-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by EffectFX View Post
They BARELY nerfed supports. Supports now get more gold. Supports now can buy more items. What's the problem? Riot has already stated that should they feel they overnerfed anyone they'll work on it next patch. That's the reason for the preseason. So they can make radical changes like this. Don't like it? Go play something else.
in return sona now has a 0.04, 0.02 and 0.2 ratios :/ AWSOME

Alois Cupcakes

11-20-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soraka Goes Mid View Post
Dear OP: You're a complete idiot.

You're complaining that supports are receiving nerfs to AP scaling. But you haven't tested these on the PBE at all. If you get 300 AP on Lulu now, her W now gives allies a 60% speed boost. At RANK 1. That's a RIDICULOUS speed boost. And you complain that supports shouldn't be buying anything but Sightstone, but that's because you're stuck in the season 3 mindset. Buying only Sightstone is the thing people hated the most about support. Now, supports get more gold. A LOT more gold. And you don't have to spend all your money on wards and oracles, because of the 3 ward limit and trinkets. You can actually get a full build as support by 40 minutes, just like any other champion.

So supports are much stronger now than before, basically.

This :3

Lajinn5

11-20-2013

R.I.P in peace AP Bruiser Taric, I will miss you

AlonneKnight

Recruiter

11-20-2013

I shall make support Xerath a thing if it tanks me to bronze.

mertatron

11-20-2013

some supports .. like nami seem good .. they nerfed the ratio but added other stuffs

for other champs .. there's a lot of nerfs.

sona got hit a bit .. not that much though .. but she is strong so it's hard to tell if justified
janna got mostly nerfed on howling gale ... for the rest base value was lowered .. she needs 200 AP to reach her S3 values (for her ms boost .. but since passive ms boost increased ... she doesn't get hit too hard)
lulu lost a bit but she comes back quickly .. her MS boost need 50 AP to reach her old lvl and need 160 AP at lvl 18 to reach her passive damage
leona got buffed
soraka got hit hard .. on PBE her Q had damage increase .. but not in the patch ... so she looses damage, mr shred, mr aura, healing potential and damage on infuse to gain a passive that makes her heal her S3 value when reach 40% hp and some cdr on her heal
for tarci I can't tell, he will be a total counter to double AD bot ... since he'll stack AD ... his stun has a big CD increase (obliged to AA) but hard to say

but I'll try them to see if they are better now than before and they can compete with other non traditionnal supports ...

Epsi

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-20-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by EffectFX View Post
The only large AP ratio nerf was on Janna at .4 AP removed from the spell, which she mostly gains back by letting it charge for longer.

Theres only 1 nerf that went to .3 and that was on Sona's crescendo.

These are still small nerfs. Pretty much everything is still pretty close to the same at a tiny .2 AP or less on some ability.

Are supports going to spend gold on AP? Of course they ****ing are? Don't be dumb. Only an idiot would honestly believe that traditional supports are going to see no play.
Janna
Q Ability Power ratio reduced to 0.35 (from 0.75)
W Ability Power ratio reduced to 0.5 (from 0.6)
E Ability Power ratio reduced to 0.7 (from 0.9)

Lulu
E Offensive damage Ability Power ratio reduced to 0.4 (from 0.6)

Nami
Q Ability Power ratio reduced to 0.5 (from 0.65)
R Reduced Ability Power ratio to 0.6 (from 0.7)

Sona
Q Ability Power ratio reduced to 0.5 (from 0.7)
R Ability Power ratio reduced to 0.5 (from 0.8)

Soraka
W Healing reduced to 70 / 130 / 180 / 230 / 270 (+0.35 Ability Power) (from 70 / 140 / 210 / 280 / 350 (+0.45 Ability Power)) .1 ap ratio reduction
E Enemy cast now deals damage equal to 40 / 70 / 100 / 130 / 160 + 5% of Soraka's max mana (+0.4 Ability Power) (was 50 / 100 / 150 / 200 / 250 (+0.6 Ability Power)) .2 ap ratio reduction
R Healing reduced to 150 / 250 / 350 (+0.55 Ability Power) (from 200 / 320 / 440 (+0.7 Ability Power)) .15 ap ratio reduction

Taric
Q AP ratio lowered from 0.6 to 0.3
E Ability Power ratio lowered to 0.2 / 0.4 Ability Power (from 0.4 / 0.8 Ability Power)
R Ability Power ratio lowered to 0.5 Ability Power (from 0.7 Ability Power)

Im not sure but 10% and 20% scaling hits on most abilities is pretty big. Considering most of these had very small base numbers and ratios already. There was a reason that supports stopped going mid lane. Because when they actually preformed well with the ap they were nerfed to the point where they no longer were efficient with the gold. Perhaps if you actually played the role you would actually understand.

EffectFX

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-20-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulTheMerc View Post
in return sona now has a 0.04, 0.02 and 0.2 ratios :/ AWSOME
Read the ****ing patch notes. That's her ****ing passive. Oh my ****ing god I want to strangle some people.