Bow to The Void, or be consumed by it!

1234567 ... 13
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Cryypter

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-21-2010

I believe you are mistaken, Saint Lee. Malzahar is a prophet of the Void, and he is diametrically opposed to all that Kassadin and those like him stand for. I am also unsure of what "hope" you refer to in the deserts of Shurima. There are mysterious pyramids which hold artifacts of great power, as evidenced by Ezreal's gauntlet. But I know of no relation between these pyramids and the Void.

Caddy, Transience describes well the nature of the Void and it's "hierarchy" (Though mere words are pitifully incapable of imparting true understanding.) You may have traveled to many other worlds, but the Void is not just another world; it is a completely different plane of existence, beyond the "omniverse" you speak of.

Transience, in answer to your question: both and neither. The barrier separating this world from the Void was weakened during the Runewars, allowing holes and tears to form. At these tears, both Runeterra and the Void are joined, allowing things from both to enter the other.

This barrier is also our greatest defense against the Void. As you have mentioned, the power Kassadin wields is the only truly effective method of combating the Voidborn, and there are only a select few who are capable of harnessing this power. It would be unlikely that these few would be able to stop the innumerable hordes that wait beyond the barrier. Salvation for this world lies not in victory over the Void, but in sealing the barrier that protects us from it. As it stands now, it might be possible to defend against the few Voidborn who make it through the cracks, but how long could we keep this up? No, we must seal away our two planes forever in order to preserve balance in this world; in order to truly be safe.

And we will have balance. Transience and Undead Mantis, you have great knowledge of the Void, but sadly you have been deceived. The Void is powerful, but it is not all-powerful. It is innumerable, but it is not limitless. It is relentless, but it is not unstoppable. It is not too late to overcome the hold of the Void on your minds. Your knowledge would be invaluable in the battle against the Voidborn. But whether because of, or in spite of, your efforts, we will restore the barrier, and those who attempted to herald the destruction of our world will not be dealt with lightly.

"Balance above all else."
-- Summoner Cryypter

o0sniper50o

12-21-2010

The Void is not truly evil that much is true, but it is something that people fear and will fight given the chance. It is destruction, nightmares, and chaos, the very things we hope to avoid. It is a place of everything truly wrong with the world and any other, it is the inevitable end and beginning. However, those of this world are incredibly skilled in changing the so-called "path of destiny," they have resisted the Void once before and I truly believe it can happen again.

Also, do not worry about my magic or my weapons, such as our friend Caddy here I have learned a few tricks about inter-dimensional travels and magics relating to that. In the end however, the so-called "inevitable" may not happen any time soon, yet you believe that with the appearance of a couple of Void creatures it shall happen so soon. Space is infinite, time is eternity, but neither truly exists for this is an end to all. Even the Void.

-Independent Summoner Deadeye Sniper

Transience

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-21-2010

Summoner Cryypter, you impress me a great deal. So you understand that it was the runewars where this all began and you appear to comprehend the nature of the barrier. You have piqued my curiosity, at the very least. I now wonder if you have looked upon Him as well, but then would you be as you are? Indeed, your salvation lies in sealing the barrier not fighting what lies beyond.

Ah, but you address me as though I had not already been forever changed to become what I am. Work to seal the barriers, if you will. I have no desire to stop you, in fact I am willing to advise you if you so wish. He sees no reason to stop your efforts at this time. For how many will hear you? The magical exertions of Valoran grow, the barrier crumbles bit by bit. I am not the one who is endangering existence. You are doing a fantastic job of it yourselves. If it should fully break, know that that will be the end.

Changing my mind is essentially impossible for a number of reasons. But I am not here to wave swords and cast spells, knowledge is my forte. And my purpose is for Him to decide. I am honored to make your acquaintance but if I may make a suggestion, keeping a slightly lower profile may be wise. You would not wish to draw His gaze, would you? I would regret what He may then ask me to do. I wish you the best, perhaps you will see what the truth is eventually. The Void is the eventual destiny of all existence. You cannot stop it, only delay it.

-Transience, summoner aligned to the Void. The Father's representative.

Cryypter

12-21-2010

I have had... encounters...with the Void, of which I will not speak.

