Bye Bye Supports

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

EYO TEETO

11-20-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henry Plainview View Post
So: where is your money for wards, and what the hell do you do for 10 minutes while you're stacking AP and Annie is pelting you with fireballs?
I'm not trying to imply any sort of build path or anything - just highlighting the fact that the gold income for supports is massively increased. i.e. making AP much more realistic to buy.

Silentcoyote

11-20-2013

Seeing as Riot has play tested this stuff....
Do you think they see threads like this and sit back and laugh?
"Look at GD squirm. They are going to be so embarassed when the patch hits, and it works exactly the way we said."
That's what I would do.

PureQuestion

11-20-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henry Plainview View Post
Are you stupid or something?
Sarcastic, mostly.

redz

11-20-2013

Supports are more relevant at early game, yet you guys nerf it.
sounds like a plan.

but it's ok, since when they get around 300 ap they will have the power they should had at the early lvs... except that by the time they get it wont be relevant anymore. (by the way, assuming each ap costing 22 gold based on amp tome, it would take 6600 gold for them to hit that 300 ap mark. not like they need to buy other things meanwhile, right ? all of their new income being used just in order to get them to where they were with ZERO items..)

Wayward Son

11-20-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silentcoyote View Post
Seeing as Riot has play tested this stuff....
Do you think they see threads like this and sit back and laugh?
"Look at GD squirm. They are going to be so embarassed when the patch hits, and it works exactly the way we said."
That's what I would do.
I remember threads complaining about how strong cleaver was last year before it hit live servers and Riot claims they 'play tested' that

Axxlon

11-20-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morello View Post
Don't want to scale CC with AP at all. Might be tough for a couple characters (though they likely just scale better on HP/CDR).
...uhhhhhhhhh...

Quote:
W Zephyr
Slow debuff now scales at +3% per 50 Ability Power (capped at 80% total)

Morello? Do you have short-term memory loss or something? LMFAO.

Shoukansha Ichi

11-20-2013

Quote:
EDIT: Unreasonable rage downvotes, or real thing that you guys disagree with?
let me point out what you guys did to taric.

You made him reliant on items and gold in order to actually do his job. When he couldn't actually do that.

Then you went and you actually lowered his AP ratios again.

Lothland

11-20-2013

If support chars suddenly having more items is so OP why have the solo lanes not been flooded with all these OP chars already? Or are they more worried that with more damage in the game in general there will show an even bigger flaw within the game and everyone will just get insta gibbed.

AK47WOLF

11-20-2013

Quote:
Sure - it's true this stuff is pretty complex and difficult. Does the short-term Black Cleaver issue (that we then fixed) mean we shouldn't have made the changes at all? That doesn't seem like a good trade-off to me.

If the worries are true, then we'll address it to make sure it's not permanent.
I think this thread is an overreaction, and this isn't intended to attack you.

But yes, it would have been better if you didn't rework Black Cleaver and reverse your armor penetration algorithms at all.

Ntencti

11-20-2013

Quote:
We did this originally and it was crazyland. These nerfs after the best stab after 3 months of internal testing.
Morello im geussing by now you have noticed the downvotes have present you in this case " I want my toy and im going home deal with it !" while your majority of the community is providing you reasonable and detailed answers and questions to why your not sharing your damn toy.