Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Platinum Team

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

KiNG Nidhogg

11-12-2013

3 Roles to fill - Mid, ADC and Support (Can work it out if you want Top/Jungle probably, both my friend and myself can do multiple roles).

Must live in NA and hopefully around EST time (e.g Ontario, Canada time).

Must be willing to dedicate some time on weekends (either Saturday 8 PM or Sunday 8 PM, the time can be changed to fit things, the 8 is just a placeholder) for at least one ranked 5v5. Ideal to just grind 5v5's throughout the week but at the bare minimum - 1 game a week.

Ok, now to sound more human. The two team members, including myself, are MavaTheSwift and KiNG Nidhogg. He likes to top whilst I mainly play jungle. I have many little anecdotes as to why i jungle, if you're into stories otherwise go to the next part, but generally I play it due to a non-stressful environment where i can just overlook my team and help out. Some junglers like to be nasty and counterjungle, but im more of a classic jungler farm n gank style etcetc. Ok cool, thats me.

You can be above Platinum i guess, but not below. The purpose of putting this restriction is to make sure were all on the same skill level (definitely not equal, thats impossible, but generally the same level) so we can "learn" together as we go through. An example of how this system is effective is an easy one to give. If there's just one diamond dude playing with a bunch of golds, for example, he's most likely going to carry whilst those 4 teammates get a free ride. My point being everyone needs to pitch in and everyone needs to gain something from each and every game. Just learn and play with each other while getting better, simple as that.

Just a few notes:
- Team name is "Team Esoterics".
- Currently Plat 1 player (didn't make the cut for diamond -.-).
- I'm Asian, if that matters.
- Young members in the team ( >18 ). Not squeakers though, our balls haven't scrunched up to produce that sort of mouse voice.
- Like to communicate through some sort of team-speak, what team doesnt?

Add King Nidhogg or post here if you want to join.

Have a nice day and hopefully we have some good times together. Screw high school tbh, freshman this year and im just not looking forward to actually studying and getting a job/being a typical asian. Roit pls, ned muney 2 pro plyer.

RangTchu

11-12-2013

add rangtchu
plat2 jungle or support main
live in GA,NA

EmoWhiteRobot

11-12-2013

IGN: EmoWhiteRobot
Division: Plat 5
Support all the way, Thresh,Leona,Nami

I added King Nidhogg, so hopefully we can talk soon.

Lannister

11-12-2013

Symphonide
Plat 5 (currently, attempting to move up as fast as possible before the season starts...who isn't? :P)
Mid-lane main.
Annie/viktor/ahri/zyra 'mains', with many other situational picks available.
Live in Ontario myself!

count crotchuIa

11-13-2013

Added you in game but il post here also

summoner name : hey im cookie
plat2
20 years old from ontario if that matters
Can play any position
fav champs(shyvana,nid,sona,varus)but love and enjoy learning all champs
good mechanics can take criticism and can commit to weekends for sure.

KiNG Nidhogg

11-13-2013

Hey ok so this is in reply to both the support applicants - Rangtchu and Emowhiterobot. Obviously, we cant have two supports but we can have a substitute. This would obviously be a good thing, but I will be choosing emowhiterobot for being the "main" support mostly due to you, Rangtchu, saying you can do both jungle AND support. This way, you can sub for either myself or our support. Hopefully that logic is as sound to you guys as it is to me.

As for midlane, symphonide, its cool that you live in Ontario too. I like your picks, especially viktor because because he works with my jarvan/hecarim favourite picks. If you could try to pick up AoE mids (annie and zyra work) instead of more assassin-oriented picks such as ahri, kassadin, zed etc, it would be great. Synergy is a great thing, as such many teams try to go for some sort of "work-together" picks. I usually go with more tanky jungle picks rather than assassin ones like shaco/lee sin (can build him glass cannon jungle imo) etc. Classic jarvan/orianna combo and stuff like that would give us an edge in games.

Ok for Cookie, I'm not being really picky its just that i like to have people with specific skillsets rather than the "oh yeah i can do whatevs" sort of style. As such, I'm kind of tentative about putting you in ADC, as that, in my opinion, is one of the roles where adc mains and can-play-adc people have a large skill gap as compared to like top mains and can-play-top people. Not the best at explaining, sorry.

KiNG Nidhogg

11-13-2013

Quote:
KiNG Nidhogg:
Hey ok so this is in reply to both the support applicants - Rangtchu and Emowhiterobot. Obviously, we cant have two supports but we can have a substitute. This would obviously be a good thing, but I will be choosing emowhiterobot for being the "main" support mostly due to you, Rangtchu, saying you can do both jungle AND support. This way, you can sub for either myself or our support. Hopefully that logic is as sound to you guys as it is to me.

As for midlane, symphonide, its cool that you live in Ontario too. I like your picks, especially viktor because because he works with my jarvan/hecarim favourite picks. If you could try to pick up AoE mids (annie and zyra work) instead of more assassin-oriented picks such as ahri, kassadin, zed etc, it would be great. Synergy is a great thing, as such many teams try to go for some sort of "work-together" picks. I usually go with more tanky jungle picks rather than assassin ones like shaco/lee sin (can build him glass cannon jungle imo) etc. Classic jarvan/orianna combo and stuff like that would give us an edge in games.

Ok for Cookie, I'm not being really picky its just that i like to have people with specific skillsets rather than the "oh yeah i can do whatevs" sort of style. As such, I'm kind of tentative about putting you in ADC, as that, in my opinion, is one of the roles where adc mains and can-play-adc people have a large skill gap as compared to like top mains and can-play-top people. Not the best at explaining, sorry.

TL;DR

Need hardcore ADC main, got most roles filled. If possible, a sub that can sub for top and mid.

A note to possible future declined candidates. I'm just a little biased in terms of favoring SoloQ platinums over golds. I know this might not be accurate as some people might be stuck in "elo hell" where teams drag you down, but numbers are the most non-subjective way i can decide things. Skill is kind of hard to determine tbh lol, so i look at stats mostly.

KheIlendros

11-13-2013

i added you in game, but main ADC now hit me up for tryout, ign is kheilendros

KiNG Nidhogg

11-13-2013

Alright, I guess the slots are filled. We have like 4-5 ADC candidates that i need to tryout (some didnt post here and instead added). Officially full.

Top: MavaTheSwift
Mid: Symphonide
Jungle: KiNG Nidhogg, RangTchu (sub)
Adc: Kheilendros/Hey Im Cookie (trying out atm, offering the loser of 1v1 a sub position)
Support: EmoWhiteRobot, RangTchu (sub)

KiNG Nidhogg

11-13-2013

bump