Yasuo/Yone

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Devestationx

11-14-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spada Lunga View Post
I've heard lot's of people asking, and I'm curious what Riot's thoughts are. Whether or not we get one, are they worried about backlash from raising the bar too high? Or do they not care because a music video just fit Jinx so well?
Then again does a Music Video fit a samurai? Id be satisfied with a 15 minute animation of him dueling the heck out of some other champion. But I suppose we will wait and see

Wezz

11-14-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yagudo Acolyte View Post
I think they're going to introduce Irelia's brother instead.
I was almost hyped by the art

Zelos pls

TheBombshock

11-14-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wezz View Post
I was almost hyped by the art

Zelos pls
It's sad to me that they had this samurai character already invented for Irelia's lore and they decided to release a completely different samurai instead. This probably means we'll never get Zelos. Sigh.

Edit: Especially because this lore resembles Irelia/Zelos too much, and if they're releasing Yone as well, there's no hope.

HayabusaZero

11-14-2013

Quote:
I agree with u/Frickin Adorable. I think the next champion will be either Yone or Yasuo. It is possible that later they may release the second brother as a champion, as they did with Draven and Darius.

I honestly think Riot is more likely to repeat the past with two champions than create a split personality.
^ This. I think we'll have two champs, Yone and Yasuo, released back to back. I hope this story is based on the legend of the katanas of Muramasa and Masamune, where Yone has a more passive/defensive style of kendo while Yasuo is a agressive/offensive swordsman with crazy skills (since his brother said "He had abilities that could surpass the masters of the past").

Either way, i'm really happy to have a Samurai champ on LoL, especially since i'm a fan of japanese culture (and already own all of the Ninjas xD).

Devestationx

11-14-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by HayabusaZero View Post
^ This. I think we'll have two champs, Yone and Yasuo, released back to back. I hope this story is based on the legend of the katanas of Muramasa and Masamune, where Yone has a more passive/defensive style of kendo while Yasuo is a agressive/offensive swordsman with crazy skills (since his brother said "He had abilities that could surpass the masters of the past").

Either way, i'm really happy to have a Samurai champ on LoL, especially since i'm a fan of japanese culture (and already own all of the Ninjas xD).
Would be awesome to intergrate the Muramasa and Masamune, Time to grind IP again.

Frickin Adorable

11-14-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devestationx View Post
Would be awesome to intergrate the Muramasa and Masamune, Time to grind IP again.
Only if building Muramana on them is core.

Guiotine

11-14-2013

Quote:
I've heard lot's of people asking, and I'm curious what Riot's thoughts are. Whether or not we get one, are they worried about backlash from raising the bar too high? Or do they not care because a music video just fit Jinx so well?
They said a lot of times that Jinx's music video was created because it fit her, and we would probably not be getting another one unless it fit that champion as well. I believe they will try some other format to sell Yasuo's lore. Hopefully it will be something different from the journals they did for Liss/Aatrox/Zac

Spada Lunga

11-14-2013

bump

PentaPuss

11-14-2013

Quote:
Another note: With the turbulent nature of Elise's release, Riot is probably less likely to release another transform champ so soon.
You could say the same about Jayce and Nid to some extent.

I feel like the message is pretty straight forward. There could be some wild conspiracy, however, historically Riot has been pretty obvious. Besides, the whole 'two characters, one champion,' idea was already used with Quinn. I have to agree with others that we're most likely going to get another pair of champions that are siblings.

The real question; will they use energy?

Spada Lunga

11-14-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuRo View Post
You could say the same about Jayce and Nid to some extent.

I feel like the message is pretty straight forward. There could be some wild conspiracy, however, historically Riot has been pretty obvious. Besides, the whole 'two characters, one champion,' idea was already used with Quinn. I have to agree with others that we're most likely going to get another pair of champions that are siblings.

The real question; will they use energy?
I wonder if one will use energy, and the other not? All of the ninjas have used energy, in addition to the blind monk, but Yi is a swordsman, and uses mana. A samurai, in real life, is closer to a swordsman than a ninja is.