Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Caught on Boss fight in act 3 of "Noxian Diplomacy".

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Iron Angel 2k3

11-19-2013

Decided to start up the Noxus campaign since I beat "Silent Screams" (The Shadow Isles campaign) and "The Trouble with Technomancy" (Piltover). I picked Darius since of the available champs he was my favorite.

So Noxian Diplomacy started out really cool. I thought the visual effects on the battles were cool, Riot did say they were going to pump up the visceral feel for combat in the Noxus campaign and they delivered. Kind of want to go through again as Draven just to see his custom execution animations.

But before I can do that I have to beat it first. And thats kind of a problem.

At the end of Act 2 you have to fight the giant Demacian Battle Golem. The thing's armor and health are through the roof. Supposedly Darius is one of the better champs to fight the thing with (Katarina is supposed to be the best due to magic damage and shunpo dodging its slam attack) because he does True Damage but I have to get a bunch of passive stacks on it first and standing there and hitting it gets me killed.

Is there anything else I can do in the level to prepare? I've got a bunch of Health Potions as well as a Randuins that I got by assembling the rewards from "Where Heroes Fall" from Swain and "No Screams Now" from Talon in act 1 and a Black Cleaver I got from "Choppa's Day Out" from Sion in the start of Act 2. There are two more side quests to do ("Welcome to the League Of..." from Draven and "End Their Suffering" from Urgot) but are they really necessary? I mean, Draven's quest is just an arena mob grinder and Urgot's is just "kill x mobs" with a twist. Or should I just grind a couple more levels and try again?

To elaborate, my strategy is pretty much to walk up and Decimate, then use the Raven Call spell Swain gave me to summon that lifesteal raven for some sustain. Then I try to hit it with basic attacks and Crippling Strikes but I have no dodge so when it does the ground pound or the slam attack I pretty much always get hit and the raven and potions cant heal me fast enough. It takes more than one Noxian Guillotine to kill, more like 4, but the thing just wears me down before I can finish it off. Any ideas?

PrefaceOfTheGods

11-19-2013

This thread again...

Most people just grab a Lux or a Caitlyn as a party member. Then the melee gets to run around while they attack from range. Works best with Rammus and Shen, but anyone with CC can help.

Christian

11-19-2013

what?

Ashes Boobs

11-19-2013

Once you clear the dungeon, before starting the boss, exit and recharge your Smite spell.
If you re-enter the dungeon while holding down whatever you bound Decimate to, the dungeon will not reset.
This is most likely a bug though, so you might get in trouble.

Iron Angel 2k3

11-19-2013

Quote:
PrefaceOfTheGods:
This thread again...

Most people just grab a Lux or a Caitlyn as a party member. Then the melee gets to run around while they attack from range. Works best with Rammus and Shen, but anyone with CC can help.

Are you playing the Demacia campaign? The Noxus, Shadow Isles, Bandle City, and Piltover campaigns are solo adventures. You don't get parties. And you can't really choose any of those characters for the NOXUS campaign. Shen is only in the Ionian campaign.

Hrud

11-19-2013

Quote:
Glen Hagen:
what?

I know right? Who even has trouble with that Boss Fight?

To clarify:

1. Do Singed's secret quest
2. Get Insanity Potion
3. ???
4. Profit.

Iron Angel 2k3

11-19-2013

Quote:
Hrud:
I know right? Who even has trouble with that Boss Fight?

Oh ha ha, fine. I'll do the two side quests.

I'm gonna be pretty mad if they give me AD or CDR items and I just blow it up on the first try.

EDIT: Whoa wait what? Singed's quest? How do I unlock that one?

Minishmaster

11-19-2013

Do the sidequests. Act 4 sends you to Ionia and you can't come back until Act 7, and if you don't have the Last Whisper from Draven its basically impossible to beat Act 5.

Sammystorm

11-19-2013

I would try to do the side quest for urgot because if you complete it with 90% health he will give you his spell "hyper kinetic position reverser"

If you pull the golem off his platform he will try to walk back to his platform before attacking you again.

Iron Angel 2k3

11-19-2013

Quote:
Minishmaster:
Do the sidequests. Act 4 sends you to Ionia and you can't come back until Act 7, and if you don't have the Last Whisper from Draven its basically impossible to beat Act 5.

I KNEW IT. It figures they would attach such a great item to a mob grinder quest...