Rtg? Some kind of hack?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

iG0D

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-19-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePotHead420 View Post
Just a little info.. This is no 3rd party thing its an internal issue. I did some digging just gunna leave it at that
What do you mean leave it at that?

Be a man or gtfo

TheEkliptic1

11-19-2013

thats funny considering i havent heard one little thing about peoples credit card info being stolen on LoL, yet when ever something like this happens you hear about it... I.E. Xbox, PS3.. ect.. where is your proof that this happens every day? you're name is very fitting because you're a noob who just talks out their ass.

Rortik

11-19-2013

http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com...=rortik&page=5

Clearly true, check there for my story, wonder why topic got closed.... HMM PROBABLY CUZ ITS REAL.

Teraxe

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-19-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by LargeSnorlax View Post
Unsubstantiated thread with no screenshots, evidence, match history, character name, or any form of information about the issue?

Must be gospel truth.

This is why I asked vesh to explain it. You can't.

LuluDammit

11-19-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheEkliptic1 View Post
being reported for unskilled will not get you banned, and reporting a bunch of people for being unskilled wont get you banned, if you actually read what it says when you report someone for being unskilled it tells you EXACTLY what it does. It makes sure that that player doesnt get matched up with you in the future. If riot bans you because you are reporting toxic players as unskilled to keep from you matching up with them, kind of makes that option in the report section pointless.
Do you not have a single malicious thought in your head? I'm wondering if abused long enough, could you cherry-pick your team by reporting any and all bronze players.

Stillhart

11-19-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vesh View Post
Yes. This one guy said this in almost every game. In the majority of games, it was just nonsense and people never saw him again. However, in the games he DID keep getting the same people, confirmation bias kicks in and everyone thinks it's a hack.

Relevant xkcd: http://xkcd.com/628/
XKCD: short and to the point.

YANSS: Teh science! http://youarenotsosmart.com/2010/06/...irmation-bias/

Fe1998

11-19-2013

Vesh how about bot of legends and zoomhack programs. I believe those still exist.

Silver Raven

11-19-2013

Quote:
Absolutely. We take every hack report seriously. In my first post I didn't really communicate the fact that we really did look at it extensively and it came off as dismissive instead, so I'm sorry too.
No problem Vesh. When you give responses that sound dismissive, things escalate, so it wasn't a ridiculous reaction from GD, just the usual reaction people have when a figure of authority seems to dismiss a problem.

Nobody did nothing wrong here, and you even came out of your way to give an even better response and reassure Riot looked carefully into this, so, again, no problem at all.

Thanks for your time

PrefaceOfTheGods

11-19-2013

Quote:
Absolutely. We take every hack report seriously. In my first post I didn't really communicate the fact that we really did look at it extensively and it came off as dismissive instead, so I'm sorry too.
In this case, could you look into the chat histories as well? Maybe look into the mentionings of RTG in them?

I can only see this situation as a Devil's Proof - You can prove that the Devil exists by showing him to someone, but you can't prove he doesn't exist upon a lack of evidence. There's always a chance they 'didn't find it'

It's the same with 'secret passageways' I can claim that there's an underground tunnel between Riot Games and the White House. If you don't believe me, I can always claim that the reason you don't have proof is that you just haven't found it yet.

We cannot 100% deny the fact that they're using some untraceable method you haven't thought up yet. It's improbable, but not impossible.

Could you do some looking into the chat correlation as well? Look into mentions of 'RTG' and see if they match up with consistent matchmaking over the course of a few days. Look into if it has to do with a severe winrate drop after said RTG event. We can't find the Devil's Proof, but we can determine a closer truth through other information as well.

I hope you read this~

Esarius

11-19-2013

The amount of confirmation bias going on in those mid-thread pages was absolutely astounding. How did so many of you fall into it?