I played with a riot employee

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

cbr1000rider

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-20-2010

Oh wait I didn't.. because I have no idea what their names are.

How do we tell if we somehow get matched with a Riot Employee? Is there a list of names? Are there many in Normal/Ranked games. Are they all super high elo? Do they have any discernible ways of showing they are a RIOT employee such as a tag? Sort of like in Halo they had flaming recon helmets.

Thanks

NoFrillsChampion

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-20-2010

A lot of them have Riot in front of their name. ie RiotPhreak

edit: I lied Phreak has 2 accounts, one without Riot and one with. Just do what guy below me said

Liz Vicious

12-20-2010

Troll around the forums and see who has a red name.

Xandyro

12-20-2010

It sure would be nice to be able to see the "R" Riot symbol next to employee names so we could direct questions to them as well as being able to call BS when some guy says "Im with riot and i'll have you banned if you dont go mid" It might also help show the community that employees are active in the game and connected enough with players to be able to understand the problems players face on occasion (IMO the community has little faith that Riot is "in tune" with players)

EDIT : CBR rider, you are talking about In-Game and not forum right?

TechpriestJadoko

12-20-2010

I think not knowing who they are is part of the plan. If they see someone trying to intentionally ruin the game, or being exceptionally rude to people, they'll be in a better position to take action.

cbr1000rider

12-20-2010

In game

EasymodeX

12-20-2010

Umm, many of them have the same names in-game. I played several games with Pendragon many moons ago. He was on some sort of Shaco binge back then.

FuriousLeftNut

12-20-2010

I've seen people with Riot in front of their names, but I can't tell if they're employees. Can't anyone just put that in front though?

I remember seeing someone named RiotKid. But again, how do I know if he's an employee or just some guy with Riot in front of his name?

cbr1000rider

12-20-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lugez View Post
I've seen people with Riot in front of their names, but I can't tell if they're employees. Can't anyone just put that in front though?

I remember seeing someone named RiotKid. But again, how do I know if he's an employee or just some guy with Riot in front of his name?
Been wondering the same thing. That would suck to be a RIOT employee and have no one know the efforts you put into the game when you play with fans of the game. Bungie let their Halo employees all get FLAMING EFFING HELMETS!!!

Riot employees get.. well.. a bunch of people pretending to be riot employees.

Awesome. Where do I sign up.

Xandyro

12-20-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbr1000rider View Post
Been wondering the same thing. That would suck to be a RIOT employee and have no one know the efforts you put into the game when you play with fans of the game. Bungie let their Halo employees all get FLAMING EFFING HELMETS!!!

Riot employees get.. well.. a bunch of people pretending to be riot employees.

Awesome. Where do I sign up.
Try a "cbr1kRIOTer" smurf lol