Recommended Champions?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Wraithwall

12-19-2010

Hello everyone, I'm relatively new to the game, less than a week so yeah I'm still a noob. I've been looking into a lot of champions lately because I have a feeling if I don't unlock any champions I'm going to go crazy, I know the free champs change every week but nontheless, I want someone I can play whenever I want. However, I am a bit wary of using my IP to unlock a champ in fear that I may not like them very much.

anyway, back to my main point. I know there are the different types of champs such as tanks, fighters, assassins, etc. Then there are also the sort of "tags" for each champion, such as tough, or recommended. So my question is this, when I look at the recommended champs it's quite the odd bunch, so what exactly does it mean by recommended? Also, when a champ is "tough" bu not considered a tank, but still has average health does that mean they can still take somewhat of a beating? Sorry if any of these questions seems silly.

P.S. I apologize if any of this has been asked before. Also, further explanation of the tags such as tough, recommended, and any others would be highly appreciated.

Thank you all for your time. :]

xpsychedelico

12-19-2010

The recommended champions are tagged by Riot as champions that are easier to pick up and master compared to the rest. They tend to include a variety from each champion type so new players can find champions that are not too difficult to master but still fulfill a role that their team needs.

Wraithwall

12-19-2010

Oh ok thanks, I figured that was the case but I wasn't 100% sure. If anyone can answer my other questions that would be great.

xpsychedelico

12-19-2010

Well, regarding unlocking champions, I recommend you try the ones that are free every week first. These free champions rotate every week, so you will eventually be able to try all the champions out without unlocking them. This is the best way to figure out what champions you like and are good at best, and helps prevent and regrets in using IP to purchase them.

If there are certain characteristics of the champions that are free that you like, but you don't enjoy their entire skillset, you could post a thread here asking for champions that share similar abilities to what you like, and the community can direct you towards a champion that you might like better.

Wraithwall

12-19-2010

Thank you very much. :] I suppose I'll just have to be patient, I've got about 6k IP (slightly more but whatever) and people have told me to save my IP for runes in the later levels.

divine faithborn

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

12-19-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wraithwall View Post
Thank you very much. :] I suppose I'll just have to be patient, I've got about 6k IP (slightly more but whatever) and people have told me to save my IP for runes in the later levels.
I would recommend against saving your IP for runes at later levels. This is assuming that they want you to wait for the t3 runes though, and not just ignoring the t2 runes.

t1 runes are about 1/10th the price of t3 runes and provide about 1/2 the benefit. Buy t1 runes as you level up and skip the t2 runes. Then slowly update your runepages with t3 runes.

Also, some of the champions are dirt cheap, i.e.: 450 ip champions. you can make that in about four games.

Wraithwall

12-19-2010

Are t2 runes really that pointless? I suppose I could invest in some t1 runes then. Yeah I was looking into 450 IP champs I'm just hesitating to buy anyone.

ShadyGrave

12-19-2010

yeah t2 are pretty much not worth getting. if you dont want t1 runes you can easily skip to t3. i did it that way, and it didnt really hinder me at all. not everyone is going to buy runes i feel, so you dont lose out too much. its more preference i feel. the 450 champs are cheap and solid characters to use.

Wraithwall

12-19-2010

Ok cool, thanks for letting me know, I suppose it wouldn't hurt to invest in some t1 runes then.

Also the champ pricing seems a bit odd, people say the more expensive they are the harder to master, but the difficulty rating on a few champs says otherwise, I've seen higher difficulty champs have lower prices than some of a lower difficulty. I know the champs are balanced so I'm not worried about that, I just can't for the life of me figure out who I want. Also waiting to play all the champs seems like it would take so long if I just went the route of the 10 free champs per week. I thought about using riot points to unlock champs in bundles but I'm pretty broke right now. x_x

NecroticBinder

12-19-2010

Now I'm still new, but I've found teemo to be effective. And by new I mean I started yesterday.