But it is not simply magic that was the cause of the weakening of the barrier, it was the unbridled use of powerful destructive magic. Indeed, after the Runewars subsided, magic was used to try to heal the ravaged world, with some limited success. Only if we are foolish enough to fall back into our destructive ways will the barrier collapse as you say. The barrier has existed since the dawn of time, and if we do not destroy it, it will last till the end of time.

Whether or not you can change, I do not know. All I know is not all who look upon the face of the Void are turned; those who have the strength of will to remain master of their own minds.

And what have I to fear of "His" attention? If a single summoner could be such a concern, perhaps your master is not as mighty as you believe.

-- Summoner Cryypter

Transience

12-21-2010

Agreed, the barrier will last until the end of time. Which is exactly what they await. Patience is scarcely an issue, which is why I have no intention of interfering in a particularly direct manner.

The only reason He would care is because, as I suspect, you have touched the Void. He sees all, comprehends all and most are mere extensions of His will. He has all the time in the world, to look at each individual, each universe and the omniverse as we seem to have dubbed it. The Void is displeased with those who escape it entirely intact and I must congratulate you on making it if that is indeed the case.

The only reason He is mighty is hardly traditional. He does not swing fireballs and lances of darkness, he doesn't drink the blood of children and consume the innocent. He merely grows as is his nature, never to be reduced. And that is the sad reason most weapons fail. Do your weapons reduce or are they more creative? You have made me curious. If you hold the barrier, I have no qualms. If it breaks, reality shall splinter and He shall consume and grow. As I said, you can postpone it but not stop it. For even time ends one day, each universe must fall in time. I exist merely to wait and watch with a smile, and to act when the time is right. But I must prophesize death, cry bloody murder and call people blind. Eternity is terribly dull otherwise, summoning is an excellent hobby.

As for what I am, the product of what I would once have called a foolish mistake. Which I now call something close to enlightenment. Seal the barriers, they will be forgotten in time though. Look around you, people itch to fight the Void not stop its arrival. You have time, enjoy it and prolong it.

A pleasure to have spoken with you. My limited knowledge though is ever at your disposal. He doesn't seem to mind me speaking of these things.

CaddyMyers

12-21-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Transience View Post
Summoner Caddy, it is an honor to speak with one who is so well traveled. Our views on the nature of sentient life may differ, but that in no way demeans your credentials. I will attempt to explain as much as I know. Allow me to warn you in advance of potential errors in what may follow.

Have you ever seen a universe die? You might have, with your journeys. Even if you have not, you have missed only a final shriek of terror before blissful and eternal slumber. I have seen a thousand universes die in His eyes in less than a second. Everything changed after that, but my story is irrelevant. The point is that those worlds have died.

His throne, ah, His throne says so much. Those who travel between universes must use a path. I know not which one you choose to traverse but I do know that the nothingness of which we speak laps at the shores of all realities. You see what I mean, don't you?

As for their nature, you can reason with them as much, if not much more, than you can with Cho'gath. For the monsters they are called, their intellects are truly terrifying for their capacity to conceive all existence for what it is. The Void is not evil or dark, it is merely consumption. He absorbs because that is His nature, eternal growth. There are leaders, in a sense, but not so much a traditional one. In essence, He is all that matters on the other side.

Feel free to ask me any questions you may have, I would be honored to answer them. If you truly wish, perhaps Malzahar, Undead Mantis or I could show you what you seek to comprehend. I must warn you though, it will change you and you will be in His domain. Kassadin was unbelievably lucky to escape. If I may, it would be illogical for you to accept. While a mind like yours is highly unlikely to lose its sanity, there are enough risks to your identity on the other side.

To those who say you can never ally with the Void, you look at things too traditionally. I was something once, not that I remember properly or care. I am His will made flesh. And why should He consume that which is Him, like all the Void is.

Just to raise a question to those who resist, is the Void leaking into your world or is the world slipping into the Void. One is considerably worse than the other, my friends.

Summoner Transience, I appreciate the fact that you are one to agree in sharing the information you know with those who seek it rather than being one who keeps it for themselves.

As such, I will return the generous favor by answering the questions you may ask of me in regards to what I have seen and experienced from my travels.

Indeed I have witnessed the end of several worlds. Granted, I have not seen entire universes die, but then again, I am drawn to a much smaller scale, for when I see any world inhabited with sentient life perish from existence, I see the end of every precious life.

