Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Undeath, Terror and Acid Hunters: Let's talk Urgot

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Mokkun

11-14-2013

At a very basic level, I think you need to decide if Urgot is a marskmen, or a ranged fighter, and push that at the expense of the other. The fact that people are still not entirely sure which it is causes people to do a lot of odd stuff, and I think in general feel unsatisfied when he doesn't fit what they think he is, because right now, he's kinda neither. (though I'd lean toward ranged fighter myself)

Urgot as I see him right now is a lane bully, an anti-carry, and an initiator. He needs to be tanky, but he needs to output damage. He's what we meant by tanky dps, back when we called things like J4 that.
He's frustrating because you spend your whole time being afraid of lock on, and he's scary once he hits 6, but most of that is in lane. Later on, he's only scary if he seems tough enough to survive the swap, and you can't qss it.

He is notorious for falling off later as a damage source, and that hurts when he's filling the slot your marskman goes in. Problem is, his solo laning is hampered by a lack of escapes. The only lane he's safe in is mid, but that's also a lane where he has a harder time lock on shield hunter spam for long enough, plus we tend to stick our AP damage there. (there are times when I wonder if he'd be better straight up as an AP champion)

Thus back to my original comment, he needs to either be more of a damage source, or a more obvious (and possibly effective) fighter.

Since my personal view of him isn't as a direct carry, but as an anti-carry, I'd rather see him get some love in surviving solo lanes, and outside of as a gimmick lane, or as something you use when you have an RADC somewhere else, stay out of the duo lane.

Furi Kuri

11-14-2013

Year or so later Riot finally gets to Urgot :/

Kevinxsenpai

11-14-2013

Urgot has filled my distaste for the marksmen role by bringing a piece of a bruiser to the lane. His build path steers completely opposite of marksmen and really sets him apart. Though his auto attack range is short, his lock on acid hunter really makes up for it. His shield does however feel very under whelming in the laning phase. The slow is nice, but the actual shield is barely noticeable. An increase on its base stat would help with that.

A unique part of Urgot is his dueling properties. Back at AllStars in China, DoubleLift used him in a couple games and really showed his strengths. Casually taking on two or more people before finishing them off with the help of his team. Urgot's passive along with his armor shredding corrosive charge really makes a force to be reckoned with. Throw in the free stats he gets for using his Position reversal and you become as durable as any top lane or jungler.

Some of his weaknesses i would say would be his high mana costs in early levels, making his poke/harrass/dueling very difficult. His low range making it hard for him to farm without putting himself at risk. His shield is lackluster in and out of lane. His ultimate is really a high skill move where it takes a lot of thinking to use it or not. Its a good ultimate to have when you're trying to catch somebody who is alone, but not so great if somebody dives onto you or you want to engage with it. You may be able to kill whoever you switch with, but you will most likely suffer as well. Much like at AllStars when DoubleLift switched with Ryze under turret, ultimately killing Ryze, but in return he died and their team lost a major chunk of damage.

As for his character model, i don't play champions on how they look (I'd be a Fiora main if i did). So I personally wouldn't take that into consideration.

In short, I love the "mindkiller".

noomph

11-14-2013

I like the lane power he has. Zoning you so hard bot lane with homing attacks and powerful low cooldown blades make him fun to play. also his ultimate can change a fight so much by ulting in and using randuins or something. He has a very specific playstyle and is a very special champ but his power spike takes far FAR too long.

matrinox

11-14-2013

I would like to see more counter play with Urgot. Yes, his E is a skillshot but once it lands it's just mash Q all day. Not much thought there. It'd be cool if it still was a skillshot and you have to choose a good angle. I'm thinking homing missile from Worms: choose a bad angle and it'll miss.

His ult is unique thought it is strange on a marksmen. I'd like to see more offensive capabilities to better match his look (and hatred). Why give him a shield? Give him some bad ass artillery. I think he should be the ad caster to Xerath, except less high range. That's also why I think his ult is awkward in his kit. Long range poke yet tanky and gets in the middle of a team fight after ult?

xXCFXx Avenger

11-14-2013

As an Urgot "main" I would like to humbly request that you do not change him in a major way. People don't play him because he has a high skill cap champ, and is a high risk/high reward champ. If you are going to change him, I would do it simply by pushing him slightly in the direction of a top laner or adc. Because I play him in both roles (and mid) and often catch flack by people saying he is the other. The absolute last thing I want to see is him being changed, gain a lot of attention, scrubs then get owned by him and take to the forums en mass, which leads to poor Urgot being nerfed back to the depths of tartarus.

Slashiroth

11-14-2013

rework him, i dont want to play a champ that looks like that

AlphaKiloGaming

11-14-2013

Frankly, I do not play him because his model is disgusting. The only time I have played him is in ARAM and I enjoy his play style. His kit was fun and I enjoyed playing an AD champion that used his Q as kind of an auto attack (That is the way I played him anyway) instead of just right-clicking and having him AA.

His ult is nice in concept but I have only seen Urgot played as adc in ranked and having your adc frozen in place and unable to attack is kind of counterproductive. Also, when you swap with your ult you are throwing yourself into the enemy team which gets you wrecked in a matter of seconds (Also very bad for an adc).

Please note that I do not have a ton of experience with Urgot and this is just my take on him and my post is probably completely wrong but I just wanted to toss in my two cents.

Ibuki Suika

11-14-2013

I dont like his voice or looks. That said! I know that you said this is about his gameplay not visuals, and also while I don't like his looks or sound I wouldnt want you to change him because some people obviously do...there are a lot of champs though that I love their kits but won't play because of their voice or looks (nidalee and new karma for example).

so sorry i dont have better feedback

Azhliay

11-14-2013

Quote:
Remuko:
I dont like his voice or looks. That said! I know that you said this is about his gameplay not visuals, and also while I don't like his looks or sound I wouldnt want you to change him because some people obviously do...there are a lot of champs though that I love their kits but won't play because of their voice or looks (nidalee and new karma for example).

so sorry i dont have better feedback

Tbh, I think that its good for the League to have a few Champions like Urgot. He's different from most champions in the league simply for being grotesque and the Voice is rather sinister. Having all of the champions pretty and pink lacks Diversity.

I actually liked the Pre Rework Trundle. Traditional Trundle now as it were. Didnt have enough IP to get him, but its a good model, and it suits him and his lore. Well old lore.