Having a Bit of Trouble Playing Annie

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Shatterlight

12-28-2009

I've come to the conclusion that Annie just is not my style of character. I prefer having easier to manage disables like Fiddlesticks, or some valuable support skills like Zilean (and their endless mana supplies early on in the game make harassing so easy!). Maybe when I start working with teams, I might change my mind, but in solo queues people expect me to be a pure nuker, and that just is not my style of play.

Also, I don't think the blue swirly effect showed up on my screen due to playing on the lowest graphic settings. I'll look for it on enemies in the future, but don't think I will be able to see it.

Thanks to all of you for the help, but this character just isn't for me.

PS HolyL, I played with you today. Triple caster premades are a bad idea, mate!

PSS, I had Sorceror's Shoes as any caster should, and Rod of Ages and Rylais Scepter I used, but people kept yelling at me to "Stop getting **** items, get more AP"

churika

01-19-2010

probably because if the game drags out for any length of time annie needs all the AP she can get. otherwise she's just a support stunner in group fights as she scales progressively bad as time goes on...at level 6 and up through 30 min mark .she's melting faces with teddy bears. this is also one reason why i get a deathfire grasp to do roughly 40% of someones hp in one hit towards end game, works great to initiate against tanks and high hp classes that will survive ur initial large burst dmg at end game. it's also another nuke to get ur stun back up after ur first stun

also don't forget to try to push a tower once ur tibbers is out and the pvp has stopped. the bear does great dmg against a turret and does aoe dmg to incoming enemy minions. but be careful of tibbers aoe effect hitting a champion then the turret targeting u.

Bilboking

01-19-2010

My general strategy is spamming AP toward endgame. I usually get her stun up before casting Tibbers which gives me an aoe stun. Timing the stun is everything with Annie. I also start off with the +7 mana regen thing and two health potions. I also get incinerate and then the firecone thing. The shield always comes last with me. I on average kill around 11/game with her. Just have to get used to the timing.

KCao

01-19-2010

If you are having difficulties seeing the swirly effect around Annie, then i suggest you try hovering over the buff itself to see it. Personally, I play Annie AP mid and rape face and after all that experience I still have trouble counting stuns so I just hover over the dam thing cuz apparently I am too lazy to see the swirls either haha.

As for how to play Annie well and not get owned due to squishieness, tank Annie is always fun but not typical. For a normal Annie build, you just have to know how to run away when chased. I can't tell you how many times spamming skills backwards while running saved my ass. Not only do I get my stun up to stop them from getting to me, I have a possibility of completely dominating someone to 0 Hp or at least setting up an easy gank by luring them and slowly owning their lives so my teammates can pick them off. Otherwise, Annie is in general an easy character to play. You just have to spam correctly and remember to get stun/tibbers. Then it's just item build after that.

Also listen to Bilboking (dude above me) cuz I use the same start item that way I can harrass more with a good AP start off and mana regen for the longer laning.