Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Undeath, Terror and Acid Hunters: Let's talk Urgot

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Cuix

11-14-2013

Please keep Urgot's looks. We already had Trundle removed despite being told the "ugly" would stay; losing all of the monstrosity in this game will severely dampen its overall appeal.

TT31

11-14-2013

I used to play urgot a little a while back, I enjoyed his ability to lock-on acid hunter. though his shield, and his ult were kinda out of place. If i recall he was "Supposed" to be an Anticarry. but he lacked alot of damage to be a successful late game, and his ult only proved REALLY useful in picking out an enemy thats out of position for your team to nom.

The Armor/magic resist boosts were decent, but your face still gets melted if your team is not coordinated enough. Long story short, his ult is good in competitive play, but seemingly useless in casual.

Perhaps his shield can be changed to give like a bonus Magic damage to his attacks and still adds slowing to his missle. this way he can also be kind of a threat to tanky builds as well if hes gonna be placed toplane bruiser/anticarry.

Cha Cha San

11-14-2013

The only thing I feel I really want Urgot to keep is his Q and E. I absolutely LOVE the lock on and spammability.

ZerglingOne

11-14-2013

You want Urgot to be viable? Allow his Q to crit like Parrrley, Double Strike, Alpha strike, and other recent AD skills. This will give him scaling he's never had and allow him to scale into late game better. Part of the problem with Urgot is the whole "why would I pick Urgot when I can deal damage with literally any other ranged AD character and stay relevant?"

Urgot has no inherent guaranteed multiplicative scaling in his kit like Vayne, Trist, Corki, Jinx, Twitch, or even Ashe with her guaranteed critical strikes and 100% up-time slow. He gets 20% armor reduction on one of the slowest skill shots in the game. This has almost no effect on softer targets, and he can't really blow the harder targets down anyway.

He has a shield, a reposition that often puts him in a worse place than he was before, and 2 damage skills that synergize, but don't matter in the slightest past the 20-30 minute mark.

If you build him tanky DPS, he stops mattering and you now lack a dedicated physical damage powerhouse, if you build him carry, he gets outscaled by -everyone- due to his short range and lack of a real steroid.

So give incentives to build him as a heavy damage dealer. Allow Acid Hunter to crit and apply on-hits when it's locked on and I think he'll be a perfectly viable pick.

Welshmiesta

11-14-2013

His Ult is the only possible form of mobility. I think either buffing the shield by making it scale with AD or increase the range on the ult is a good way to bring some life into ole' crabgot. He is just too easy to pin down and escape or poke. With the AA range he needs something akin to a gap closer. or at least a way to get into range of ADCs. The slow on the shield would be great if it was feasible to use. Urgot seems to be the anti-ADC and that is a great playstyle for him, but his current kit restricts those options.

As a top laner a couple number tweaks( better shield, small movespeed buff, bigger armor bonus on ult) he would be IMO viable again.

Could you find a middle ground in regards to lock on range? I used to play a lot of Urgot and his thing was the ability to focus carries in the backline, and that was it. Its a great thing. an awesome thing. A slightly OP thing. But the E range and the Q range nerfs totally killed his offensive capabilities. If you guys didnt like the old range lets find a fair middle ground.

xProR2D2x

11-14-2013

lol

xethik

11-14-2013

Urgot has a lot of combo inbetween his abilities, making him satisfying to play. Yes, your E combos well with your Q, clearly. But, your W and ult help you land that E and your Q can still be used to kite/chase without your E by toggling your W.

His passive looks so strong on paper. It is incredibly strong. It also has an incredibly subtle impact. You never barely win a duel and think: "Oh man, good thing my passive reduced his damage by X%, otherwise I would have lost!" Maybe after the fact, at the end of the game, but it's a passive that's hard to appreciate and feels a bit out of character. I'd compare it to old Draven passive. You can easily forget about it's impact. Yes, you know it is there. But do you know how much it is really doing?

Sometimes, when I play Urgot, it's hard to not think of him as a weaker Ezreal. Sure, it comes out of frustration, but when you compare the raw numbers on Urgot Q and Ezreal Q, for example, it's hugely in favor of Ez. Ratio, cooldown, utility, all that jazz. Two different champions with two different kits, obviously.

Another thing that feels awkward is the strength of CDR. Once you hit that ~34% CDR breakpoint, you can get another Q in during the E debuff. That's huge. Breakpoints like that make and break champions. It also means Urgot is a bit reliant on getting that CDR, hurting his early game. Obviously, he already has an immense early game, so no loss there. Though if this CDR reliance wanted to be smoothed, power could be taken out of his early game and have this change.

I think another question is where the line between bruiser and marksman is with Urgot. He doesn't have any inherent scaling with defenses, really, but the low ratio on his abilities, lack of additional scaling, and unsafe mechanics (low range, swap on ult) means he really should build tanky. And that feels right for the guy. He's a hulking crab-shotgunner. Do you want to raise his damage, though? Or maybe his safety? I feel like Urgot could benefit from a Nidalee-esque catform approach. He can sit back and deal damage for a bit out of range, but if he wants to really lay out the damage and be tanky, he has to sacrifice his range and get up in their face. Imagine if his ult reduced his ranged but steroided his defenses even more. Maybe a drain-like effect, akin to Trundle? He saps power from the enemy and just starts shooting everywhere. You'd have to make sure he's not too similar to Quinn, in that case.

Talon Silverwing

11-14-2013

Well I guess that means work on Fiora will be pushed back some more *sigh*.

On topic, I think Urgot's biggest problem is that his ult doesn't really have synergy with the rest of his kit. His non ult skills are all based around the poke from Q, you have the poke from his Q, E makes Q more reliable, and his shield makes your Q slow. And his R is this weird initiating ult that honestly feels like it would be better suited on a tank/support.

vasheenomed

11-14-2013

urgot has 2 directions they can really take him. if they make his more damage oriented, like an adc, I think they need to make his lock on's mean a little less but make them happen more often, or more consistantly. so imagine the skillshot range goes up the cooldown maybe goes down or stays the same, but if it hits it won't be as much damage. Make his damage more dependant on his ad in general, with slight bursts when he hits that... making him effectively a very good lane bully but not a pubstomper when fed.

if they make him tanky, he needs to be more distruptive, more slows and stuff, and he needs to consistantly have those slows... right now jumping into a group so you can do damage to them is not going to work... now... if he was IMMUNE to cc for like 2 seconds after the switch, then it would be a lot better but he is not

overall they need to figure out what they want him to be. either an adc or a disruptor/ranged bruiser

kettledekorn

11-14-2013

I have been playing urgot a lot and recently
he fits my play style and I really like his kit! (I'm too new to him to find the downsides so far so no comments on it)

The one thing I would like to request is that you remove his undead gray nipples

Thanks
KKorn