Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Undeath, Terror and Acid Hunters: Let's talk Urgot

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

jackspades

11-14-2013

Hi all,

I have been playing a lot with Urgot, recently. I find his kit extremely fun to play and very concise, defining his playstyle and strong aspects.

In my opinion, what defines him is the missile lock ability, together with damage reduction and armor penetration. It feels very rewarding to hit his E and follow some Q's on the enemy, seeing his health bar decreasing fast, even though you didn't build that much of damage. I also like his dueling power. It feels awesome when the enemy Rengar jumps on you thinking you're an easy prey like Caitlyn or Ezreal, but you can actually outdamage and kill him.

What frustrates me when playing Urgot is:

• lack of mobility - Vayne, Quinn, Sivir, Graves, Caitlyn, Miss Fortune, Jinx, and maybe others can easily avoid my poke just walking out of my locked Q range. Moreover, when swapping positions with an enemy with my ultimate, I have to rely on flash to feel safe in a teamfight. I feel it has very specific usage, way more than Quinn's tag team, for example. This leads to either running out of mana repeating the combo over and over or moving forward to hit more acid hunters, taking aggro from the enemy minion wave and putting yourself in a very risky position.
  • lack of sustain - Because he is a AD caster, I cannot benefit from life steal quints (gotta by spell vamp ones, but it is too expensive to use only on Urgot) or the vampiric scepter/bloodthirster. Because of that, I have problems staying in lane for longer. (at least his build path is mostly based on long swords)
Other than that, I really like Urgot's kit and how each of his abilities synergises well with the others.

I am certainly looking forward to play with the new Urgot!

The Sound

11-14-2013

I honestly enjoy the fact that Urgot is a wretched abomination out there to seek and destroy everything. His disgusting appearance I feel is warranted. There's not enough of it in the League, and he enhances the beauty of other character by simple contrast.

Gameplay wise, I honestly enjoy his kit as is. It actually synergizes pretty well, and a lot of his power comes from landing his E, which is a skillshot so there is some counterplay involved. The main point that bugs me about Urgot is that he's very close range but just about as squishy as an ADC unless he builds tanky items. 0 tankiness in his kit (aside from a weak shield) is mediocre for such a close ranged champion.

Like other have said though, his lock on Acid Hunter is definitely his defining characteristic. His ultimate is nice but is most often used to punish out of position opponents and is rather situational overall.

Best Furry NA

11-14-2013

MEDDLER!

At one point I loved Urgot. I tried maining him. I tried, and tried, and tried. I DOMINATED early.

But I stopped after... Realizing something. You can be legendary. 12-0. Your impact after 35 minutes is MINIMAL.

Here's what I enjoyed:

-Massive power early
-Great ranged harass
-PASSIVE is amazing for being an "anti carry" (please keep it or something like it). Having damage reduction is amazing and unique.
-Clear counterplay (by those who know his kit)-- dodge his E, and it's easier to duel him
-Amazing ult (after 6 when the range is boosted. Let's be real)
-Clear weaknesses (falls off, mana hungry)
-Variable build (core of BC/Muramana and+or Iceborn, then situational)
-Ability to top/mid/adc/even jungle

Here's what I hated:
-Completely, utterly worthless post 35 minutes. He has his ult, his damage reduction, but it's simply not enough. Even when built for it, his damage is low, and as a full tank, after that... Now what?
-I cant stress the above enough
-Before the change, I hated how you had to memorize his Q distance; that was a great QOL buff
-Rank-ups on W/E dont feel significant. What I mean by this is, J4 levels up his Q, the Armor Pen is noticeable. Big time. His E, you notice a great AS boost. I think, believe it or not, that is comparable/contrastable here, where if you level up his W/E... The slow/Armor Pen just doesnt feel like it's enough. You dont feel rewarded.
-NO ON HIT ON Q. Seriously! If he could proc Sheen on his Q, that'd be AMAZING! It doesnt have to Crit, Lifesteal, or anything. Just let it apply Sheen, possibly Red Buff (jungle Urgot plz), etc.

Hope this helps; tell me watcha think?

starkey xxx

11-14-2013

Would it be awful if his Q had low or no base damage and 100% AD scaling? If you let it crit and apply on-hits then he'd have significantly less brutal level 7/9 and much better late game scaling. There's nothing strange about lock on auto attacks and he could keep the extreme range in return for the skillshot hitting requirement. His base range could still be very low, as it is now.

Robo19

11-14-2013

Alrighty urgot;

I'm not fond of the abilities as current adc skills and such are much more satisfying where as his abilities either feel useless or broken overpowered and here is why I feel that is:

passive - (Innate): Urgot's autoattacks and Acid Hunter reduce all damage that his target deals by 15% for 2.5 seconds.

Q - Acid hunter - this is both his signature skill but also the CORE of his problems; shooting a skill shot with strong AD burst (and a hefty ratio for AD) made his gameplay unique and interesting rather than a "poke-em-down" skill like Sivir or Cait, this ability felt more like the heart of his damage.
Well a 1-target skill shot isn't appealing and honestly sucks for an ADC, so you combine this skill with Noxian Corrosive Charge(E)[NCC for short]; this turned the skill shot into an extremely long range target ability that made urgot finally feel like he could do something but to play against felt very one sided, counterplay felt non-existent!

