Name a a MTG legends you'd like to see as champion....

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

DustyElLion

11-18-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent Rambo II View Post
Emrakul
His auto attacks cleave for 200% AD.

Jukka Sarasti

11-18-2013

Purely from a badass lore standpoint:

Yawgmoth.

This dude. THIS DUDE. Not a plansewalker. Somehow manages to KILL a planeswalker (BTW: He does this by sneaking up behind her and stabbing her in the back of a head with a device, this device is basically ab blade on a motor and the blade constantly slices and scrambles the planeswalker's brain so it can't think and planeswalk away. He then keeps her as a prisoner with this machine on CONSTATNLY). As a MORTAL, he finds his way to Phyrexia, a world once ruled by a long dead dragon, and takes it over. He then transports people from his former world, to Phyrexia, and starts "augmenting" them, turning them into something other. Something better. Machine and flesh. The Great Progress (Hey Victor, I think you would get along just swell with this guy! He is down with the idea of "grand evolution").

This dude, THIS DUDE, then declares war on his former world, takes his Phyriexians, and just mows down the Thran (his former people), just slaughter and carnage.

He end up getting stopped by a rival's wife (long story) but comes back during the Urza's Sage cycle and WRECKS stuff.

TLR: A mere mortal man who was disgusted with the affluence of his culture and its inability to accept progress (Phyrexia, man and machine, eugenics) decides he isn't going to be beholden to their rules. Goes out and GETS **** DONE by himself. Takes on beings more powerful than gods. Wins. Loves biotechnology. Not a huge fan of democracy.

This guys would be DOPE!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yawgmoth

Now I want to re-read that series.

Trylobyte

11-18-2013

Yawgmoth is too much of a badass to be a mere Legend.

I'd opt for Jaya Ballard, if we're allowing Planeswalkers. Class, style, witty one-liners, and still a complete badass that would make even Brand go 'Whoa, you think you've set enough stuff on fire?'

CrownPuff

11-18-2013

Jace the Mind Sculptor, O wait...

Shoukansha Ichi

11-18-2013

Hokori, The Dust Drinker

good luck fighting him

DustyElLion

11-18-2013

Kalia of the Vast.

Such a mean EDH deck

Kaiser Celedorn

11-18-2013

Clearly it should be Jareth, Leonine Titan

O hi there Rengar.

Dusk707

11-18-2013

Kalia, from the first commander set. Summons angels, demons, and dragons to own people.

Erebos from the theros block. A passive that him stop restorative abilities would be hard to work against

Since planeswakers are included:
Tibalt, the fiend blooded
Sorin Markov
Nicol bolas (was legendary before becoming a planeswalker)

Edit: shen'd on kalia
Edit2: my first Commander, Kresh, the Bloodbraided

Ovalusc

11-18-2013

Arcanus the Omnipotent

RavenHusky

11-18-2013

I would say Gisela, Blade of Goldnight, my EDH Commander, but we already have Kayle. Otherwise, I would have to go with Gideon Jura.

I'd also rather see an MTG set based off of League of Legends.

Edit: Since one of the Theros gods was mentioned, I'll also throw in Heliod, since I managed to turn him into a creature once at FNM last Friday.