Champion Sneak Peek – Caitlyn, the Sheriff of Piltover

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Naiwi

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-20-2010

Too many fricken Female champs! I don't hate them and all, but i'm tired of it! Make an effing kick-ass MAN champion. Something like Cho-gath, Kog-maw, Vladimir, or Udyr. If i were to be specific, MAKE A ****ING DRAGON CHAMPION!!!!!!!! I MEAN HOLY **** GUYS!!!!!! A DRAGON, OR AT LEAST SOME KIND OF GOD-**** REPTILIAN CHAMP!!!!! >:U!!!!!!!!

WheresBravoOne

12-20-2010

Why are most of the better Ranged DPS champions female? I'm not saying women can't shoot, so don't call me sexist. Its that when I want to rock some serious long range firepower, i'd like to focus on my target, not my characters naughty bits. Seriously, sometimes their assets become rather distracting.

Now that that's off my chest (no pun intended), may I say I like the creativeness put into the design of her rifle. The variable lenses should allow for some real well placed shots.

True Bandito

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-20-2010

HIGH HEELS? Riot, I am disappointed. No self respecting sniper, or a law enforcer will wear a pair of bloody high heels. Give her a bloody CAMO GEAR! Or the Ghost suit form Starcraft.

GIadiator

Senior Recruiter

12-20-2010

Lame Champion is Lame, Soraka > Piltover Noobs

Kilt

12-20-2010

Where the hell is my Spider Queen?

Insomniah

12-20-2010

plz oh plz oh plz dont make her cost 6300 ip

Buddha Belly

12-20-2010

Kind of a lazy copy of Mad Moxxi don't ya think?

Think you missed the ball on this one Riot. She a sniper in some strange ass carnival town or something?

toadshroom

12-20-2010

****, ****, ****, troll, ****

i dont understand the pattern... but i like it

R3sp4wn

12-20-2010

Mmmmmmmmm

Phreak

Shoutcaster

12-20-2010
3 of 3 Riot Posts

I totally see where you guys are coming from. A chick with a gun and an over-developed body. For sure, I understand that. However, having played Caitlyn (and MF being in my top 3 most played in Ranked), I can tell you they're actually vastly different. It's like saying Ezreal and Taric are the same champion just because they both have that elegant boyish physique.

Miss Fortune is very "arcadey" to me. She's all about being quick and spammy. Caitlyn is much more reserved. The difference in weapon choice (and hometown) really does show through on these champions, from color scheme and animations to playstyles and abilities. While Miss Fortune can spam AoEs all over, running and attacking quickly, Caitlyn is very tactical. She's methodical and exacting. She requires a lot more planning, good anticipation, and has actual team utility that isn't "kill dudes." Her coolest ability is the one you'd least expect, but it fits her so well and completely shapes how she plays and makes her awesome.

Now of course I'm being very cryptic here since her abilities haven't been announced, but I'll be honestly surprised if you come back after one game and say, "Yeah, she's exactly like MF."

Chick with a gun? Certainly. Same champion? Not by a long shot. That was a pun. I'm clever. Because she has a sniper rifle and I said “long shot.” I’m expecting mass up-votes for my wit.