Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Undeath, Terror and Acid Hunters: Let's talk Urgot

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

HeyLPG

11-14-2013

He fits the role of tanky ADC rather well. The problem is that he's mainly a CASTOR. Which is actually really cool. But you guys took away that coolness.

Zaun-Touched Bolt Augmenter (Passive): Make it so his autos and Acid Hunter apply a scaling damage reduction dot that STACKS up to a certain percentage. Make it the strongest early game(not too strong) since Urgot has ALWAYS been a strong early game laner.

Acid Hunter (Q): Revert the changes. There was no reason to weaken this ability in the first place. This was his coolness.

Terror Capacitor (W): Skill is pretty good on its own but could do without the AP scaling. AD would be a mistake (cough Riven) so maybe make it scale off of a percentage of Urgot's bonus HP to support players to build tanky items on him since that what makes Urgot a unique pick.

Noxian Corrosive Charge (E): Change the armor reduction to an Armor Pen gaining Passive. Take away some of the initial damage though to compensate.

Hyper-Kinetic Position Reverser (R): The other coolness ability and why it's good to build resistances and health on Urgot. Vengeful Spirit in DOTA has this ability except she's able to select allies as well, putting her in a more support role. Urgot isn't a support so what might be necessary is too either improve this ultimate by giving Urgot more resistances(not advised) or just scrapping it and giving him a new ultimate entirely that supports his strengths. Which are being beefy and strong.

Hopefully this helps you Meddler/Riot to enhancing the most beautiful champ in the league. I own all of his skins and look forward to whatever you do with him. Just please don't nerf him out of the game again. That hurts.

The Core Augur

11-14-2013

His lock on is integral. That must be kept.

I find his passive to be lackluster. I understand it's probably incredibly powerful, but there's no visual and I'm... not aware it's on, half the time, though it obviously is.

Maybe give his shield an AD ratio. Keep the slow effect.

For his ult, instead of literally forcing him into the middle of a scrim, maybe give it functionality that displaces an enemy member only, moving them a set distance in a certain direction after a small suppress. Removing the defense because Urgot won't be in the thick of things. This way, his ult, while powerful, is limited. This also means that Urgot immediately doesn't have to blow Flash to escape, or crab-scuttle his ass out.

It's also easier to respond to then Urgot suddenly being in the middle.

CynicalGiant

11-14-2013

Urgot's lock in needs to be kept in because that is what MAKES Urgot, but everything else is just kinda bland. Even then, I think there should be more gameplay and counterplay tied to it because once he lands the E he just spams Qs and zones everyone. His ult is also really fitting for Urgot thematically and lore wise but right now he doesn't have any reason to want to be in the middle of a team. It feels a lot better to use it to throw your big ugly self into the crowd rather than catch one person out.

His passive is just too much invisible power to be left in. It is incredibly powerful from a statistical perspective but it doesn't feel powerful and is rather destructive when it is effective.

From a thematic point of view Urgot is 4 things:
- A Bully that never knows when to stop. He is incredibly cruel and obscure.
- A walking weapons arsenal that appeals to people because he is essentially a living tank man and is also just plain self hating. (Love his voice)
- His gameplay should reflect how scary he looks. You should see Urgot and want to run away in more ways than just his physical appearance. I should fear Urgot because he is going to rip me open, put me back together and then rip me open again AND because he looks like that.
- Urgot has taken A LOT of beatings in his life and never knows when to quit AND he is quite literally a living tank. His gameplay should reflect this and he should be naturally tanky and be really hard to kill.

Urgot's basic attack animation is kinda lame and the projectile is really pathetic. It is a plasma canon that shoots little green balls? What? The animation makes him look like he is shooting something really powerful but in reality it just looks like he is a little kid trying really hard to throw a heavy bowling ball but only gets it a few feet.

Also, Urgot needs lines for Jarvan and Garen.

In terms of gameplay, I think Urgot needs to be one of the strongest lane bullies in the game and then transition into a Tank. By transition I mean he falls off somewhat in Damage in the way that Renekton does. He goes from doing damage to messing with squishies.

Everything about Urgot's visuals and voice makes me want to love him and I am usually drawn towards this kind of awesomely grotesque character. In this game he is incredibly refreshing with all of the pretty boys running around and the perfect bodied champions in general. I am not a fan of his gameplay because I expect an undead weapons arsenal tank and I get a guy that cant decide if he is a bruiser or a carry.

RedCoinMedia

11-14-2013

I dont play him cause he to to scary

Zefnex

11-14-2013

Quote:
Meddler:
If you play Urgot, what is it that appeals to you about him, both in terms of theme and gameplay? Which of his abilities define what it's like to play Urgot for you? If you don't play Urgot, are there particular reasons you're not interested in doing so?

Probably more than anything, his aesthetic. Urgot is the ugliest sack of **** shambling around the Fields. He looks terrible and his voice sounds like somebody vomiting into a synthesizer. The only comparable champion was pre-VU Trundle.

