Client completely f** up

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Shadowmender

11-18-2013

Basically what the title says. All the below persistent through repairs and complete re-installation.
On my lap top, which normally ran LoL just fine, if a bit under powered mechanically, but didn't have any quirks that any of my desk tops had...After the latest update...I get into the client...get into a queue...don't get into a game. says "Game has crashed, please reconnect." "Server Timed Out please try again." "Can't connect to" blah blah blah. Annoying. As. Hell.
What's worse is that I'm now going to be reported for something I had no control over.
For the last year, my old desk top, a top-shelf performer 7 years ago, simply would not work with the shop. Couldn't even open it. It gave it's last breath 3 months ago, so not a huge deal now.
My friend's desk top could access the shop, but the in-game screen was hugely over-sized compared to the monitor, so I couldn't see bottom lane on the mini map. This may have something to do with resolution settings which I recently discovered because the options menu requires you to actually be in-game to work with it...smooth move btw...But I haven't tested it out yet because we don't live near each other any more, and they never had any interest in LoL.
And now my newest desktop I constructed with a hex-core processor and 12 gigs of ram and 2 gigs of GPU (I actually need it, I make music videos and post them to SangoProductions21 on YouTube)...can run the game just damned fine, with the occasional frame drops which I might be willing to attribute to internet connection, but that's not the point. The point is the client god damned sucks. I have to fight with it just to get queued in for a game, and if I do, the client is likely to freeze, forcing me to restart it multiple times to get into game. (Luckily, my computer's fast enough that I might do this and still finish loading before others are done loading.)
I loved this game since beta. This is the only game that has kept me coming back to it for so many years. Not even WoW held me for more than a couple months (at a time). But, if I have to sit through the frustrating client that fights me when I try to play the game...I'll have no choice but to quit. And no, I don't have this problem with any other game.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Shadowmender

11-19-2013

bump