Rtg? Some kind of hack?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Attack on Talon

11-18-2013

dis conspiracy OP

Josephine

11-18-2013

Still can't determine if this is troll or no...

Blizzinski

11-18-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vesh View Post
I'm really sorry this happened to you. =(

We checked into it and it looks like it was actually just coincidence. Also don't worry, nobody is going to ban you :P. Looks like you guys had similar matchmaking values since you both lost the same games.

edit: it's possible that he was using a 3rd party program such as lolnotes and queuing up at the same time.
Its like hes advertising for Lolnotes....

Fort Donger

11-18-2013

Bumpppppp

Zolidus

11-18-2013

The fack is goin on

D Bag

11-18-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vesh View Post
I'm really sorry this happened to you. =(

We checked into it and it looks like it was actually just coincidence. Also don't worry, nobody is going to ban you :P. Looks like you guys had similar matchmaking values since you both lost the same games.

edit: it's possible that he was using a 3rd party program such as lolnotes and queuing up at the same time.
Your server just got RTG.
Attachment 833116

MagiCaz

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-18-2013

There is definitely a program going around (it wasn't called rtg) but it had the same interface as lolnotes and it had an option to keep scanning lobbies until specific summoner names were on your team or against you or just in your game period. It would decline games until those conditions were met. Haven't used the tool to verify as it is probably bannable but i've seen videos of it certainly working. It also had an option to remove the queue delay penalty but I'm pretty sure that is bull and doesn't work, or if it does then it is certainly bannable.

Squeeeee

11-18-2013

relax guys, of course Riot is going to say its not a hacker

do you honestly think Riot would just blatantly say

"guiz, there is a hacker on the loose, but don't worry keep playing our game you prolly wont get hit"

of course they wont say that, they gotta downplay it to keep sanity

Mynt

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-18-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrulyBland View Post
Highlighted the important part.
Now go read this: http://xkcd.com/628/

Whoever does this could just CONSTANTLY claim to be following people around... and by knowning when to queue up, he could be increasing his chances to actually get into the next game by a lot. In the end, the trick might simply be that nobody goes onto the forums and says "omg, this guy said he'd follow me around in games and then actually didn't!"
I honestly wouldn't be surprised if it actually turns out to only be a coincidence (paired with 3rd party programs to know when to queue up).
This trick only happens once in (1/500)^4*4/9 = 7.1 Quadrillion times. But when it does, it's totally worth it.

Considering there's only 7 billion people on the planet, and not all of them play LoL, I'm going to go out on a limb and assume that this is a coincidence. I admit that I have 0.00001% chance of assuming incorrectly though.

TSM KawaiiSenpai

11-18-2013

illumanti i knew it they have taken over riot!