Bye Bye Supports

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Only Play Nid

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-20-2013

*****es about meta being enforced. *****es about meta change. I donīt understand.

Epsi

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-20-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saint Latona View Post
Did you even try it out on the PBE? Stop making assumptions until after the patch comes out.

THEN you can complain.
Yes actually I did

Ratastok

11-20-2013

Overlords Annie,Zyra and Fiddlesticks will take over.

Saint Latona

11-20-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Epsi View Post
Yes actually I did
Then I'll have to see for myself then.

Best Lulu Ever

11-20-2013

Lux, Brand, Gragas, Morg support!!! It's gonna be a f**k fest bottom lane xD

Evangele

11-20-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Only Play Nid View Post
*****es about meta being enforced. *****es about meta change. I donīt understand.

Although I will refrain from judgement of the changes until I play them, I dont think this is what the concern is about at all. The concern is about traditional supports becoming virtually unplayable and never being used. Not that I agree with this viewpoint completely.

It would definitely concern me if I couldnt play many of the true supports I love due to the changes. Wont know till I try however.

Dryad Soraka

11-20-2013

support isn't unappealing though

Soraka Goes Mid

11-20-2013

Dear OP: You're a complete idiot.

You're complaining that supports are receiving nerfs to AP scaling. But you haven't tested these on the PBE at all. If you get 300 AP on Lulu now, her W now gives allies a 60% speed boost. At RANK 1. That's a RIDICULOUS speed boost. And you complain that supports shouldn't be buying anything but Sightstone, but that's because you're stuck in the season 3 mindset. Buying only Sightstone is the thing people hated the most about support. Now, supports get more gold. A LOT more gold. And you don't have to spend all your money on wards and oracles, because of the 3 ward limit and trinkets. You can actually get a full build as support by 40 minutes, just like any other champion.

So supports are much stronger now than before, basically.

EffectFX

11-20-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Epsi View Post
Sorry they hammered support's ap ratios across the board. At the end of season 3 we already saw mages shoving supports out of their role. Now that supports have their ap ratios gutted we will see more of the same. Sure we get gold now, but are supports REALLY going to spend all the gold on ap just to get to the power levels they were before? No. Whats going to happen is we will see utility mages in the bot lane and traditional supports rarely used. Why would anyone pick a champ that now gets a speed buff or slow (that is being effected by the soft cap) without damage, when you can pick a utility mage that brings damage and comparable utility.
The only large AP ratio nerf was on Janna at .4 AP removed from the spell, which she mostly gains back by letting it charge for longer.

Theres only 1 nerf that went to .3 and that was on Sona's crescendo.

These are still small nerfs. Pretty much everything is still pretty close to the same at a tiny .2 AP or less on some ability.

Are supports going to spend gold on AP? Of course they ****ing are? Don't be dumb. Only an idiot would honestly believe that traditional supports are going to see no play.

ProletariatFlame

11-20-2013

Just looking at their kits:

Of the traditional supports wouldn't Thresh, Nami, and Leona (especially) still maintain a strong presence even with the (and I agree) utility mage push?

Just curious, I don't see how those three can lose their spot. Leona benefits greatly from the changes and Thresh & Nami's kits are just good enough to always provide a strong enough utility to offset the lesser damage they will bring.