I think I may be able to see what you mean. My interpretation of what you described is that this great being resides not within one universe, but rather within the space in which the universes he absorbed once occupied. Am I correct?

. . . This great being, he's the one known as The Father, yes? Nonetheless, I do not doubt that he is an entity of great power, but I must ask as to what The Father is: Is he a being who is restricted to one form, or is he free to choose the form of anything he desires?

Although I have no fear to be shown what lies within the Void, I will heed your warning Transience. Even as an explorer of the omniverse, I know well enough not to make irrational decisions without proper preparation. Thus, I will prepare myself by learning from you, as well as any other Void-aligned individual before I make the crucial decision to enter his domain.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cryypter View Post
Caddy, Transience describes well of the nature of the Void and it's "hierarchy" (Though mere words are pitifully incapable of imparting true understanding.) You may have traveled to many other worlds, but the Void is not just another world; it is a completely different plane of existence, beyond the "omniverse" you speak of.

-- Summoner Cryypter
Summoner Cryypter, the omniverse encompasses all possible planes of existence. I, for one, may not know of all the possible planes of existence, but I have traveled to enough of them to know that the laws of this physical realm either do not exist or, in one case, can be bent and broken. That is partly due to the reason why I am not afraid to look into the Void, but more importantly, why I wish to enlighten the people of every world I visit.

~ Independent Summoner "Caddy"

o0sniper50o

12-22-2010

There are a few who have looked upon the Void and escaped its grasp either with the power of their will or the will of others. I am a mage of dimensional magic and I owe the Voidwalker a debt which I can never truly hope to repay, but I shall attempt to do so everyday in my efforts as a summoner of the League.

There are many who serve the Void but in the end that is all they are, servants or even more specifically, slaves. Those who look upon the Void and fall victim to its grasp become mere puppets of the Father which you speak of, but there are some who have looked into the face of the all-mighty Void and turned their backs on it. The League Champion Kassadin is perhaps the best example of this, but there are still many others who do not wish to see the Void enter this world because they to know what will happen if it comes.

One last parting word, to you specifically Transcience. You believe the Void is all-consuming, that it cannot be stopped, that it is pointless to fight with those who can fight it to few in number, but if you merely opened your eyes you will see that this world, the world most venerable to the Void, is also the most capable of fighting it. For the same reason that the Rune Wars ensued, the League established, and many other things in our lives, is because the participants of these things held a strong will. As I have said earlier, it is the strength of one's will that determines whether or not you shall fall to the Void, and it shall be the deciding factor in a battle should it come to that.

It seems to me that the followers of the Void would describe it like this: a place that shall exist forever and shall never fall. I shall point out to key factors in these words, that they are merely concepts and do not truly exist. Death is the ultimate truth, the true end for those who fall into it cannot fully escape its grasp, something that applies to everything. Even Death may die one day, but so shall the Void.

-Independent Summoner Deadeye Sniper

Transience

12-22-2010

Summoner Caddy, I am fully willing to say as much as I know. In my opinion, all those who desire understanding are deserving of knowledge they may wish to acquire. And yes, you are very nearly correct. From what I comprehend the Void was once like a buffer between all universes, and from there it acquired its nature of nothingness. And then there were parts of it that thought. And then the barriers broke and entire worlds spiraled into it. And He grew, for that was all He truly knew. And then He understood near everything and yet he was bound to increase.

And this leads into your next question which is, admittedly, tricky to answer. While the nature of the Void would allow Him to easily change forms, he will not. For He only ever grows and a change of form can never be greater than that which he has become. I believe He would find it... demeaning is an inadequate word but as close as I can get. I will sadly admit that I cannot completely comprehend his form not that I have tried particularly hard.

When you are prepared, seeing the Void would bestow true understanding. Even though I may dislike him, I would advise you to take Kassadin with you if you do not intend to serve The Father. Although, if I may, he ever seeks competent recruits.

Your travels in the omniverse intrigue me. I would be eager to hear your tales, if you are willing to share and when we may find time. If you have any further queries, ask away.

