Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Bots in Dominion Issue (Not Co OP v A.I)

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Dmglol

11-13-2013

No not the A.I Bots. I normally only queue for dominion for the quick win of the day, but the past few days I've been queuing I've noticed a weird trend. I have noticed that at least 3 people with low level accounts will queue together and will act extremely weird.

They will build exactly the same items, in the same order, with the only difference between the builds is from the champs. So 3 builds, one for adc, one for ap, and one for bruiser champs. They will always pick ghost and heal as their summoners and their summoner icon will be the bear claw.

The players will never respond to any comments made in chat, and on top of this since they are actively "playing", badly I might add, it kind of makes it hard to win these matches since you can't really outpush the A.I bots like you can in SR.

Another issue that seems to be occurring in these games, is that I will continuously disconnect from the game. I have no other issues at all in any other map, but once I get placed in a game with these 3 players I have connection issues.

I was wondering if anyone else was having these issues or noticing anything similar. There are at least 6 different accounts from what I've seen so far.

Three of the accounts I am talking about are : Uglyduckbill92, BraveRotten60, and NavyGutsy41. You'll notice all their builds are almost the same. All their games are Co-op in dominion as well.

Reikken

11-13-2013

You say "Not Co OP v A.I", but... is this indeed in Co-op vs AI (where this is a known issue--there are at least two topics about it on the front page), or have the bots started infecting PvP games too?

naotasan

11-13-2013

Quote:
Reikken:
You say "Not Co OP v A.I", but... is this indeed in Co-op vs AI (where this is a known issue--there are at least two topics about it on the front page), or have the bots started infecting PvP games too?

I too would like to know this.

Pylair

11-13-2013

heh, i wonder if directing botters away from the other modes might be a reason they keep dom around.

Stez007

11-14-2013

They won't do anything about em, though. Too busy working on new game modes that they'll subsequently ignore.

redComet

12-15-2013

Currently in a Co-op A.I game with 4 BOTS on my team.. GG

Umbronox

12-15-2013

Yup I get an average of 2 bots on my team per game in Co-Op vs AI dominion. Besides what the original poster declared on trends of these bots, another thing I have noticed is the WordWord00 naming convention. Two words, both capatalized, followed by a 2 digit number. Frankly, I don't care that their botting. That's an ethical issue that's on their conscience. I do care, however, that the bots are just plain bad. It is a challenge, at times, to win an Intermediate game with 2 bots at times depending on the team composition. However it is not uncommon to see 3+ bots. I ,as well as people I know, have had games where they were the only human player and it is near impossible to win on these conditions. Riot needs to do something as people who are new to the game cannot use Co-Op Vs Ai Dominion to it's fullest extent. They need to address this issue and not just ignore. I'm sure they are aware of it but it would be nice to know that they officially are and are working to resolve this.

Dirtnap

Recruiter

01-08-2014

Dmglol specifically stated, "Not Co-op Vs AI", which means he was playing PvP. I too have queued dominion PvP on an account that is level 12 (not level 30 yet). I too have seen these bots. And there are indeed bots playing in PvP games. Not sure if someone is hacking by leveling bots, but it's definitely weird. I took the time to take a screen shot and I captured some of their names. Their names all have a pattern to them in that they have a compound name (two words) followed by a two-digit number. Here are the summoner names of some of the bots I played against: ColtLeft58, LosCat64, MonkeySleep58, TasySuper53, RuthlessCrow92, WarmSnake74, DrunkenKitten7, StonyStallion57, and RapidLady31. I saw them between 8am - 5pm EST on 01/07/2014. If these are not setup by Riot, then someone is running bot accounts and leveling them up to 30 and possibly selling the accounts at level 30. This happens everyday in World of Warcraft. Anyway, just to repeat, it is NOT CO-OP VS AI. It's PVP that these bots are playing in for < 30 accounts. I reported all of them.

Volandum

01-08-2014

Dmglol also stated "The players will never respond to any comments made in chat, and on top of this since they are actively "playing", badly I might add, it kind of makes it hard to win these matches since you can't really outpush the A.I bots like you can in SR."

RickyRickz

01-08-2014

Quote:
Dmglol:
it kind of makes it hard to win these matches since you can't really outpush the A.I bots like you can in SR.

He is talking about Coop vs AI not PvP...