Rumble's Room (Ask Rumble)

12345612 ... 44
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Rumble n Tristy

11-19-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by BloatedBile View Post
dear rumble,

did you two go to school together or something?

-bb
Dear Mr.BB

There's really only one school most of the yordles go to in Bandle City, so we did but so did everyone else.

--Signed
Rumble

Remembering his especially...."awkward" time in school, Rumble felt particularly annoyed by someone bringing it up...
Thinking of all the times he had to fight his way through a schoolyard or his inability to fit in with any group or clique, he clung to the notion that he didn't need anyone...
...Except, well,
her...

After writing his response, Rumble puts his head in his hands, and with a deep sigh, tries forgetting about all of that.

"...Stupid Teemo..." he glumly mutters to himself.

Poop Tickler Jr

11-19-2013

A letter arrives at Rumbles door, smelling like a mixture of apples and gunpowder.

"Dear Rumble,

Hey, how've you been? It's been a pretty long while since I've seen you around soooo, I thought I'd check up on you.

Also I was always kind of curious why you named your suit thing Tristy, instead of something like 'ultimate flame throwing frisbee champion 5000'.

Signed,
Tristy!

P.S. We should hang out sometime!"

Ask the Herald

11-19-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rumble n Tristy View Post
"Um..." Rumble thinks to himself. He isn't sure if the the cyborg with the laser was insulting him or praising him. Maybe Viktor's letter shows progress in people's belief in yordle capability. Or maybe Viktor is mocking him, calling Tristy 'inferior', just like the other jerks he's had to deal with. Rumble notes this, intending to target the deranged scientist the next time they opposed each other just in case. But then again, maybe Viktor really liked Rumble's design and that this was an opportunity to spread his genius. Or maybe the foreigner wanted Rumble's special secrets! A spy!

After a while of considering and reconsidering the letter he holds in his hands, Rumble's head begins to hurt over the possibilities of Machine Herald's intent. maybe the best course of action was the most neutral, and to hope for the best with reservations to the worst...

...maybe?

Dear Viktor,

If you think my title as the MM is demeaning, why'd you address me with it?

For the rest of your letter, sure, as long as you don't try nothing. I can show you why I'm called the 'Steel Titan of Top Lane'!

--Signed
Rumble

Yes, the nickname he gave himself would surely impress the Zaunite. Rumble would have to remember to spray paint it on Tristy...
Viktor sent another letter in response to this.

Quote:
To the Steel Titan of Top Lane,

That appellation is much less insulting, and I apologize for using the one you are known by in the League. I would address you by name, but I am not sure if you are okay with that. You don't trust me as of yet, and I felt it would be rather rude to do so.

And you can rest assured that I have no ill intentions for meeting you in person. I firmly believe in credit where it's due, and I feel you deserve more than most are willing to give you. So I take it you are alright with me paying you a visit soon?

- Viktor

Rumble n Tristy

11-19-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ask the Herald View Post
Viktor sent another letter in response to this.
'Nice, Rumble.' Rumble thought. 'Good way to make yourself look like a royal jackass.'

After a moment of realizing his judgement on someone who was actually just curious to his inventions, Rumble decides to respond with an apology. He really shouldn't have accused the Machine herald of something like that. Rumble had read about Viktor's misfortune with Prof. Stanwick Pididly and Blitzcrank. He considers getting something from Morgana's Sinful Succulence or perhaps a cupcake from Lulu. No, wait, better not go with Lulu's baked goods. Something's off about her...

'Wait, do half-robots like Viktor even eat?' He ponders.

Dear Viktor,

You don't have to apologize for calling me the MM. I kinda like it actually. Anyway, you can call me Rumble. It's my name isn't it?

Also, sorry for, uh, assuming you were going to steal my ideas...We inventors can never be too sure right?

--Signed
Rumble

P.S: Sure thing about the dropping by.

"Smoothest apology ever..." Rumble said with a depleted huff.
But to be fair, you can't really trust them reds and their espion--COUGHCOUGH I MEAN NOTHING. NOTHING AT ALL.

Rumble n Tristy

11-19-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ask Tristana View Post
A letter arrives at Rumbles door, smelling like a mixture of apples and gunpowder.

"Dear Rumble,

Hey, how've you been? It's been a pretty long while since I've seen you around soooo, I thought I'd check up on you.

Also I was always kind of curious why you named your suit thing Tristy, instead of something like 'ultimate flame throwing frisbee champion 5000'.

Signed,
Tristy!

P.S. We should hang out sometime!"
Opening his mailbox that had to be re-affixed to his door (by which is meant, he had to hot glue and duct tape it on), Rumble catches a strong whiff of gunpowder lingering on one of the letters. He knew this had to either be Jinx or Tristana's letter. Picking it up, he prayed for the latter. He didn't have anything against Jinx but he was a bit wary of her.

'She has more loose screws than Tristy!' He thinks. 'not that Tristy has...loose....eh'

He reads the 'from' section and his heart flutters a bit.

'...Tristana!'

Holding the letter with a vice like grip, he darts into his room and locks the door behind him. What does this mean? Did she mean she's coming now? Or later? Should he send a note? What should he say? Should he deliver it in person? No wait that'd be stupid. Maybe he should just talk to her in person instead of a letter...?