Yes Deadeye, the Void will die. It grows, but when there is nothing left to grow from, it is obsolete. Do you see that its greatest strength is its own demise? A cruel irony, amusing too if you think about it. Which is why I was curious about your weaponry and spells. I wonder if you see it. If you could stop Him and the Void, I would smile wider than ever. If only because it would be an achievement worth congratulating, regardless of my stake in things. I wish you the best and will watch you with interest.

Agrias Oaks

12-22-2010

Speaking from what I have seen of the void, from my mind link with my chosen champions battling the beasts known as Cho'Gath and Kog'maw, and trading spells with Malzahar, I believe it to be in my best interests to not embrace the void. Despite us Piltover citizens as being known for our curiosity and desire for knowledge, the void is something I shall not touch with a ten foot hextech extendo-matic pole.

Perhaps the void is indeed slipping into Runeterra... but I feel we are prepared. Yordles and Humans are nothing if not clever, inventive, and dedicated to living despite how often we seem determined to blow ourselves up. And even Cho'gath has fallen victim to spear, sword, lamppost, and spell. The void has many terrors and dread abominations... And we have our champions and heroes as well.

I shan't submit to something that to my knowledge, wishes to subjugate me to endless terror and torture. That seems to be a losing proposition to me. Whats in it if I 'submit' to the void? Judging by both Kog'maw and Cho'gath, it appears I will be eaten. Messily. Being masticated by some multi limbed terror is not appealing, I would rather submit to something that can show a modicum of mercy or restraint... Of which I believe the void would show neither. If I submit, I die... If I do not submit and fight, I might take out a few of the creatures with me. What is my fate if I submit willingly?

All in all, I believe Runeterra can do more the bloody the voids nose. Do we have a chance at dying horribly? of course we do. But do we have an ever so slight and small chance at defeating it, or finding a way to keep Runeterra away from the malaise of the void? Of course it is possible. It is taht small ray of hope that will cause us to fight the void, no matter how enticing it is.

Despite our differences however, you seem rather decently natured, Transience. I hope that declining this offer does not rouse your ire. Should you have anything that could possibly let me change my mind - I would be curious to hear it, as long as it is not sanity shattering. Perhaps over some confectioneries from sinful succulence?

Selios - Apprentice summoner & Hextech engineer.

Saint Lee

12-22-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cryypter View Post
I believe you are mistaken, Saint Lee. Malzahar is a prophet of the Void, and he is diametrically opposed to all that Kassadin and those like him stand for. I am also unsure of what "hope" you refer to in the deserts of Shurima. There are mysterious pyramids which hold artifacts of great power, as evidenced by Ezreal's gauntlet. But I know of no relation between these pyramids and the Void.

-- Summoner Cryypter
I speak of an ancient age, when the Shurima desert was home a splendid civilization. The pyramids, the artifacts and the magic of the Shurima always protected us from the Void. It is an lost knowledge, from a forgotten time.
You may not believe me, but when the Void will try to swallow our world and merge us with him, he will strike the Shurima first. Without those pyramids, all hope will be vain.

In my journey in this world I met several figures of the Shurima, starting with The Curator of the Sands. His land was similar to the Shurima. Bearer of a sacred knowledge his people and him gathered through the centuries, he knows how it starts and he knows how it ends. He knows why those beautiful pyramids were built. If you feel curious about those monuments like I was: go to him. Travel to the Shurima, speak with Nasus, study those old books... You will learn things that will mess up your mind and change your way of thinking...
I have no certitude about anything, because our future, as bleak as it may be, is not written in advance.

One last word about Malzahar. I had the chance to meet him once. Our encounter was too short but I had the opportunity to ask him a few questions. What he told me was interesting... I can't reproduce his words here, because I fear I wouldn't be as sharp and clear as he was. But what I remember is that Malzahar, as crazy as it may sound, is not, at all, a "Servant of the Void". He is, like Kassadin, a Knowledge Seeker, he learns from the void and his opinion about it is not rigged by a pseudo-religion of the Void. Malzahar is a speaker of truth, that is why I praise his words.
One day will come when everyone will have to choose a side, and on his day I am sure that Malzahar will join us into the Good Fight.

I repeat my earlier statement: Hail to our Protector Kassadin! Hail to our Prophet Malzahar!

Saint Lee - Traveler from the South

1234567 ... 13