A Plat I's opinion

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Curlyfry

11-20-2013

Why is OP downvoted? I'm a one trick pony too. Jungle Hecarim all the way to d1

Aeyre

11-20-2013

i do well mid/support, but i can adc if i need to. i can't top or jungle worth a damn, and i let my team know this if there's ever a situation where someone else ACTUALLY wants to support

maybe dont have to know all 5 roles super well, but 3 is a good amount i say

SmokingPuffin

11-20-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rrett View Post
tl;dr
You only need to play 1 role and you can make it to diamond.
It's true, but you are needlessly handicapping yourself.

With this method, you are putting more pressure on yourself to win when in your preferred role. You might get to a point where you are 60% to win in the mid lane, but still unable to gain elo, because you are 30% to win in the other lanes and you can't get mid often enough to make your overall ratio >50%.

I think it's best to have a small champion pool that you're really good at, but to also make sure that your champion pool covers all the roles adequately.

Silver Raven

11-20-2013

Quote:
Every time I see a thread complaining about people who only play one role, and how that's a bad thing, I always just laugh.
You don't need to be good at any other lane to make it to a really high elo.
If you don't think Im right, that's fine of you, but I made it to plat 1 Playing literally only mid, and not knowing how to play any other champ than what I play mid.

So next time you rage or get mad at some one who only plays one role well, maybe think twice. I only played mid champs, and Mid lane(I'd basically go kennan for adc, support, and Top lane, and lee sin jungle and top lane), and I'd always favor towards duo mid than playing another role, and I made plat 1.

tl;dr

Edit: A red post. I can die happy now <3
That Red post is not validating your attitude btw.

But sorry man, even if you are Plat, you reached Plat by making lots of teams forcefully adjust to how you play, and believe me, I know how horrid it is to have to adjust to some random kid who only plays one role.

So yeah, you are Plat, but your attitude is Bronze

One champ in many roles? Np
One role only? Bronze attitude

Rrett

11-20-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver Raven View Post
That Red post is not validating your attitude btw.

One role only? Bronze attitude
Im just happy. It was my first Red Reply ~~~

And if you ever actually get in game with me, Im actually quite fun to play with.

Wrosgar

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-20-2013

I'm the opposite. I got to Diamond by being super flexible and being able to play any role well. The exception for me is top, but I can still play it in a pinch if need be.

The challenger however is from being really good at all roles in 3v3's.

Priamos

11-20-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zydion View Post
I played only Chogath from gold to diamond this season... any other champion I tried when I was bored with Cho I lost more than I won. I played him top, mid, jungle or support though. Mainly Top.
Wow holy ****, I thought Top Cho'Gath was an exceptionally weak pick.

SlumlordThanatos

11-20-2013

Quote:
Every time I see a thread complaining about people who only play one role, and how that's a bad thing, I always just laugh.
You don't need to be good at any other lane to make it to a really high elo.
If you don't think Im right, that's fine of you, but I made it to plat 1 Playing literally only mid, and not knowing how to play any other champ than what I play mid.

So next time you rage or get mad at some one who only plays one role well, maybe think twice. I only played mid champs, and Mid lane(I'd basically go kennan for adc, support, and Top lane, and lee sin jungle and top lane), and I'd always favor towards duo mid than playing another role, and I made plat 1.

tl;dr

Edit: A red post. I can die happy now <3
Yeah, well, you're wrong.

A quick look at your match history and ranked stats tells me that you either play all of your ADC's mid, or you're a passable AD carry as well. You also have some games as supports, so...

It's better to get really good at one champion that can play multiple roles, than to concentrate on one role and suck when you eventually get shoehorned into a position you're not comfortable with.

But, let's face it. You specialize as a mid laner, but you're a passable player everywhere else, and THAT is why you are in Plat I.

Silver Raven

11-20-2013

Quote:
Im just happy. It was my first Red Reply ~~~

And if you ever actually get in game with me, Im actually quite fun to play with.
So you infuriate the potential midlaner and everyone else by force taking mid, then behave super nice ingame?

Well that doesn't sound unfair for anyone! Especially for the guy who wanted to mid!

Good God these Goldies and Platsies...

Ntencti

11-20-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zydion View Post
I played only Chogath from gold to diamond this season... any other champion I tried when I was bored with Cho I lost more than I won. I played him top, mid, jungle or support though. Mainly Top.
I have played mid fiddle for so long i know majority of the cc threats champions give him, i just wish i could play him to gold or something cause its always a troll pick.