YONE new chamion not Yasuo

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

arkhammer

11-14-2013

I'm pretty sure the champion in the bottom picture is of Yasuo, obviously a male, and an expert swordsman (as evidenced by him balancing the seed on his sword. I'm also pretty sure he'll be released as "Yasuo, the Unsheathed Sword." But he won't be the next champion.

The next champion will likely be Yone, the narrator, who I believe will be a female, and who will most likely be a support. (Riot loves female supports, and if we look at the silhouette in the first image (may or may not be Yone), it looks very feminine.) We know this because of what she says initially about working with her brother: "The true challenge lies in teaching him not to kill." This indicates pacifism, support, healing, diffusion, etc. The other inference I draw that she'll be support is when she says "Were it not for my actions, I wonder if he would have been swept down this dark path...At first light tomorrow, I set out to capture a sword without a sheath: my brother Yasuo." Both of the bolded parts indicate that she did not harm him or, obviously, kill him to "stop him," and she isn't setting out to stop her brother. She's out to capture him. Again, indicating a more peaceful means of stopping him. Peaceful means = support, at least that's what makes the most sense.

And since the story leaves with Yone setting out to capture her brother, it makes sense that we'll be following Yone's story first, not Yasuo's.

Sodaspree

11-14-2013

Go to the comment section for the sneak peak at Surrender at 20.

Moobeat says his kit not her kit.

The next champion in Yasuo. Stop trying so hard.

Edit: For the guy above me, Riot said quite a while ago that there would be no more supports for 2013.

Arcane Ezreal

11-14-2013

Just because it's written by yone doesn't mean it is yone, look at Jinx's preview, vi wrote it.

Also, Yasuo is the sword without a sheath not yone.

BrightNooblar

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-14-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sodaspree View Post

Edit: For the guy above me, Riot said quite a while ago that there would be no more supports for 2013.
Quote:
The story is told from the perspective of Yono who tells us of his brother Yasuo.
From the very first line of the page you're referancing. This proves only that 'yono' is a male. Meaning that 'his kit' could means Yono's, or Yasuo's kit

HawksGoCAW

11-14-2013

Was so excited when ZAC Researcher was going to be released.

Cantris

11-14-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sodaspree View Post

Who said they were releasing the next champ in 2013?
We waited like what, a month and a half after Lucian's teaser?

BillXie

11-14-2013

Take Jinx and Lucian as example, Lucian's champion preview information written by Lucian himself, and Jinx's preview written by Vi. So, this two piece new champion release information all give exactly clue that new champion would be Lucian and Jinx. However, the newest champion preview, Yasuo, it is written by someone named Yone, and this Yone is not a exist champion in league. Somehow it looks like do not make any sense. And this post come out you guys keep arguing who will be the new champion. But in my opinion, why not Riot release two champion at same time? As the first new champion in S4, why there is no possibility that Riot will release two new? So I think maybe later Riot will release two champion, who are brothers, Yone and Yasuo. Moreover, even it only one new champion, maybe this champion is Yone but also can be Yasuo in the same time, multiple personality. Just like Nid, Jayce and Elise, his ult is to change form/person, like before ult, he is Yone, and have some certain abilities; after ult, he become Yasuo,and got a totally different abilities. Everything is possible, guess just wait for more information.
sorry for bad English.

Burt Reynolds

11-14-2013

If riot has any respect left for lore or champion motivation for joining the league then only one of two things can happen. First option: they do a simultaneous release of both champs, and while that might seem crazy because riot hasn't done that ever (except for when the game came out) they've had a recent track record of doing new things such as releasing a music video with a champ, announcing finals in Korea, rereleasing limited edition skins, etc. Option two: they release Yasou before Yone. The reason for this is because Yone is chasing after Yasou so it makes zero sense that Yone would join the league before Yasou. Regardless this is based on Riot giving a **** about lore which I'm not really sold on .

I Love Anime

ScruffyScruffs

11-14-2013

Ezreal wrote about Aatrox, I guess that means Ezreal was the release champion.

0/10