Rumble's mind is racing. He starts hyperventilating and dives across his draft table in an effort to grab the first paper bag he sees. Managing to knock everything off his table in the least-stylish manner, he puts the bag to his mouth and breathed only to realize the bag contained some month old take-out food he never threw out. Suddenly the bag contains not only spoiled food but the contents of his stomach as he vomits his lunch up.

Things are only getting worse.

Now that he smells like vomit and moldy take-out, his room is messy (well messier than it was), and he's on edge, Rumble decides to quickly send out a letter just in case she was on her way here. He had to make preparations after all...as well as hygiene effects...and maybe a confidence boost would be good...

"Ugh..." he utters, bent over a piece of paper, scribbling with a stubby pencil bit.

Hi Trist!

I've been great!
(Thats a lie. He's been terrible.)
How's things with you? I watch you in the League battles sometimes. ('Does that sound creepy?' He wonders)
You're really great with that cannon. You should show me how to shoot it sometime! I can show
you how to control my robot in return!
(Another lie. No one can control that death trap.)
I'd love to hang out ('Does that sound too desperate..?' he, again, wonders)
I can't tonight though...I'm not feeling too well (that one was true. he'd just thrown up and he had proof.)
But I really want to! You should pick a time for us (was he putting too much pressure on her to plan? uh oh)

--Rumble

With the grace of an epileptic inch-worm, Rumble slithers over to his door and crams the letter underneath the doorway, hoping the mail collector will see it. He then lays there, face down in his carpet at the foot of his door, as the fumes of his bile that was still caked a bit around his mouth starts making him nauseous again. In this state, he decides, was the best metaphor for his inability to operate properly with Tristana in mind.

'Oh god what am I going to say when I have to go talk to her in person?' He laments

'...'

"
Ughhhh......"

Poop Tickler Jr

11-19-2013

Trist quickly sends out another letter.

"Dear Rumble,

You didn't really answer my question, but I guess I'll just ask it again when I see you.

I don't really have a lot to do for the next couple days so, whenever you're not busy and feeling better, let me know!

Or I could come take care of you, y'know, soup 'n stuff, long as it's nothin' bad that'll get me sick too. I don't know.

I'll pass on learning how to use your suit, I'll survive with just my cannon well enough!

-Tristy

P.S. Lulu gave me tons of cupcakes if you'd like some, too."

Rumble n Tristy

11-19-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ask Tristana View Post
Trist quickly sends out another letter.

"Dear Rumble,

You didn't really answer my question, but I guess I'll just ask it again when I see you.

I don't really have a lot to do for the next couple days so, whenever you're not busy and feeling better, let me know!

Or I could come take care of you, y'know, soup 'n stuff, long as it's nothin' bad that'll get me sick too. I don't know.

I'll pass on learning how to use your suit, I'll survive with just my cannon well enough!

-Tristy

P.S. Lulu gave me tons of cupcakes if you'd like some, too."
'The mail system here at the institute is certainly speedy', Rumble thought as he picked up another letter from his long time friend. After washing up a bit and restoring a little bit of his room, he was feeling somewhat more at ease. At least enough to think coherently but reading over the letter he saw that she noticed he hadn't answered her inquery about his battle mech. Even though it wasn't subtle, Rumble secretly hoped she wouldn't notice the absence.

Dear Tristana

I'm feeling a bit better now. I think Twitch got into the cafeteria food again but its nothing that serious.
Its just some stomach ache is all. I'll be revved up and ready to go tomorrow! I mean if you don't have anything else to do...

--Rumble

P.S: Cupcakes sound great!

Ask the Herald

11-19-2013

Quote:
Dear Viktor,

You don't have to apologize for calling me the MM. I kinda like it actually. Anyway, you can call me Rumble. It's my name isn't it?

Also, sorry for, uh, assuming you were going to steal my ideas...We inventors can never be too sure right?

--Signed
Rumble

P.S: Sure thing about the dropping by.

It didn't take long for another letter to arrive, as it seemed Viktor was rather quick to answer.

Quote:
To Rumble,

I will call you by name since you have clarified that it is fine. All I need to know now is when would you be alright having me visit? My schedule is rather open these days, so I am available to see you directly at any time of your convenience.

- Viktor

Rumble n Tristy

11-19-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ask the Herald View Post
It didn't take long for another letter to arrive, as it seemed Viktor was rather quick to answer.
Dear Viktor,

Anytime tomorrow is fine! I've also got a pretty open schedule so you can stop by anytime, really. I mean, I've got a few things I'm planning but I'm not all that involved in any of that yet.

--Signed
Rumble

Poop Tickler Jr

11-19-2013

Quote:
'The mail system here at the institute is certainly speedy', Rumble thought as he picked up another letter from his long time friend. After washing up a bit and restoring a little bit of his room, he was feeling somewhat more at ease. At least enough to think coherently but reading over the letter he saw that she noticed he hadn't answered her inquery about his battle mech. Even though it wasn't subtle, Rumble secretly hoped she wouldn't notice the absence.

Dear Tristana

I'm feeling a bit better now. I think Twitch got into the cafeteria food again but its nothing that serious.
Its just some stomach ache is all. I'll be revved up and ready to go tomorrow! I mean if you don't have anything else to do...

--Rumble

P.S: Cupcakes sound great!

Dear Rumble,

Great! So, uhh, when and where would you like to meet tomorrow? Or would you rather me just show up at your door at some random time in the day?

-Tristy"

12345612 ... 44