Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Sona build after innevating locket?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ObjectiveTruth

12-19-2010

What is your sona build now that innervating locket has been removed?

Im new to her and i can't find a good synergy for items

Seelyon

12-19-2010

Been running this Sona Guide (http://www.squidoo.com/league-of-legends-sona-guide) and just using rod of ages instead of innevating locket, havent really found a great alternative myself yet, havent had time to look into it much.

jars

12-19-2010

soul shroud? mana regen, more tankyness and cdr aura. it's a good choice on janna so why not sonna.

ArAr Rrrr

12-19-2010

I go:
tears into AA
and Glacial Shroud later into Frozen Heart
as a core items.

It gives your Mana, great AP , CDR, Armor and nice debuff!
You can consider Shurelya's Reverie for more HP, CDR cap, more mana regen and great active utiliy for your team.

Cheap build, and gives a bit of everything!

Cenerae

12-19-2010

Chalice of Harmony will fix your mana needs, assumming you're being smart enough to run with mana regen runes and masteries.

After that you can build what you were doing beforehand on her, though if you were crutching off the locket you'll want to find that 10% cdr from something else, of course.

Shurelya's is a decent item pick for Sona since they buffed the active a bit, give that a whirl as well if you havn't already.

Curean

12-20-2010

I typically only run Sona while playing with at least 1-2 friends

But my build consist starting with meki and 2 hp pots, and lane with someone, rarely go solo but sometimes do so mid.

I build the meki into a chalice asap, and this is preference, may be good or bad for you, I like to get my boots next, either mercury or swiftness depending on the enemy.

Afterwards I build leviathan asap, get those charges in as soon as possible.

Following I get an archangels, then go to either frozen heart, or spirit shroud, depending on both teams, do I need to slow their attack, or does more of my team need CDR?

Then I can go one of two ways with my last, get the item I didn't just above, or get soulstealer, but soulstealer is really a thing that if you do get, find a way to fit it in early game, while AP isn't so wonderful for her, that CDR is dandy

jokull

12-20-2010

when i play sona i just run her with a basic mage build, rod, aa staff, zhonyas, mejais since she gets stacks easily, whatever boots are best for the game and then usually a banshees, you get enough mana that even spamming as fast as possible in a fight, you wont run out, you heal like a boss and do decent damage as well, and your ult hurts. its kind of a squishier build than most people like but it works for me

Evil Elf

12-20-2010

meki -> tear - for mana (make sure you take Strength of spirit mastery with tear, gives amazing health regen)
boots 1 - upgrade to Mercury when you feel it's necesary, but I usually delay it because I have E)
kindlegem - for cd reduction, upgraded later into soul shroud for mana and cd team buff
blasting wand - if you want to heal at all you need ap
finish archangels
finish soul shroud

the rest depends on the enemy team..
possible choices: Zhonyas, Frozen Heart..

The basic principle behind my build is - get enough mana so you can spam your spells and help the team all the time. You need cooldown reduction to be able to do it faster. Get some AP if it's possible. Take a solo lane if possible, in a few levels you'll be able to stay all day in the lane even against 2 enemies if done right.
For summoner spells I take clarity and flash
masteries - 0/9/21 - take SoS in defensive mastery

Marius Caesar

12-20-2010

Strangely enough, stacking archangels after you complete a Soul Shroud and maybe Chalice may be the best way for Sona for that raw mp5

NinetyNineTails

12-20-2010

I never used the Locket on Sona, just Tear->Mejai's->Spirit Visage->Archangel's->Zhonya's, and never had excessive mana problems.