Champion Sneak Peek – Caitlyn, the Sheriff of Piltover

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ultron

12-20-2010

What kind of sheriff doesn't' have a sheriffs badge?

LoLOlOXLDDDD

12-20-2010

oh look, generic big-**** girl #37 is up.

Eternal Overlord

12-20-2010

I think a plain dwarf thingy wood of been better, but i like the idea

Kynaeus

12-20-2010

League of Female Legends

Lynnsy

Master Recruiter

12-20-2010

uhm my boyfriend and i agree that she would be awesome but her hat is a bit....really silly and ruins her...love the rest tho

PoketFullaAholes

12-20-2010

WTF... I'm sorry what's with all the Victoria secret champions??? is there a self-respecting female champion on the horizon?? From boosoms spilling out over very tight dresses (mind you i like the puppies) to showie midriff ala Miss Fortune. Is there ever going to be a real warrior woman ever?? I don't know maybe I'm just a little tired of cheesecake armor and would like to see a better designed character that doesn't rely on boobs popping out here or her butt hanging out there. Basically this is a challenge to Riot to see if they can do something with the talent they have and come up with something more interesting than half naked women.

Robbynn

12-20-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phreak View Post
I totally see where you guys are coming from. A chick with a gun and an over-developed body. For sure, I understand that. However, having played Caitlyn (and MF being in my top 3 most played in Ranked), I can tell you they're actually vastly different. It's like saying Ezreal and Taric are the same champion just because they both have that elegant boyish physique.

Miss Fortune is very "arcadey" to me. She's all about being quick and spammy. Caitlyn is much more reserved. The difference in weapon choice (and hometown) really does show through on these champions, from color scheme and animations to playstyles and abilities. While Miss Fortune can spam AoEs all over, running and attacking quickly, Caitlyn is very tactical. She's methodical and exacting. She requires a lot more planning, good anticipation, and has actual team utility that isn't "kill dudes." Her coolest ability is the one you'd least expect, but it fits her so well and completely shapes how she plays and makes her awesome.

Now of course I'm being very cryptic here since her abilities haven't been announced, but I'll be honestly surprised if you come back after one game and say, "Yeah, she's exactly like MF."

Chick with a gun? Certainly. Same champion? Not by a long shot. That was a pun. I'm clever. Because she has a sniper rifle and I said “long shot.” I’m expecting mass up-votes for my wit.
Upvoted the first time I saw it and downvoted it for being copy and pasted here.

Battsie

12-20-2010

Another MF just one less gun

Kithas48

12-20-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phreak View Post
I totally see where you guys are coming from. A chick with a gun and an over-developed body. For sure, I understand that. However, having played Caitlyn (and MF being in my top 3 most played in Ranked), I can tell you they're actually vastly different. It's like saying Ezreal and Taric are the same champion just because they both have that elegant boyish physique.

Miss Fortune is very "arcadey" to me. She's all about being quick and spammy. Caitlyn is much more reserved. The difference in weapon choice (and hometown) really does show through on these champions, from color scheme and animations to playstyles and abilities. While Miss Fortune can spam AoEs all over, running and attacking quickly, Caitlyn is very tactical. She's methodical and exacting. She requires a lot more planning, good anticipation, and has actual team utility that isn't "kill dudes." Her coolest ability is the one you'd least expect, but it fits her so well and completely shapes how she plays and makes her awesome.

Now of course I'm being very cryptic here since her abilities haven't been announced, but I'll be honestly surprised if you come back after one game and say, "Yeah, she's exactly like MF."

Chick with a gun? Certainly. Same champion? Not by a long shot. That was a pun. I'm clever. Because she has a sniper rifle and I said “long shot.” I’m expecting mass up-votes for my wit.
its not that we're saying she isnt mechanically different from mf, ofcourse she is

the problem is art/flavor wise, its another overdeveloped woman, seems like theres only 4 choices in the champ design hat, *** appeal, monster like, or hulking male, or mage
thats it
we havent seen a yordle since kennen and the monstrous ones arent as frequent (cass falls into the *** appeal category far too well), honestly a little outside of "hehe boobies" would be nice for a change -_-

zralf

12-20-2010

Jarate !