Bye Bye Supports

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Chuker34

11-20-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeneralMitch View Post
I like gems :C
So do I, too bad our favorite gem master is getting the hammer he carries shoved up his ass then used to knock his teeth out.

AmbushIntheDark

11-20-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morello View Post
Great - you should! I think it's our responsibility to be accountable here.

(2 days does not constitute data, just to remember). Give it a little time to settle, see the fallout, then adjust. Not a LOT of time, just a little.
As long as you understand that on the flip side of this, 2 months to fix something is also unacceptable (Warmogs, Cleaver). I dont want to have to stop playing my main role for a month and a half just because you guys didnt have the foresight to predict that the the Mage/Supports that are already dominating the Support role will still be dominating the role when you give them more gold and nerf traditional supports.

naotasan

11-20-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morello View Post
These characters should be about SUPPORT. If they're about damage, they're not support at all - they're mages.
Explain Karma then.

She went from ****ing amazing support niche pick to cookie cutter Q spam in the mid/top lane.

Silentcoyote

11-20-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orghak The Great View Post
Bad move Major Faggot, instead of addressing his point you defer to a vague, generic, preconceived notion that "supports cannot be mages."

You're living in your own little world.

Fiddles and Annie have better damage and have better CC than any other Support can ever dream of. Fix it and stop acting like an 8 year old because "supports can't do damage."
They're good because they have consistent hard CC. but they become irrelevant later in the game. Once their carry is fed they are just a mage who didn't build damage. I'd rather have consistency than some flash in lane. Scaling CC is a great idea and I believe we'll see it work wonders.

13bmw13

11-20-2013

please change your title back to "Nerf Master Suck Town", it is relevant to the support changes

Veliuz

11-20-2013

Support ratio nerfs + more gold just forces those "supports" out of the meta, and puts more gold in the hands of annie/fiddle/xyz. Annie fid are already competitive, now they'll be moreso with additional gold.

mi ramfan

11-20-2013

Speaking as a Janna main I would rather Janna be a mage and be viable then have scaling utility and be unplayable.

Atzero

11-20-2013

First of all, Ill be the one to say that I am excited for these changes as a support player. However, I do have some concerns. I first want to say to all of you that I dont understand the ridiculous notion that raw damage is the only stat that matters in the game. I guess thats why the balance team didnt want to nerf Nasus W. I swear, you people complain and complain about every little change Riot does to improve the game. They arent deliberately sabotaging it. They dont have a war against supports. I dont know if any of you have realized this, but Riot is a fairly scientific company that employs large data points behind their changes. Yes the balance changes will be flawed at the beginning of S4. Literally everything is flawed in its first iteration. Riot is at least addressing the problem. All of you need to chill the hell out.

Anyway, onto my concerns.

Having not played with these changes, I feel as if having just the percentage of the utility scale is still a bit underwhelming. Is there anyway we could see the percentage and duration increase with scaling? The reason is that I will still feel useless in a team fight situation if my slow with Janna is now 60% for 2 seconds versus 40% for 2 seconds. In a team fight situation, not having any duration still might make it feel like supports still have no effect. For example, what if Sona ult stun duration could scale with AP? She would be feared.

Thanks for answering our questions Morello.

MisterTitanic

11-20-2013

morello, supports bottom lane should not be a necessity every game. AP mids bottom lane should be just as viable as a support bottom lane. supports are historically the least popular role and the meta basically shoved them down our throats. it's like stockholm syndrome where if you're forced to play something enough you eventually enjoy it

NightFire666

11-20-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by EffectFX View Post
So you don't build AP items on supports, so these AP ratio nerfs affect you how? There are some exceptions for the champs who had minor base nerfs, and they were minor.

Change your build, add a little AP (They do have aura items with AP on them), and give feedback. That's what the preaseason is for, I don't know how many threads I've already stated that in.
The PROBLEM with that is these are not by any means APCs. Supports were meant to deal that extra damage early game to give that extra lift. Without it, champions like Annie and Fiddlesticks, both who do exactly what the old supports do, will rise up!