A Plat I's opinion

First Riot Post
123456 ... 7
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Aeolian Melodies

Senior Member

11-20-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eltron316 View Post
I do have a question which troubles me the most. I hope I can get a legitimate answer. What do you do when other people trump your call by pick? When other people main that as well - how do you measure if you're better or if they are better and what do you go for then? or When they troll pick the lane you already called/picked? if you ever had the issue? Thanks!
He dodges, I assume.

The loss of LP from a dodge is much lower than the dodge of LP from a defeat.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

John Caveson

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

11-20-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rrett View Post
Every time I see a thread complaining about people who only play one role, and how that's a bad thing, I always just laugh.
You don't need to be good at any other lane to make it to a really high elo.
If you don't think Im right, that's fine of you, but I made it to plat 1 Playing literally only mid, and not knowing how to play any other champ than what I play mid.

So next time you rage or get mad at some one who only plays one role well, maybe think twice. I only played mid champs, and Mid lane(I'd basically go kennan for adc, support, and Top lane, and lee sin jungle and top lane), and I'd always favor towards duo mid than playing another role, and I made plat 1.

tl;dr
You only need to play 1 role and you can make it to diamond.
Yes, this is true, however its good to be able to fall back on something in the event you don't get mid. Just practice a little bit of support so you are at least tolerable so if you don't get mid you can do that instead.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Rrett

Senior Member

11-20-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wootskittles View Post
Kennen* If you're only going to play one role know how to spell your champions names xD.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

OP, then why aren't you diamond?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is why NA solo queue is trash. A plat 1 and a diamond just admitted they can't play four other roles at the level of their tier. People should stop worrying about trying to get platinum or diamond, and just try to not suck. If you simply don't completely suck, you'd be D1.

Inb4 'you're plat you must suck too'.
I actually Do know how to spell 'kennen', I just prefer to spell is 'kennan'. Theres even a command in CurzerTheBruzer Twitch chat that if you type in "!kennen" is responds with '"Kennan" - TheKitsch 2013'
(Im TheKitsch btw)

Im not diamond because I didn't play enough. About 30 hours before the ranked rewards give out, I want from plat 4 to plat 1 in less than 24 hours, but I made plat 1 with only 6 hours until ranked went down to give out rewards. For those unaware, when you first get in a tier 1 division, you get massively clamped. Since I needed at least 20 wins to end the clamp, 6 hours is not enough to get those 20 wins unfortunately.

To adress your last point, it's not a matter of playing all roles. If you honestly think Skills from one lane =/= others than you're seriously mistaken. I may not be able to play other roles at a level Im currently at or higher, but Ill still beat most people who are a lot lower than me on the ladder.
I can go kennan support and dunk plats left right and center. It's not a matter of sucking at other roles, it's a matter of I hate doing them so much I just play worse.

Also I can't say I disagree with plat being a trash tier. It's a lot less lack lustre than I thought. Problem is, I can't tell if they're getting worse, or Im getting better xD.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Rrett

Senior Member

11-20-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenluvartz View Post
He dodges, I assume.

The loss of LP from a dodge is much lower than the dodge of LP from a defeat.
Never Dodge, Never admit defeat.
It actually depends on my mood whether I be a sheep or not, but I can confirm I never dodge.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ozbirta

Senior Member

11-20-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordTobiothan View Post
2 dodges is worth more lp then a win. One dodge is worth more mmr then a win.

Considering anyone under plat will only get their preferred role every like 3-4 queues, (considering it will almost always be top or mid) then your going down far faster then your going up even if you win every match that you actually play.

So ima call bs on this thread.
Dodges don't affect mmr. LP is an imaginary object

once these facts sink in, you will go places.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Jestrel

Member

11-20-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rrett View Post
I actually Do know how to spell 'kennen', I just prefer to spell is 'kennan'. Theres even a command in CurzerTheBruzer Twitch chat that if you type in "!kennen" is responds with '"Kennan" - TheKitsch 2013'
(Im TheKitsch btw)

Im not diamond because I didn't play enough. About 30 hours before the ranked rewards give out, I want from plat 4 to plat 1 in less than 24 hours, but I made plat 1 with only 6 hours until ranked went down to give out rewards. For those unaware, when you first get in a tier 1 division, you get massively clamped. Since I needed at least 20 wins to end the clamp, 6 hours is not enough to get those 20 wins unfortunately.

To adress your last point, it's not a matter of playing all roles. If you honestly think Skills from one lane =/= others than you're seriously mistaken. I may not be able to play other roles at a level Im currently at or higher, but Ill still beat most people who are a lot lower than me on the ladder.
I can go kennan support and dunk plats left right and center. It's not a matter of sucking at other roles, it's a matter of I hate doing them so much I just play worse.

Also I can't say I disagree with plat being a trash tier. It's a lot less lack lustre than I thought. Problem is, I can't tell if they're getting worse, or Im getting better xD.
So many things about this don't matter at all. Your twitch chat is dumb your support Kennen is worthless, you're mid is probably bronze level at best and you should do us all a favor and just quit playing. It's a game no need to lie about it to make yourself feel better.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Rrett

Senior Member

11-20-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jestrel View Post
So many things about this don't matter at all. Your twitch chat is dumb your support Kennen is worthless, you're mid is probably bronze level at best and you should do us all a favor and just quit playing. It's a game no need to lie about it to make yourself feel better.
I was replying to some one...
If you really want to go into things that don't matter at all, you should start with your existence...


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

OwlCityBestCity

Member

11-20-2013

lel at this thread.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

DarkflameShyvana

Senior Member

11-20-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by OwlCityBestCity View Post
lel at this thread.
I like Owl City too.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Lesbian Diana

Senior Member

11-20-2013

this is also how you skip divisions. if you dodge every game you don't get your role, your mmr skyrockets with your LP going up at a slow rate (if you keep not getting your role). so when you have plat 1 mmr in plat 5, you will skip to plat 3 and then plat 1 (if it's really that crazy high). it happens most often in gold because the silver 1 clamp is so brutal some people will have high gold mmr by the time they get there.


123456 ... 7