Where to practice a champ?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

AhhShucks

11-19-2013

1 custom game, then straight to ranked

Gentleman Thief

11-19-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derogative View Post
normals: can't get role, "WHy u autolock, report noob"

ranked: nope, new to a champion

aram: na

dominion: lol

anyone got any ideas?
There is a draft pick mode for normal games.

Wertilq

11-20-2013

Custom games. No players no bots, just run around and test the champ around.

Start a custom game with title 1v1 and you get to try it for laning. Then you play some player 1v1 just to test out champ.

If that is a too big step you can start out with bots in custom game first.

In normals don't autolock, just pick the champ and say where you're going, you might have to adapt and not play it though. Say that you intend to practice a champ for ranked and really prefer to play a certain role and people often let you.
If you autolock a champ you show "I don't ****ing care about you people, I do whatever I want", if yo communicate intent they might let you do what you want though.

VoyMachoboy

11-20-2013

Twisted treeline

Satoss

11-20-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jikker View Post
It is called bots
I hate this response. If bots actually help you learn a new champion, you're either in kindergarten or extremely bad at the game. "Why don't you go play bots?!?! You're not allowed to try champions here in normals!" - Nowhere does it say I can't play a champ in normals if I want to. But people cry and complain as if practicing on bots earlier would have actually helped you.

OJ191

11-20-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filthy Animals View Post
I try bot games 1st, then once I get a good feel for the damage and movespeed and some builds I like, I try normals.
No offense, but for anybody beyond a certain level of play everything you could learn in a bot match can be picked up in the first minute or so of ANY match, and bot matches are so easy as to be irrelevant. Though obviously we are actually taking the time to do some research and not just jumping in blind knowing nothing about the champion, makes a big difference.

PrivateWang

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-20-2013

I would practice with either a 5-man premade, bots, or dominion.

Oriental

11-20-2013

Customs or Bot games.

009Deathwolf

11-20-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filthy Animals View Post
I try bot games 1st, then once I get a good feel for the damage and movespeed and some builds I like, I try normals.

I do the same but i think he asking for practicing champs for playing ranked matches.
I am hoping the introduction of team builder in S4 will help us achieve just that!

RandomTShirt

11-20-2013

Dominion is seriously the place to practice mechanics of a champ, enless its most supports. Dominion anyone can go any role and its mostly fighting.