Urgot should be cool. He's like 'The Million Dollar Man' gone awfully wrong. They had the technology, so they rebuilt him - into a godless killing machine with no hands. Think about it. Urgot can't care for himself in any human capacity. The only thing he's capable of doing is laying waste to anybody he can get within range. His arms have been replaced with a missile launcher and a plasma cannon; he throws grenades filled with acid at his enemies. Urgot has one thing left: hate.

Quote:
When playing as Urgot are there things that feel unnecessarily difficult to do or ineffective?

Ineffective? Pretty much everything. His auto-attack is terrible, his shield is laughable, the hit-box on his Q is incredibly chunky (which makes it hard to hit people near minions), and his ultimate is misplaced. If Urgot is an AD Caster, why does his shield scale on AP? If Urgot is an AD Carry, why does his ultimate put him (potentially) into the enemy team? If Urgot is a tank, why does his Acid Hunter scale on Attack Damage? If he were redesigned with modern sensibilities in mind, given a cohesive role identity, and AD scaling across the board ala Riven, he could be fine. As it is, he's a mess.

Urgot doesn't do anything in particular, let alone do it well. Frankly, he sucks, and there is no reason to play him over any other champ in the game for any role whatsoever. He cannot out-tank, out-cast, or out-shoot anybody. It's not an issue, like Karma, of 'difficult to utilize'. His skillset is a miss-matched collection of ideas that don't work together at all.

Manifest Omen

11-14-2013

Urgot is just an AD cassiopeia

Chikirin

Recruiter

11-14-2013

When I think of urgot, I think of his lock on skill, it's great, and a great concept, but I don't think it's enough to keep his damage output high enough to be on a team, especially with his short AA range. So I was thinking, what if when he's locked on he shoots spikes instead of missles, and the spikes stick to the target, and once autoattacked, it takes away one spike and does a certain amount of true damage. This way urgot can have a decent amount of damage, and build tank(as he normally does because of the nerfs). This can also punish tankier opponents that can just stay in lane and tank the Q shots even when targeted.

Pokeprof

11-14-2013

Honestly, the thing I like most about Urgot was that he basically flew in contrast to what is normal for league. He was a tanky ranged champion who, when played correctly, could dish out some serious damage. He was very much a character who was there to initiate for teams and be used as a psudo tank, able to still hit from scary ranges thanks to Acid hunter while being durable as hell to take down.

The problem is, and the reason why you guys nerfed him, is that when played at the best of skill, Urgot kinda crowds out other ranged, as his damage scaled insanely, he was tanky as hell thanks to his normal item set up. His damage was inescapable if he landed his nades, and he has one of the most powerful ultimate abilities in the game because it screws with the one thing that can determine a match above all else: Position.

My thoughts on him is that he needs to be put into a proper position of being able to do one good thing, instead of being so powerful in all respects. I'd honestly like to see him move towards a more tanky role, either that of a bruiser or full tank, instead of a Marksman where he'd probably need a lot of changing to make sure he plays nice with the other marksmen.

CynicalGiant

11-14-2013

Quote:
RedCoinMedia:
I dont play him cause he to to scary

The scariness is what makes him appealing to all who do though. I just wish the fear people get from hearing his voice and seeing his body would translate to his gameplay. You should fear Urgot for many reasons not just because he looks ugly. You better hope to god that you look even remotely as "good" as Urgot does after he is finished mutilating your entire being several times.

Glaan

11-14-2013

as mentioned before hi E+Q combo is integral to his identity.

someone mentioned making his Locked-on Acid Hunters apply on-hit affects.

would help promote the "land the slow moving Skill Shot to do max damage" without letting people just spam his Q at whatever happens to be there.

things I really like about Urgot: his fantasy (giant zombie crab cyborg with sadisticly fantastic weapons)
the unique nature of his Ult.
his comboing with his abilities, you can't just spam your main damage ability without repercussions.
his AD caster like nature versus being a traditional Carry.

things I dislike: the range on his Rank 1 Ult, you end up basically being beside the people anyways,
how useless his auto attacks feel (which is a pretty good hallmark for AD casters) if he is to be a carry.
his abysmal range for said auto attacks.
his lack of multiplicative scaling if he is to be a Carry. make it so AD Carry items work with him, or make him a stronger AD caster/bruiser thing, kind of like a ranged renekton.

as a Note: I was drawn to him by how frightening he looked, and the fact that I love AD casters, and he was a nice representation of what I thought an AD caster should be (ranged mage-like character that scales with AD instead of AP. all the other AD casters seem to be melee)

so On that note: I might like him more if you upped his Utility and the effectiveness of his E+Q combo. His ult is also far less detrimental to his team if he's in the "utility mage" category, especially since this means your team would have a traditional carry spot open, and can use Urgot to trade a mage for their carry, while keeping your carry in a safe spot.