What the **** is RTG?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ThePotHead420

11-18-2013

Its a group of hackers who are incredibly tech savvy and have permeated the Riot offices. I believe they were responsible for the server downtime yesterday im pretty sure it was a denial of service attack

Zephyen

11-18-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePotHead420 View Post
Its a group of hackers who are incredibly tech savvy and have permeated the Riot offices. I believe they were responsible for the server downtime yesterday im pretty sure it was a denial of service attack
well that makes sense since the thread regarding RTG appeared yesterday as well, the day the servers abruptly went off line with no warning.

Il Ace II

11-18-2013

Yeah I got it too, and now my client randomly turns black and white, pictures of a skeletal hecarim appears on and off the screen and I play the game.

iGotThatAntidope

11-18-2013

This is about the 3rd post I've seen about this and RIOT has yet to answer any post while they jerk off on other posts, this is getting irritating

Jedimeister99

11-18-2013

Bump

@riot plz respond to this problem.

GD Nash

11-18-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Schtiffles View Post
I'm not saying his suggestion would actually help (I doubt they're tracking you through IP) but do you realize how pretentious that sounded? 'Because I'm going to look up and learn how to change my IP'... why not? It doesn't cost anything, and unless you feel like waiting for Riot to deal with this, how about you just try a few things yourself?

Honestly though, how DARE we expect you to put in an absolute minimal amount of effort to try and remedy the situation!
R U A WlZURD?

ThePotHead420

11-18-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zephyen View Post
well that makes sense since the thread regarding RTG appeared yesterday as well, the day the servers abruptly went off line with no warning.
I commented on the first one with info on them and both my posts got removed with no record, good thing i left the tab open and noticed it was gone, oh and ever since I've posted **** about them I've gotten trolls in my games that I give advice to and they do the opposite and tell me i will feed til u stfu. Then i leave and they tell everyone to report me

Moragtao

11-18-2013

Curiosity. Has anyone tried something like peerblock to stop this? Granted, it is a slight hastle to use while playing league, seeing as how you'll have to allow the server-IP through as soon as the game begins to load, else your league will crash.

Just a thought.

iGotThatAntidope

11-18-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by LOLGG2EASYBRO View Post
RTG=Random Troll Generator
Your account has been infected with "RTG" which means whenever you join a game you will have a randomly generated bot so to speak attached to you. These bots are scripted to basically just run and die and randomly say a few lines here and there.
holy **** if this is true it makes me not want to play till it's fixed. I would really hate for this to happen to me

DamnedBeThyName

11-18-2013

Is there any proof or evidence that this is actually happening to people, until I see something concrete (a screenshot or something official-like) I will have to remain skeptical, because it is a lot easier for a few friends to troll the league forums than it would be for someone to accomplish a hacking feat such as the one described here in this thread. But please, if you have proof let's see it.