Teemo: Tanking Like a Pro

1234567 ... 13
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Subdue

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-19-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radamanthys3 View Post
This is truly outrageous!
I speak the truth! Though it doesn't work very well on Twisted Treeline from my limited experience there. He doesn't get his tankiness nearly as early as you need it, and tanks can deny him quite hard.

PineapplePine

12-19-2010

I tried it...
I was getting owned early because I wasn't tanky xD and wanted to do some taunting already. I failed.

But later on when I racked up my tanking items, it was very funny. I was laning against Tryn and Amumu and I was doing pretty bad early game. But late game, they try to kill me and focus me because I'm so "squishy" and annoying. No problem, just poke and taunt, they chase me. I blind Tryn and he wants to cry because 1/3 of his Ulti goes to waste. Then I exhaust him then he just cries. So he dies, Amumu is like no problem, its just a stupid Teemo. Amumu chases me far away from his team, so I fought him head on... He's like why wouldn't you die? Then my team came, and he's like oh sh*t I should run... but wait that Teemo only have 15% health left, I shall kill him and then die. Why wouldn't he die?!!?!??!

So funny.

Bumbah

12-20-2010

I'm glad this build worked out for you. Remember, teemo is a normal mode King...and any build works great for normal games. Take this build to ranked matches and post what you encounter. I dare you

Lastly, I have felt the wrath of the teemo taunt. So instead of building a tank teemo, i just learned to kite. Its more effective, you can build more dps (via ap or ad, or AS), and you can show off your pro skills..instead of making a silly gimick build that only works for normal games against baddies.

Happy Holidays!

AreYouReady2Die

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-20-2010

It works against.. Any team I've done it on ranked month or 2 ago, 2 sunfire capes, phantom dancer, abyss, void staff. Now I'd prolly replace a sunfire with frozen mallet, but even ranked, the taunt worked. Every single team fight, team engages, I drop a mushie, attack and run. Their whole team runs THROUGH my team and chase as I kite and they die.

Typically causes 2-3 aces b4 they wise up, and only 1 or 2 jihadist's suicide chase just lookout for brolaf he's still lethal(unless you run exhaust and dart him after it wears off)

For the ap people it's not as effective and expensive, but I like catalyst, stinger, upgrade to RoA, abyss, nashor's ( same effect as malady without the dot and more ap/cd) to start, frozen heart/sunfire, void staff/ryjial(perfer Mallet for hp and perma slow)/hextech gunblade(let's you lifesteal to keep life up)

Those are tanking light builds though sometimes the good ol atma's and stack armor/mr/life tank build is needed

Subdue

12-20-2010

I'm glad it worked out for you.

Also, as far as "any build works in normal", I would think Teemo is actually easier to win with in ranked, because you can see the opponent's team selection to see how effective his blind will be on their team, as opposed to complete surprise in normal.

PineapplePine

12-20-2010

Not sure if you care but I realize that there is also a secondary type of taunt that just pulls people towards you. By having your Teemo a tank, if you build him pretty sturdy against a pretty easy to tank against team (for instance, all melee or magic not mixed). If you just pop ghost and NOT your W and run into all 5 of them and then run out after eating a hit or so, they will chase you far... Turn on your W once you get some distance with ghost. They will chase you and if you do this more times, they will think you're so c*cky and want to focus you and kill you so badly. Of course this doesn't happen all the time, only once a while.

AreYouReady2Die

12-20-2010

I did that on spoof account that's level 11( for when kathas is free 95% of the time to try and break my 45 kill record on noobs for fun), plopped a shroom on all 5 solo and ran like hell for a 5 kill assist, funny as hell. The main point of this thread to me is, if you build to max killing power, with little survivabilty, you encourage the current mentality everyone (even myself) has that teemo is a free kill if you gank him. I honestly don't see the outragous gank attempts on any character besides teemo unless they eanr it during the match. Ie my corporate mundo cleaver spamming constantly, and being cocky with the typical "MUNDO GOES WHERE HE PLEASES" line after getting a double kill solo from them trying to gank him. It's the only way to make mundo a effective tank, by focusing their rage on you, to do the stupid thing of focus firing the 6k hp tank with 150+ armor and MR over the squishies.

Teemo's typical hit and run cause ill die otherwords strat encourages that mentality, I love the lil dude and to me, its the only way to stop the rage at him, he's too weak otherwise and tasty.

Subdue

12-20-2010

All of Teemo's abilities allow him to illicit the rage of the enemy team. Combine that with the expectation that he'll be an easy kill and you have the recipe for a godlike Teemo Tank.

Subdue

12-21-2010

kardelz

12-21-2010

gotta agree with the teemo taunt, i always see people making a beeline for teemo cause its so fun to watch him die after having to step in his poop mushrooms all the time

1234567 ... 13