Over time urgot's Q has been crippled to cost more and more, altered CD, and finally the over damage output.
If urgot cannot land his NCC[E], his whole gameplay becomes very dull for 15-11 seconds while NCC cools down.
If urgot can land NCC, it's a short window to take advantage of and unfortunately is countered fairly easily with modern ADC kits (really any escape seems to do that trick) where as Urgot lacks ANY form of mobility!

His W is great concept but putting a shield/defensive ability like that on an ADC seems rather out of place and feel he could use power in something more generic to his "marksman" label.

NCC again is a great ability but to me it feels a lot like Twitch's E, intending to overall nerf and setup other abilities for stronger plays. (Urgot feels a little TOO attached to this skill unlike Twitch) plus the animation seems a lot like twitch's E as well...

R - This ability feels HORRIBLY out of place; new ult!
1. Positioning is everything for ADC and if all teams are constantly moving, you can't afford to stand still and not do your job as marksman to relocate yourself and enemy.
Don't get me wrong this ability has opened some amazing plays but overall I feel his ult doesn't help URGOT much at all. Especially considering Urgot's lack of mobility it really gives the opponent a better shot at getting away than Urgot being cause out of position.
Hands Down This has to go!

I would like to see unique ADC attributes like Urgot but less skill defendant, give him something that really feels like POWER! (Possibly give him a stack system to use a super-ult like Darius)
I like unique but it's hard to make a unique marksman that's not "better than all" or "worse than all", give him more markman attributes and define strengths and weaknesses better for an overall place.

Sorry for length.

Mecha Courage

11-14-2013

Finally... It's about time a red made a thread about Urgot.

His kit is fine as it is except the W, an AP-scaling shield on an AD caster is just meh.
remove the shield all-together or switch is to bonus AD ratio (Last resort). If you were to remove it, put in Guardian's horn esque ability, move speed, armor and mr, reduced the cooldown based on enemy casts. I think it would give him more survivability in teamfights, which is needed considering what his ult requires him to do.w

Q+E combination is what makes Urgot unique, so leave that. I believe if you take that away he loses his role as a lane bully (Which he absolutely needs to retain if you keep his AA range as abysmal as it is now).

Now the big one, his ultimate. For the most part it is fine, useful as an engagement and a catching tool.

Maybe you take into consideration the big picture here.

I don't believe Urgot should be recreated as an Marksman. To do so would be condemning him to a life of never being picked simply because he has such a small AA range. He should undoubtedly be reworked with the top lane in mind. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE don't make him another boring ADC, when an AD bruiser is clearly better thematically.

TheFrozenIsles

11-14-2013

Why I'm not very good at this game. I thought I give my two cent about him as well.

what is it that appeals to you about him?= First I just love the way he looks. Those four robot spider legs and arm cannon is just so cool in my head. Him being one of your few ugly champs really help. Another thing that made me like him was some of his lines and voice. His Taunt's,joke and a few other just sound so great to me.

Which of his abilities define what it's like to play Urgot for you?= I say it more is passive abilities then any thing less. I mean he can reduce all damage, slow,reduced armor and move them a enemy right into you team.All I'm a big fan of his E&Q combo. I just like how it works.

When playing as Urgot are there things that feel unnecessarily difficult to do or ineffective?= Dont really now how to say this one but I come right out. I dont like how he is so post to be a Marksman and a Tank. You need damage to do your job but do to his short range and his R he have to build tank as well. It all so dont help that the only thing that help him in the middle of a fight is a AP abilitie.

Chikra

11-14-2013

undeath terror and acid hunters now facing a fed akali aside lets talk wait what was i talking about BAH ill remember later

Yorgie

11-14-2013

Urgot is about making your opponent die a painful death.

Urgot is about letting them know you want to hurt them.

Urgot is about broadcasting your lack of remorse.

Urgot is about hatred for all that is good and living.

Urgot is not about fighting fair.

Urgot needs a close-range AA animation wherein he uses his stabbing hand.

Locked-on Acid Hunters should slow briefly like Trundle's Chomp, so Terror Capacitor can be replaced with something more thematic.

Hyper-Kinetic Position Reverser does not fit Urgot's theme.

Edit: Downvoter, if I find you, i'll make you wish you were dead.

RoboNinja

Recruiter

11-14-2013

Urgot is the only marksman I play. I'm pretty bad at marksmen in general, but Urgot is different. I like the fact that I can hold my own and most often win bot lane despite not knowing how to play marksmen, and then transition into a lategame tank so the rest of my team can carry. If you keep anything, please keep him a viable tank or fighter.

Other than that, I hate his early game. You Q about 5 times and you're out of mana for the lane. He's pretty weak until he gets a tear. After that he's a lot of fun and he feels quite strong in my opinion.