Rumble's Room (Ask Rumble)

1234511 ... 37
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Rumble n Tristy

11-16-2013

Rumble sits in his room. Scattered around him are broken bits and busted parts. His room looks almost like it does back at his home in Bandle City. He was never neat or organized to begin with, content to jumping from one pile of salvaged treasure to another in order to look through all the pieces he needs to build his inventions. A junkyard was a goldmine to him. What other people saw as society's decay and inefficiency lying in heaps, waiting for something to smash it all up, Rumble saw potential, innovation, and growth.The smell of oil was his perfume and he enjoyed waking up to it every morning (that is assuming he slept any at night instead of continuing to work well after dark),

Rumble sits in his room. He hopes to renew the spirit of Bandle City. He desires to be a figurehead for yordle pride amongst all the other yordles that saw fit to kiss the ring of their human masters. A pat on the head for their hardwork at Piltover's Yordle Academy of Science and Progress. He hated that and he especially hated Heimerdinger, the king of the sellouts. It wasn't that he hated humans in particular. He had plenty of human friends. He hated how Yordles were seen as too weak to stand on their own. He wanted something better for them.

Rumble sits in his room. He wasn't working on Tristy, the mech suit he was known for. That was in the a separate section of the Institution where everyone could work in a large area, in peace. He remembers how often Corki is down there, working on his plane. Nor was he drawing up more blueprints for other inventions or upgrades to install, although he had many ideas hanging on the wall or scattered on the draft table he was sitting at. Many half-made, many forgotten or redesigned plans.

No, he sits in his room, at the draft table, taking particular care with a sign for the front of his door. He had heard of other champions taking questions from the summoners to publish or discuss. This was a great opportunity to let his voice be heard, he thought. So instead of his innovative progress, Rumble sits working on the sign that says he's available, being extremely careful as he marks the letters on its face. It was coming across quite nicely, he thought. Finally, after hours of using his best possible calligraphy he was done. With a smile of accomplishment, he stands back to observe the masterpiece.

'Welcome esteemed champions and summoners alike! Please knock and I'll be with you shortly to answer any questions you have. Feel free to drop any letters in the accompanying drop-box on the door. I'll be sure to respond as quickly as I can.
--
Rumble'
"Yes...!" He exclaims, hands on his hips, satisfied. He walks back over to pick up the sign, but as he does so his arm accidentally knocks over the inkwell used to craft such elegance, blotting out the whole paragraph of poetry and with it, hours of agonizing work.

"Aw...."

BloatedBile

11-17-2013

dear rumble,

people recognize heimer's technology. what do you mean by a pat on the head? did the creator of blitzcrank get a pat on the head?

-bb

Rumble n Tristy

11-17-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by BloatedBile View Post
dear rumble,

people recognize heimer's technology. what do you mean by a pat on the head? did the creator of blitzcrank get a pat on the head?

-bb
Dear Mr.BB,

HEIMERD***BAG IS A NO-GOOD RATFACED SELLOUT B***ARD WHO'S A DISGRACE TO THE INGENUITY OF YORDLES EVERYWHER---

(Rumble stops, realizing he can't just badmouth other champions over letters being exchanged, no matter how correct he was. No, insults are reserved for direct person-person conversation. He balls up the letter and grabs a fresh piece of paper)

Dear Mr. BB,

I don't like Heimerdinger. He sells all his information back to the humans in one way or another specifically for false gratitude and shallow fame, doing nothing to provide for Yordles nor reversing the discrimination we face in other company. He's a d**chebag.

---Signed,
Rumble

(Rumble realizes that this letter was about as clean as he could force himself to make it.)

BloatedBile

11-17-2013

dear rumble,

how about the human creator of blitzcrank though? could you make something like blitzcrank? do you think yordle tech is better than human tech?

-bb

Rumble n Tristy

11-17-2013

Quote:
dear rumble,

how about the human creator of blitzcrank though? could you make something like blitzcrank? do you think yordle tech is better than human tech?

-bb
Dear Mr. BB

Human hextechnology and Yordle hextechnology both have their great qualities. Its not that I think humans can't achieve the same level of sophistication yordle engineers have achieved. I think they can but so far we as a people have not gotten the credit we deserve! Blitzcrank is actually a good example of what humans can achieve if they dont ride the coattails of us yordle scientists and inventors (although i think the guys that made him left a few screws loose if you know what i'm saying). But no, I wouldn't build something like blitzcrank even though I can. I just choose not to. Tristy's all the robot I need.

---Signed,
Rumble

BloatedBile

11-18-2013

dear rumble,

when did you first meet tristana?

-bb

Rumble n Tristy

11-18-2013

Quote:
dear rumble,

when did you first meet tristana?

-bb
Dear Mr. BB

Before I joined the league.

--Signed,
Rumble

Ask the Herald

11-18-2013

A letter would arrive for Rumble, bearing the seal of a thin arm bent up to form a 'V'.

Quote:
To the Mechanized Menace,

Did you choose that appellation, or did the League assign it to you? It seems rather negative for your image, in my opinion.

That was not the purpose of this letter. I am writing to you to inform you that I am not appalled at your attitude to Yordles such as the Revered Inventor, though at the same time I don't dislike them as much as you yourself seem to. If anything, I hold respect for every other inventor in the world, and wish them nothing but the best of luck in their future successes. Although most would see your tech as inferior in quality, including myself, that does not mean that it is not any less effective than anything else.

It would be an honor to be given the opportunity to speak to an inventor as ingenious and resourceful as yourself, to compare notes and see what difference there truly is between human and Yordle technology.

Sincerely,

Viktor the Machine Herald

Rumble n Tristy

11-18-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ask the Herald View Post
A letter would arrive for Rumble, bearing the seal of a thin arm bent up to form a 'V'.
"Um..." Rumble thinks to himself. He isn't sure if the the cyborg with the laser was insulting him or praising him. Maybe Viktor's letter shows progress in people's belief in yordle capability. Or maybe Viktor is mocking him, calling Tristy 'inferior', just like the other jerks he's had to deal with. Rumble notes this, intending to target the deranged scientist the next time they opposed each other just in case. But then again, maybe Viktor really liked Rumble's design and that this was an opportunity to spread his genius. Or maybe the foreigner wanted Rumble's special secrets! A spy!

After a while of considering and reconsidering the letter he holds in his hands, Rumble's head begins to hurt over the possibilities of Machine Herald's intent. maybe the best course of action was the most neutral, and to hope for the best with reservations to the worst...

...maybe?

Dear Viktor,

If you think my title as the MM is demeaning, why'd you address me with it?

For the rest of your letter, sure, as long as you don't try nothing. I can show you why I'm called the 'Steel Titan of Top Lane'!

--Signed
Rumble

Yes, the nickname he gave himself would surely impress the Zaunite. Rumble would have to remember to spray paint it on Tristy...

BloatedBile

11-19-2013

dear rumble,

did you two go to school together or something?

-bb

1234511 ... 37