Nasus vs. Gangplank

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

kastr

12-26-2009

is nasus viable in higher elo matches?
what about gangplank?

who's more fun to play and who's more viable?

wildfire393

12-26-2009

Yes and yes. They're both solid melee DPS heroes with AOE effects and big damage outputs.

As for fun, that's honestly a matter of opinion. Play both and make a decision.

As for viability, it depends on team makeup. Gangplank fills only the Melee DPS slot of your team, while Nasus can also play tank or potentially even mage.

nascent

12-26-2009

let me just say that i do not have a high elo. not at all. so don't bother reading this if you're not interested in what i have to say.

i used to main nasus, and i'm gonna have to say that gangplank is a lot more fun. i've built nasus in nearly every way possible, and from my experience i've noticed that anything other than melee dps for nasus hinders his full potential. tank/push and mage nasus suck hard. sure you can pull it off, but it aint the best way to play him imo. nasus' main points are his ability to farm very effectively and his ability to build up damage with ss, but you'll have to be able to consistently last hit with it (not that hard). he's probably the best farmer in the game as you can drop a spirit fire and you'll end up last hitting every minion almost every time. in team fights he's a great hybrid of dps and support, as dropping a spirit fire will accumulate armor pen and in turn allow every physical dps on your team, including you, to do a lot more damage. your slow is for getting that one last killing blow in, but remember that it has a limited range and only affects one champion, whereas others such as tryndamere have an aoe slow.

gangplank on the other hand i do not know much about, but from what i can tell he helps just as much, if not more, than nasus in team fights as his aoe ulti can hit any area of the map no matter where you are, not to mention that if they get hit by it they will be slowed. he does great DoT with grog soaked blade, allowing him to get kills that he normally wouldnt have, his parley attack does a great amount of damage over a long range, and he can heal himself.

i think that you'll have to try both champions to see which suits you best. no matter what people say, you may like one champion more than another so dont let anything others say discourage you from trying both.

RyuuKitten

12-26-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildfire393 View Post
Yes and yes. They're both solid melee DPS heroes with AOE effects and big damage outputs.
Nasus is a tank <_<

ImmaRobotLOL

12-26-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryuujinx View Post
Nasus is a tank <_<
Not exactly

wildfire393

12-26-2009

Reading is tech, I say later in my post that he can play tank as well. Siphoning strike just makes him a solid Melee DPS here, especially with Sheen.

Krald

12-26-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImmaRobotLOL View Post
Not exactly
Yes, he is...there really isn't another appropriate way to build him other than a tank

nascent

12-26-2009

playing nasus as a tank wasnt very effective imo, but i guess i'll have to try it again sometime.

jermstuddog

12-26-2009

Nasus is a weak tank.

The best builds I've seen on him are as a support DPS. Much like Sivir.

Krald

12-26-2009

Ok, so there is a reason I've never lost as tank Nasus. That's all I'm saying. Not my skill, but the build, just makes him crazy. Not being able to be focused down super quick in teamfights makes his ultimate absolutely broken late game. The longer Nasus is in a fight, the more it sucks to fight against him. Hence, tank build. I don't understand how people can be skeptical when tank nasus has won tournaments and is used by top elo players constantly